• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about starway's work..

pros

3d trees, forests look rich!

city limits look amazing.

plains have direction, not just up and down..

cons

tile greenery.. especially bushes appearing bitmap-like

river edges still look lomac-ish.

stark color on the coast line...

but looking at city limits look amazing!

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Holy s***

Can we get some high res (game resolution 1080p or 2160p) using the starway texture pack?

Be great to see some with ground units.

Everybody is exciting about all the new texture improvements and upcoming modules. Folks, just stop driving completly crazy and even becoming angry about stuff which has not been communicated through all the media in your prefered specific way. So much great stuff is in the pipeline and we should keep in mind that ed and all the third parties are giving all the best to build the best flight sim ever seen. So keep calm and wait for the news and infos from ed when they are ready to release them.

Edited by ellutscho

Fractal Define R6 | Maximus XI Hero | i7-9700K@5.1GHz | GTX 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | SSD M.2 1TB | VG248QE | TM Hotas Warthog | TrackIR4

DCS F-5E | MiG-21 | A-10C | FC3 | NTTR | F/A-18C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the video, the artificial horizon doesn't seem to respond to Wags banking or pushing/pulling! WIP? Otherwise great module.

He forgot to turn it on.

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

Can the real Gazelle lift off and yaw so fast like this? It reminds me Battlefield

Yes it can! You should look ups some real world videos of the Gazelle, it is extremely nimble.

EDIT: This one for example, but there are even better ones. [ame]

[/ame]

EDIT: This one as well. [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M829-rG9nxc[/ame]

Edited by Aginor

Nothing against the new textures, but i don't expect to be buying it.. I already have a good terrain texture mod, buildings mod, runways mod etc. Unless this drasticly fixes the FLIR problems or something i won't be getting it.

At 5$ i'd probably/maybe get it at some point...

it's actually something common to pretty much all conventional helis.

Not that I have been able to do that in DCS with the Huey and the Eight.

Last time I (2014) researched helicopter development and studies, it has been impossible to even make a mathematical theories about anti-torque rotor stall and overall effects to the main rotor wash because the air flows mixtures are way too complicated and random. So it basically stays as "find and error" matter to try get rear working.

This is one reason why Kamov co-axial design was simpler and more effective as you don't have anti-torque rotor at all to even worry about, but still far more difficult to design a dual-rotors.

And this makes it little challenging to model whole main rotor hitting a tail-boom as anti-torque rotor affects to that as well.

Even today helicopters are one of the most challenging engineering in aeronautic. Changing something small in rotors or engines requires to redesign everything else.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.