New Thrustmaster gear coming soon

Yes you could use that as a rudder. It is a self centering axis input.

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-24832-0-11901100-1462522065.jpg

post-24832-0-37520300-1462522072.jpg

i have ch throttle... but i am not happy with my throttle because it's axis is too short so i can not make small adjustments properly.

Think the issue there is more due the low resolution of their USB controller - 8 bits ( 256 points) - than the axis course...

Edited by Sokol1_br

The logic on the Warthog isn't really difficult to grasp. It's an F-16 stick reused by the USAF for the A-10 which means it can do double duty. The two biggest modern military sims are arguably Falcon and DCS A-10. When the Warthog was designed and released, DCS World wasn't even mature yet. It wasn't so much a case of popular appeal as it was a case of capitalizing on an existing market in alignment with a major software release.

For the Hornet, they're not gonna sell a stick for a jet that doesn't even have a hard release yet. Frankly, a Warthog quality F-16 style throttle with similar single/dual throttle switch and rotaries for fine radar control is all we really need, as it would at least fill general functionality -- but we've only just breached the first fully PFM fighter with the M2000, so patience will be our virtue.

Given that the E:D and Star Citizen fans are picking up the Warthog for their pits (and apparently Saitek will be designing a Star Citizen licensed controller), there's little reason for TM to appeal to an as of yet non-existent market for other aircraft with a new stick and they're certainly not gonna roll out a 1:1 stick for every module. When the Hornet arrives, that may change but certainly not before.

That said, it was pretty damn silly to have a press conference to announce absolutely bupkis. I, for one, am a little upset to hear that they are gunshy on swappable sticks for the Warthog as that seems to be the entire point of its construction. But if the VKB swappables sell well, we'll likely see at least one. My guess is it would be the F-15/F-18 considering we already have an F-15 throttle to match and both modules are on their way in the near future.

What you say can be resumed - from manufacturers POV - in not make more replica HOTAS, but a multifunctional HOTAS based on the needs of several planes.

E.g. Add a F-15 rotary for radar elevation on Warthog throttle made more sense from this POV than do (another) F-16 throttle or a F-18... etc. Will be please more jet jockeys. :)

And are the factor that space flight games add new needs in flight controls. ;) :joystick:

Bringing out "mass market" sticks and throttles Is a huge mistake. When I saw the pictures of the stick and throttle I was more than disappointed. Here's why I believe Thrustmaster is shooting themselves in the foot.

The WARTHOG is a "High Fidelity" Stick and Throttle. With a few exception with respect to exactly what kind of switches were used it is a replica of the real thing. There are 2 types of people buying the a Warthog, People like me who bought the WARTHOG because it is a replica of the Stick and Throttle for my flight sim. And people who bought the WARTHOG for other simulations because it's a pretty solid design, fairly trouble free...(for most people)...and has gads of buttons and switches that can be configured to a persons liking.

Here's where the disconnect lies...

The flight sim crowd wants and expects a High a Fidelity Stick and Throttle to follow the Warthog. As already being voiced here and other forums, DCS is pretty much setting the standard as far as flight sims goes...And As far as I know, ED has never announced project it didn't successfully bring to market. A HOTAS for any aircraft in the sim or expected would be an appropriate choice because by doing a High fidelity HOTAS... TM gets to sell to both markets.

A generic "stick & throttle with lots of buttons" might be attractive but it's really only aiming at 1 market. An F-18, F-14 or Mirage combo will be bought by the high fidelity crowd for realism and the others...for lots of buttons and switches.

TM is also losing money by not going after the Second stick and throttle market. The F-5E is a perfect example. Simple stick that fits the Warthog and a simple throttle with fewer buttons. Can be marketed to the fidelity crowd for accuracy and casual simmers, other markets as a simplified inexpensive HOTAS.

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Well to be fair, I don't care much for replicas. Despite me enjoying the A-10 I really only bought into the TM Hotas Warthog because that's just the best there is <$500, the metal grip and plenty of buttons & switches.

I'd be perfectly fine with a custom design that doesn't match any real aircraft or one which DCS doesn't have (Su-35 etc) as long as it's high quality, metal, plenty of buttons and usable in any sims.

What I really hope though is that someone starts to bring back FFB into high-end sticks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bringing out "mass market" sticks and throttles Is a huge mistake.

Well, the true may hurt, but they can looking at Elite Dangerous (and other "Space Flight Games"), War Thunder/IL-2 BoS crowd (the "mass market"), not in the SMALL - not growing, but shrinking - "military jet's" crowd. ;)

Put simple most of people will be happy with a functional/good quality (X of the question) affordable joy/throttle, those don't care much with costly"realistic High Fidelity F-XY HOTAS" replica looking. :D

Bringing out "mass market" sticks and throttles Is a huge mistake..

Well, the true may hurt, but they can looking at Elite Dangerous (and other "Space Flight Games"), War Thunder/IL-2 BoS crowd (the "mass market"), not in the SMALL - not growing, but shrinking - "military jet's" crowd. ;)

Put simple most of people will be happy with a functional/good quality (X of the question) affordable joy/throttle, those don't care much with costly"realistic High Fidelity F-XY HOTAS" replica looking. :D

Agree with Sokol1_br here.

Making a mass market stick, throttle and pedals in decent quality is definitely not a mistake. There's lot's of money there, the more so since they have made it compatible to the PS4 console.

That's where the real money is.

To add insult to injury, Warthog owners buy once, and then keep it for many years.

A TM Warthog is not a "buy-and throw away" item, like a cheaper stick/hotas might be. ;)

So I think TM are on the right track here.

Let's just hope that they keep making the mid-high end stuff like the Warthog.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

TM could make things better.

Make a stick base as standard and then sell stick to it as the optional and accessory part.

Make throttle same way as a base with a dual sticks to on you attach wanted grip that can be dual or single part.

And at the throttle base there is slots to at you can attach different modules that add knobs, switches, sliders etc.

Then sell grips and sticks for all kind aircrafts, cheap and expensive.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

looks like a dream.

but if tm produces this kind of system can not imagine the price

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

With a little effort you could make something a lot like that out of warthog; and non-destructively at that. This was my take. You could angle something upward on the front just the same and attach with the screws on the front.

6 push buttons/encoders, a mode switch for them with 3 positions for a total of 18 buttons/encoder functions (AM/UHF/FM radios in A-10C...)

6 pots for WWII and such; great for range and elevation knobs on sights, flaps, rudder trim, etc.

attachment.php?attachmentid=140473&stc=1&d=1463093603

20160512_184535.thumb.jpg.4eafe0da56e32b3cf40f8b1fafcd4e26.jpg

Edited by xaoslaad
  • Like 1

Instead "realistic F-xy replica" HOTAS, why not a multi-functional and good looking one - like this render (From IL-2.ru forum):

That looks impressively cool. There can never be too many buttons, knobs, rotaries and axes on a HOTAS. :thumbup:

With a little effort you could make something a lot like that out of warthog; and non-destructively at that. This was my take.

Wow, very creative, cool. ;)

hmm, April fool ?

I was hoping for Warthog V2:- with the Slew Replaced, and all the single throw switches replaced with double throw.

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

no clue, but if the Warthog is a 10 yr product, I dont see why they are selling them off at discount prices at retailers, unless a hardware revision is coming.

$100 Hornet hand grip....

No point in continuing to produce HOTAS w/ Removable grips if you aren't gonna take advantage of that system.

Alot of people are still wondering why the throttle assembly isnt sold as a standalone option either.. (like the stick)

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

... Warthog...

Alot of people are still wondering why the throttle assembly isnt sold as a standalone option either.. (like the stick)

You mean this?

http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Hotas-Warthog-Throttles-Control-Pc/dp/B00T5X3Z2S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463153898&sr=8-1&keywords=thrustmaster+throttle

Is available since Jan 2015.

Edited by Sokol1_br

Yup...

I guess they finally started doing it some time in the last year., when I was in the market for one they didn't do it had to buy one 2nd hand, and then replace my CH Stick when the Warthog sticks where on sale.

Yup...

I guess they finally started doing it some time in the last year., when I was in the market for one they didn't do it had to buy one 2nd hand, and then replace my CH Stick when the Warthog sticks where on sale.

Apparently, since February, 2015.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Apparently, since February, 2015.

Well it wasnt listed when I bought my Throttle.. So..

That was around December 2014 IIRC...