Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 5

gregzagk

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg, xcom, crash and team. Just passing on a great peice of feedback that I heard on TS last night.

Guy joins having fun, he says, "Eagle Dynamics really need to include this is the product its so good."

Can't get a better compliment than that team, well done!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Great fun yesterday despite not being able to connect to the server till 3 hours after start! We lost sochi but got it back pnce more Redfor were able to join. Battle for Beslan was epic.

Cant fly tonight unfortunately but will be back with a vengeance on Monday!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Is there an issue that where ALOT of pilots from Red side and Blue that were Shotdown 4 times and they were continue to fly, without letting others to connect and to wait outside server?

attachment.php?attachmentid=134749&stc=1&d=1455449542

Screen_160213_234952.thumb.jpg.8b6349e51b58c34b18210b1c1afda289.jpg

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

Very naughty of 104th_Knight to do that.

Also, is there any documentation i can look at in regards of what we have to do? I found it difficult to find opponents, wasn't sure what i had to do etc. I also want to help transport troops, but i dont know where etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

Is there an issue that where ALOT of pilots from Red side and Blue that were Shotdown 4 times and they were continue to fly, without letting others to connect and to wait outside server?

attachment.php?attachmentid=134749&stc=1&d=1455449542

[ATTACH]134749[/ATTACH]

Lazzyseal flies Mi8 mostly, chopper pilots are exempt from the life/loss of life counter.

Thats the reason he has 6 deaths and is still flying.

I'll defend anyone thats innocent, even if he Redfor :p

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

Thank you all for your kind words and feedback.

@LevelPulse please check the first post for the SOP pdf file.

It explains how the campaign's features work and what are the objectives.

A pilot can lose more than 4 lives If he explodes in the ground, rescued by a Chopper or If flying with choppers. So there shouldn't be an issue there. Working on the full server issue though.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Shitload of things can explain this.

-Death on Ground count in system, not in BF

-Rescue can bring back lifes (RED for is really active in that sector)

-Mi-8 doesn't lose life (not in SOP, btw)

-In some condition (engine running), leaving your plane at base make you go boom, which is a death in DCS, not in BF.

EDIT : screenshot from blueflag ouverture tacview. :music_whistling:

Untitled.png.030b2eac695292fcb070be4cd7984fd0.png

Edited by Darkwolf

Please consider putting a password on the server that is ONLY given out on Teamspeak!

Last night people who were not connected to Teamspeak managed to connect and stopped other people who were on Teamspeak from getting in the server.

It would also be very helpful for server restarts.....

Instead of the mayhem caused by everyone joining the server to early, you guys could just jump down in to one channel at a time and give the password out ..... this way you control 'who' joins the server and 'when' at restart time!

Long term a server password might not be great, but I think it worth considering especially at the weekend when the server will be busy to help with restarts etc.

People who joined the server within the first 30 seconds of it launching should be banned! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;2677657']Please consider putting a password on the server that is ONLY given out on Teamspeak!

I must say after spending some thoughts on this, at the official round a password given to all registered pilots might at least keep unregistered players from joining. It will also at least delay early connects by a couple of seconds depending on how long people need to enter the password ;)

;2677657']

People who joined the server within the first 30 seconds of it launching should be banned! :D

There is a script active keeping players from joining within the first seconds at least. The only thing I could think of is ban them for 5 minutes. Yes, that could actually help and educate people. a permanent ban might be a tiny little bit harsh :megalol:

But +1 on the 5 minute ban for people connecting within the first minute!

One other thing that came to my mind. If theres 100 people trying to connect. Lets assume the first 60 players to connect are 45 blue and 15 red, do you have a script installedthat makes sure there are a max of 30 players per side? That might be a good idea. I dont know how balance was last night since the web-map didn't work ... but I guess if there's 60 people on the server, it might be good to make sure its 30/30 ...

Can't wait till the time where we can have blueflag with 120 players without lag and server-crashes. This will be a glourious time :pilotfly:

for a moment I tought I got banned, right after I spwaned at Beslan-Tibilisi farp. Took 2 different spawn slots and doing so sent two 42VFG guys to angels... :( Can't this be fixed - helis spawns directly on FARP, not like 100 or 200 metres away from it. (like with a tail inside a house or on a hill side....)

Edited by madyogi

Seems the server is in poor health currently... Those in the game are finding massive leg spikes or black screens meeting them, whilst I can't even see the server listed.

Check, thanks a lot.

It is the first couple of days in the event. We should see if this over-population keep going on the long term before over reacting.

If server popularity goes higher, maybe on upcoming campaign, maybe consider breaking the West and East front in two separate servers....I think it can be better to have two stable medium size than one huge "everyone in there" server that crashes.

Is the server actually "hanging" right now? See the status web page showing all the packs, mission time set to 25min (not changing since i got kicked) but still with players connected...

We are in the server right now. It should be ok in some minutes.

Thanks for your patience.

Greg

I had a blast today, defended Beslan in with 2 and later with 3 F-15s. Before the server went down the first time I ended with one kill one death, once it was back up I got three kills but sadly after rtb and rearm it went down again when I just got back in the air.

It's good to be back anyway thumbup.gif

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2