Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Just ordered an Occulus Rift sending back my vive (made the wrong choice). Anyone have an intel on if they plan on making orders on time for august and do we know if it is late or early august.

You should have it this month. For the UK, they are well caught up on the preorders (barring payment issues) and people are gtting their post-release Rifts much quicker. They have also said in a recent interview that they expect to be completely up to date with all orders by the end of July.

PS - Just heard from VR Lens Lab and for those KS backers of the VR lenses - they are shipping them out next week - and they said they will be sending thousands each day, so won't be long to wait now :)

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I have just updated 1.5 and now the cursor is a white spot that changes to a blue cross then disappears and it will not operate anything in the cockpit. Help please.

You mean 1.5 Beta? The update should not have flowed to 1.5 Stable yet... As for that issue... that's the first I've heard of that particular one and I've been trying to keep an eye on all the new bugs just out of curiosity. Sorry, no answer for you. I'm sure someone will be able to help.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

I have just updated 1.5 and now the cursor is a white spot that changes to a blue cross then disappears and it will not operate anything in the cockpit. Help please.

Sounds like you need to make sure you are in full screen. If the view in your monitor is not "stretched" to fill the Monitor screen you need to press left alt and enter. Now your mouse will work.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

What I noticed with my new CV1 is that the picture is only really sharp in the center of the screen. With pixel density 1.5 most labels are well readable if I look directly at them but about halfway between the center and the edge they become increasingly blurry. Is this normal? It leaves quite a negative impression, as I rarely center my head on things I want to look at.

The other thing I noticed is that the fps is suspiciously often exactly 45 fps in heavy scenes. Since this is exactly 50% of the devices refreshing rate, this doesn't seem be a coincidence. Whats the matter about that?

1.) Normal with OR and Vive

2.) That is no coincidence. It is an occulus rift feature called ATW (async time warp). If it cannot sustain 90 FPS it renders 45 FPS and uses one frame for two display refresh cycles.

Similar to vsync technology for 2D screens.

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

1.) Normal with OR and Vive

2.) That is no coincidence. It is an occulus rift feature called ATW (async time warp). If it cannot sustain 90 FPS it renders 45 FPS and uses one frame for two display refresh cycles.

Similar to vsync technology for 2D screens.

Close but no cigar. Oculus ATW doesn't drop the framerate to 45. Vive's Interleaved Reprojection does. ATW duplicates missed frames using the last good frame in an attempt to maintain 90 fps or as close as it can.

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

Just drawing you guys' attention to this:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2833093#post2833093

No-brainer for me.

Release expected September.

Edit:

I'd be interested to know how good the lenses turn out to be too.

I'll let you know - hopefully have mine next week.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Wow wow wow!!!

I have my Rift, and the difference in immersion is stunning.

Got to get back to flying now...

It's something else isn't it? So I have my 1080 now. I have almost everything graphics-wise on max, I have no idea what my FPS is as I never look. But I run PD at 1.6 and everything is smooth as all get out. I finally downloaded Starway's texture pack... VR plus it... I have a whole new love for 1.5 now. Darn it, guess I need to donate to the guy. :)

Very simple little trick Greekbull taught me last night. The Rift cord is relatively heavy and it was annoying me. Take a chip clip and connect the cord to the back of your shirt collar and poof, comfort increased by half.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's something else isn't it? So I have my 1080 now. I have almost everything graphics-wise on max, I have no idea what my FPS is as I never look. But I run PD at 1.6 and everything is smooth as all get out. I finally downloaded Starway's texture pack... VR plus it... I have a whole new love for 1.5 now. Darn it, guess I need to donate to the guy. :)

Very simple little trick Greekbull taught me last night. The Rift cord is relatively heavy and it was annoying me. Take a chip clip and connect the cord to the back of your shirt collar and poof, comfort increased by half.

Where is this texture pack?

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Cheers and thank you! How does this affect frame rates in VR?

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Cheers and thank you! How does this affect frame rates in VR?

I have an ASUS Z87-K, i7-4770K 3.50 GH, 16gb RAM and a ASUS nVidia 1080. Nothing overclocked. All the settings on high except water and one of the shadows and I noticed no stuttering with or without the texture enhancement. Can't tell you framerates as I don't look at them, I just go by how smooth my view is. :)

• Like 1

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have an ASUS Z87-K, i7-4770K 3.50 GH, 16gb RAM and a ASUS nVidia 1080. Nothing overclocked. All the settings on high except water and one of the shadows and I noticed no stuttering with or without the texture enhancement. Can't tell you framerates as I don't look at them, I just go by how smooth my view is. :)

Smoothness in the head tracking is what ATW is responsible for. Can you confirm with the 1080 that you don't get blurring/juddering/ghosting when flying over objects like houses and vehicles? I have 2 980ti's and while I know that VR doesn't support SLI at the moment I get no difference in running maxed out or running less than maxed. The view is pretty much always smooth, but when flying the A10 low and over buildings or objects I often get ghosting on the object while my head tracking feels just fine. Framerates during these occurences are generally down at 45fps, yet smooth. I'm curious how much of an improvement the 1080 is and if I maybe will be upgrading in the coming months to the new ti/titan once released.

So stoked you got yours Neil and are enjoying it!

Every time I put mine on its still amazing after 2 months. I turned it off to make a mission using a monitor and it was horrific to see, really looked like a boring game in comparison to the Rift.

Make sure you try at least 1.5 pixel density, huge huge improvement.

@Sage - yeah Greek mentioned that tip to me I haven't gotten around to it yet, thanks for the reminder.

So cool Neil, my 2nd one arrived today :) looking forward to doing person to person combat with them

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

I'm curious how much of an improvement the 1080 is and if I maybe will be upgrading in the coming months to the new ti/titan once released.

For the most part, the framerate in DCS is is CPU limited. Having more GPU power won't increase frame rate, but you can make your limited frames look really good!

I didn't gain any FPS switching from 970 to 1080, but I can now run some post-processing and a 2.0 pixel density with the same frame rate as before, which was more than worth the cost of the card.

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

ppl getting the Texture Pack... "Starway's Caucausus DLC"..

dont forget to donate if you havent done so already!

and i like to ask all of you, who are using oculus rift,

do you get better performance on 1.5 or 2.0?

i get better fps in 1.5.4 over 2.0

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

So stoked you got yours Neil and are enjoying it!

Every time I put mine on its still amazing after 2 months. I turned it off to make a mission using a monitor and it was horrific to see, really looked like a boring game in comparison to the Rift.

Make sure you try at least 1.5 pixel density, huge huge improvement.

@Sage - yeah Greek mentioned that tip to me I haven't gotten around to it yet, thanks for the reminder.

Yep, I have been using it pretty much exclusively in 1.5.4, and set the pixel density before I had even put it on.

I have to agree, just sitting in a cockpit and gazing at the glorious detail in the cockpits is stunning. I am waiting for some new contact lenses to show up, and have to admit that wearing glasses is a no no for nme, but that aside, it is just 100% right.

It's amazing how easy it is to forget yourself, and just reach for a swith and find yourself groping in fresh air!

Love it, without reservation.

Neil

For me it was a trip back in time putting on the Rift. Got all the same feel to flying that a got as a new PPL, PLUS, don't have to wear glasses! Who knew it was a time machine :megalol:

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2