Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

It'd be nice if Oculus gave developers the ability to launch apps w/o having to launch Oculus Client/Home.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Can anyone answer my question?

what are you guys using for these settings,

* Disable Aero

* Vsync

* MSAA

* Anisotropic filtering

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Need Help - mission not loading on VR mode.

Hi Guys,

I finally got my Oculus Rift CV1 and set it up on my PC. I am experiencing an issue when loading a mission. The mission is just loading forever and does not start. This happens to me only on the VR mode and not on regular screen mode. anyone here have experienced the same issue?

I am launching my game through Steam.

Thanks,

This week we internally added the option to control the cursor with either the mouse or head movement.

Hopefully, this and other VR improvements like pixel density selection will be rolled to a release version soon.

Thanks

Are you actually making your tests with the VIVE as well?

Is there any performance difference (in fps) between the VIVE and the OR or they are identical?

If there's a difference in performance.. will it be eventually fixed?

I'm asking because the VIVE atm is outselling the OR (due to the room-scale experience.. that isn't used in DCS of course...), so in the next future the VIVE could be the most used VR hmd...

Can anyone answer my question?

what are you guys using for these settings,

* Disable Aero

* Vsync

* MSAA

* Anisotropic filtering

-Leave Aero On.

-Disable VSYNC is User Preference, I'd Leave it On.

-Disable MSAA, or Run 2x, Pixel Density via Oculus Debug Tool Does Better at making text clearer

-I use Max Ani. Filtering to keep textures crisp at angles.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Wow this is fantastic.

Im so used to head movement pointer from the brilliant Oculus Home interface.

Being able to look at a toggle switch in a DCS cockpit and physically flicking one of my Warthog momentary toggle switches as a mouse click will be a very realistic haptic feedback.

I don't have my Rift yet so sorry if I am missing something....this sounds like it would be the way to go, but what about controls that need to be rotated via the middle mouse button?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

-Leave Aero On.

-Disable VSYNC is User Preference, I'd Leave it On.

-Disable MSAA, or Run 2x, Pixel Density via Oculus Debug Tool Does Better at making text clearer

-I use Max Ani. Filtering to keep textures crisp at angles.

Thank you :)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Click and Hold, Move Cursor Up/Down.

Are you actually making your tests with the VIVE as well?

Is there any performance difference (in fps) between the VIVE and the OR or they are identical?

If there's a difference in performance.. will it be eventually fixed?

I'm asking because the VIVE atm is outselling the OR (due to the room-scale experience.. that isn't used in DCS of course...), so in the next future the VIVE could be the most used VR hmd...

Hopefully DCS can optimize their software for both VR headsets. That said most flight simmers, and devs that have used both prefer the performance, and clarity of the Rift. Especially the Rifts ATW software, and the debug tools apparent resolution improvements. I also doubt that the Vive is outselling the Rift, but its hard to tell as neither have released any sales numbers. It appears that anyone buying a Vive doesn't have to wait too long while Rift buyers are having to wait months. HTC has long standing experience in producing products, but I doubt they are that much faster, unless Oculus is experiencing quality control problems, or custom part delays, which is quite possible.

I think the main reason of why the VIVE is outselling the RIFT, is not linked specifically to HMD, but about the fact that the VIVE provides the controllers and the full room experience, it's not something you gonna use for DCS, but all the people out there does alot more than just playing DCS.

(go in reddit to check the OR on sale... and then check the VIVE.. to figure the proportions)

I can get up and walk around the hanger scene w/ my Controllers.... <shrug>

HTC is producing them faster and shipping them faster.

But Vive does track better than Rift. It was smoother in my opinion. Not a *huge* deal (especially for DCS), but Vive did track better.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I think the main reason of why the VIVE is outselling the RIFT, is not linked specifically to HMD, but about the fact that the VIVE provides the controllers and the full room experience, it's not something you gonna use for DCS, but all the people out there does alot more than just playing DCS.

(go in reddit to check the OR on sale... and then check the VIVE.. to figure the proportions)

But don't forget Oculus will come with touch eventually and be just as good I think

Why does there always have to be a pi$$ing competition when it comes to stuff like this?

