Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Sounds good - the problem is, I'm worried that if I go straight to DCS, I won't be interested in anything else! :smilewink:

Congrats!!! I have not touched any other sim since my rift arrived 2.5 weeks ago.Nothing can replace this kind of immersion.:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

Diss -find oculus rift option in version 2.00. ...it's there somewhere make sure you have it selected

Oculus Autodetection is Activated ... but it doesnt works. I see in the Rift a short "Wating" Message , then ill be back in Oculus Home and DCS 2.0 start @ my Monitor.

With 1.5 it works. :-(

Hi, does your's ship in the US? Ordered mine two weeks ago to Spain, nothing...

Hi Impalor, mine is shipping to NZ. Have you made sure your payment and shipping details are correct on you oculus account?

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Oculus Autodetection is Activated ... but it doesnt works. I see in the Rift a short "Wating" Message , then ill be back in Oculus Home and DCS 2.0 start @ my Monitor.

With 1.5 it works. :-(

if your running with x2 gpu's try some plugging the rift into a different gpu socket

970 card and default settings in DCS

are you using starways mod or do you have standard ground textures sir

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Could someone with a GTX 1080 running dcs world and oculus rift cv1 please provide some fps ranges and graphics settings being run? I am thinking about getting the 1080 but would like to know the performance that is achieved with VR and DCS World. Additionally what pixel density is being run?

Thanks!

Could someone with a GTX 1080 running dcs world and oculus rift cv1 please provide some fps ranges and graphics settings being run? I am thinking about getting the 1080 but would like to know the performance that is achieved with VR and DCS World. Additionally what pixel density is being run?

Thanks!

i get 45-90 fps.. on some quick missions and multiplayer. when i taxi out of hanger in multi, im getting like 45 up until i take off.. 1.5 pixel desity

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

So I installed Star starways texture pack + 1.5 when flying a mission in the rift my F10 map view showed only a grey screen with the icons visible. On my computer without the rift F10 map was normal. Anyone else have this problem with the F10 in the rift not sure if it's a VR thing or a texture pack thing that's the only mod I had.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

So I installed Star starways texture pack + 1.5 when flying a mission in the rift my F10 map view showed only a grey screen with the icons visible. On my computer without the rift F10 map was normal. Anyone else have this problem with the F10 in the rift not sure if it's a VR thing or a texture pack thing that's the only mod I had.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Already reported. It's a vr issue.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

How do I see the fps? I can check it this weekend.

Right Ctrl and Pause key

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Well after only a few days use, my CV1 has scratches on both lenses... does not appear to be enough room between rx glasses and the CV1 lenses. :(

I get by, well enough, without my glasses (I'm farsighted) that I have been afraid to try with my glasses on for fear of doing exactly that.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hey folks, forgive me if this has been addressed previously. First, loving the new VR features thus far in 1.5.4, really looking forward to them in 2.0!

Head Position

I've tested about 10 modules which are fine, except for the A-10C. The head position in the A-10C seems off, too high above the HUD, and I can't get it right. Anyone else finding the same?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've not found the "sweet spot" for the A10C with VR. It's just off somehow. I can't see how it's like that IRL.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

When you're in the pit, on the ramp, look left and use either Keypad 8 or 2 to adjust where the horizon is. I had that same problem. You might need to set view up/down slow on the settings. Once you get the horizon level, everything is better.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]