Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 5

gregzagk

Wasn't the next round supposed to be WW2?

(http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2688832&postcount=581)

Yes it is :)

But we work on both concepts as from now on we will have smaller rounds with different eras. So we have to be ready for both.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the WW2 version offer some link to the capturing of ground and how can we do that without Choppers if so? Or will it be some version of air to air with AI covering the capturing process?

There will be capturing process. We are finalising the concept now. Should talk about this in the Twitch channel soon :)

Can you give lots of notice, this thread get buried and I really want to come join it? Is there maybe a sqn leader mailing list so we can communicate a little easier?

There will be capturing process. We are finalising the concept now. Should talk about this in the Twitch channel soon :)

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Can you give lots of notice, this thread get buried and I really want to come join it? Is there maybe a sqn leader mailing list so we can communicate a little easier?

Yes we have a group of squadron leaders also in the buddyspike webpage. By sending a message there you should be e-mailed by enjin.

Will send a personal message here also ;)

Greg

Well hopefully ED will realease the WW2 version of the KA50 in time for your next event. :pilotfly:

attachment.php?attachmentid=116023&d=1428287143

• Like 1

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Cheers buddy, the WW2 stuff got some people really excited also.

Yes we have a group of squadron leaders also in the buddyspike webpage. By sending a message there you should be e-mailed by enjin.

Will send a personal message here also ;)

Greg

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I would like to make a request and a suggestion. Can you please roll back the Operation Blue Flag 5 map so that there are more Blue bases available? I know the round is over and it is just for fun/practice/test but there are only 2 bases on the map for blue now. I would also like to suggest that you make multiple fighting areas on the map during the in-between time before OBF 6. For example split area’s 4 and 5 between Red and Blue so that the red have everything from Sukhumi airfield to Sochi airfield and the Blues have from the Sukhumi-Babushara / Senaki-Kolkhi FARP down to Batumi, then do something similar around PAK’s 1 and 2 and then Split PAK 3 down the middle. This will give short flights, good practice sessions and lots of fun before the next round.

Thanks

JD

AKA_MattE

WWII warbirds I think is a mistake. There arn't really enough period units to truly give an approximate battlespace. Also the aircraft are limited to all of what, three aircraft?

I feel its just too limiting, and will see lower participation in the main. Id love to see it in the future where WWII DCS is more developed, but for now it seems a very odd choice to me for a large scale community event.

It seems better to me to keep it firmly within 1980s, cold war scenario to give widest range of aircraft the ability to participate with some flexible interpretation. This also keeps options open for those who like to fly the current helos.

Edited by Deathbane

V.O.D.K.A. Squadron: Northern Wolves - Red ones go faster!

Will WW2 be a seperate server? I hope so....

Pls don't

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Pls don't

Please do. While I'm not generally against a WW2 blue flag some time in the future, currently we are working with what... 4 airplanes? 2 of them are american and 2 are German. None of them are Russian and we are talking about a fight over the Russian theatre. In addition to that there are very few ground assets that can be used for WW2 scenario as most of the assets were made with the cold war era in mind. I would very much like to see blueflak remain the the same era as round 5 was. This era is the most interesting as it allows older aircraft to be used with the new fighters without the fear of ARH missiles splashing you from 20 miles away. Also the current system works well with the early 1980s era and I personally enjoyed it very much.

At the end of the day it's the blueflag teams call, but I still believe that moving to WW2 is a bad idea.

Please do. While I'm not generally against a WW2 blue flag some time in the future, currently we are working with what... 4 airplanes? 2 of them are american and 2 are German. None of them are Russian and we are talking about a fight over the Russian theatre. In addition to that there are very few ground assets that can be used for WW2 scenario as most of the assets were made with the cold war era in mind. I would very much like to see blueflak remain the the same era as round 5 was. This era is the most interesting as it allows older aircraft to be used with the new fighters without the fear of ARH missiles splashing you from 20 miles away. Also the current system works well with the early 1980s era and I personally enjoyed it very much.

At the end of the day it's the blueflag teams call, but I still believe that moving to WW2 is a bad idea.

What you say is reasonable, although I would still enjoy a WW2 BlueFlag in the current state of DCS. But what I dislike is the idea of two seperate BlueFlags running simultaneously, regardless of the setting.

Two american WW2 aircraft? I only know the Mustang.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

From now on, each campaign round will last max 6 days.

So those who won't like a specific era concept or don't own a module, won't have to wait too long for the next round that fits them most.

We think it will be interesting for many of the community and it also give us time to introduce various new features in the modern rounds also as we work in the backround ;)

We will use the same server for this time.

Greg

From now on, each campaign round will last max 6 days.

So those who won't like a specific era concept or don't own a module, won't have to wait too long for the next round that fits them most.

We think it will be interesting for many of the community and it also give us time to introduce various new features in the modern rounds also as we work in the backround ;)

We will use the same server for this time.

Greg

This seems an odd choice. So the blue flags are being cut in length by almost 2/3? What was the rationale behind this decision?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

;2711580']:music_whistling:

That pained me to watch.... I know they were the enemy but still....

The two Ka 50s in formation kill was a thing of beauty though. :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hmmmm small campaign doesn't really suits well the blueflag atmosphere.

I'll repeat what i proposed on the official forum :

Let just do like 4-5 weeks of combat, with everyweek we go into the next generation of planes. So that'll start with WW2 and finish with modern stuff. Everyone will get happy.