Some like the Vive, some the Rift. The two have their strong and weak points. It is historically evident that the best seller isn't always the best system. Take a look at the Betamax versus VHS example. VHS won hands down, but betamax was technically a much better system - go figure!

Also, bear in mind the thread subject. It isn't about the Vive, it isn't about comparing one with the other, it is about the Rift and DCS World. Why is the Vive even being mentioned here?

Why is the Vive even being mentioned here?

Because this is where Wags keep posting about VR updates.

His last post in the Vive thread was from last July.

I also hate the comparison posts but there seems to be a strong bias towards the Rift from ED, which I (as a Vive owner) am not too happy about either.

I know the Rift is better suited for DCS (ATW alone is a killer feature) but as someone pointed out, the Vive is being fulfilled at a higher rate so there might even be more Vive owners out there at this point.

I wanted to get a Rift originally but Oculus refused to sell me one (because of the country I live in), so I had to get a Vive (HTC didn't have a problem with forwarders) and I'm glad I did. Roomscale is simply mind-blowing.

Still, I got my VR HMD primarily for simming (roomscale being a nice bonus for the entire family) and I'd love to be able to use it equally well as Rift owners.

PC HW: i5 3770k@4.6GHz | Asus 1080Ti | 16GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO | MSI MPower Z77 Input: MS FFB2 w/ F-16 FLCS grip | CH Pro Throttle | MFG Crosswind | HTC Vive DCS modules: F-14, FW-190, P-51, Bf109, UH1, Mi-8, FC3, CE2

Maybe someone could open a Vive thread, so the Rift owners don't have to wade through all the fanboy crap to read information relevant to an

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

Maybe someone could open a Vive thread, so the Rift owners don't have to wade through all the fanboy crap to read information relevant to an

There's already one: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=139912

..but as Milopapa have already noted: since the developer is updating this thread with generic VR updates (that affects every HMD on the market), people are replying here.

If anything there should be a official "VR" thread and not segregate the users, we are already mad at Facebook trying to separate the VR users with their bad politic, we don't need to do follow their anti-consumer plans IMO.

All the VR users want to have fun... there's no space for fanboys, let's not transform this in another console war pls.

I also hate the comparison posts but there seems to be a strong bias towards the Rift from ED, which I (as a Vive owner) am not too happy about either.

I know the Rift is better suited for DCS (ATW alone is a killer feature) but as someone pointed out, the Vive is being fulfilled at a higher rate so there might even be more Vive owners out there at this point.

I wanted to get a Rift originally but Oculus refused to sell me one (because of the country I live in), so I had to get a Vive (HTC didn't have a problem with forwarders) and I'm glad I did. Roomscale is simply mind-blowing.

Still, I got my VR HMD primarily for simming (roomscale being a nice bonus for the entire family) and I'd love to be able to use it equally well as Rift owners.

I concur with that Milopapa. Vive should of course get all the support here it needs to become equally viable. And I sympathise when it comes to waiting for the Rift. Still waiting here for mine too!

Pretty Sure those are just VR Updates in General.

Not Specific to VIVE or OR Exclusively.

His last post in the Vive thread was from last July.--snippage--

That's a fair point, ED should take note, methinks.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hi all

Not sure if this is VR specific but I get very short load pauses ( seems like a small stutter )

Is there anyway around this?

Happy to not even allow the detail to be loaded as the load pause is irritating ...a slight lack of detail in certain areas would not bother me at all given the option between the two

There are small stutters reported in the performance thread - not specific to VR but I'm sure it's more noticeable. But is this with 2.0 or 1.5? MP/SP? I know in one case, the use of some SAMs in MP missions caused stutters.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Anyone know how to make the video repeated on the monitor larger? Obviously it won't go full screen because the oculus displays are portrait but I'd like to make it bigger than the default window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DCS 2.0 NTTR, EVGA GTX980 Ti Hybrid, 4790k, 16GB, 27" Apple Cinema Display, Thrustmaster HOTAS, Saitek Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 and...Oculus Rift CV1.

Complete noob .:doh: