Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

I think it's because that's the details for the general module - and the two modules that fit into the L-39 and Mi-8 are VR compatible, but the pop-up ones aren't. So I'm guessing they put that info only on the pop-up detail pages (as it's offered in both bundle deals).

edit - nah, can't be it - that is for the pop-up, isn't it? No idea why it's not on that page, then.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Goodnight to everyone.

I was flying during the night and I realize now that I can see the back (looks like black piece of fabric) the oculus front, I adjusted the gamma almost to 1.2 or 1.3 but I still can see this, really annoying during night flights.

Any ideas?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

Looking for suggestions. Can any of you guys see ground targets through the HUD in VR?

I'm flying in VR with the Oculus. I've read all the threads on model enlargement and resolution and know its an issue being worked on by ED.

I've finally sorted out the spotting with planes but I can't see the ground targets at all (even with labels-which show roughly where target is but can't be used for targeting).

I've dropped PD to 1.0, tried MSAA off and on...nothing helps.

I can barely spot the target out the side of the canopy (clear glass) but as soon as I roll in on my run the target vanishes in the tint of the HUD...there's no contrast at all with the terrain.

Is there a way to turn the HUD tint off? Any suggestions on how you guys remedy and deal with this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

Looking for suggestions. Can any of you guys see ground targets through the HUD in VR?

I'm flying in VR with the Oculus. I've read all the threads on model enlargement and resolution and know its an issue being worked on by ED.

I've finally sorted out the spotting with planes but I can't see the ground targets at all (even with labels-which show roughly where target is but can't be used for targeting).

I've dropped PD to 1.0, tried MSAA off and on...nothing helps.

I can barely spot the target out the side of the canopy (clear glass) but as soon as I roll in on my run the target vanishes in the tint of the HUD...there's no contrast at all with the terrain.

Is there a way to turn the HUD tint off? Any suggestions on how you guys remedy and deal with this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Jason

Ground targets are hard to see in reality. Flying the A-10C I find correct use of the pod and binoculars (VR Zoom) helps a look, just like in reality.

Does anyone here care to elaborate on how good DCS actually looks in VR? I just got a gaming computer about a week ago and I got Oculus Rift and Touch for $350 bucks on Amazon Prime Day last week. I have a PSVR and am super excited to see how this game looks in VR. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and happy hunting!!

• 2 weeks later...
I bought recently an OCULUS RIFT and I will never going to flight in a flat screen ever again, this VR things make a point of no return for me.

It's both a blessing and a curse!! Have to keep settings down for good performance but once you go VR - there's no going back.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, ASUS X570-PLUS, NVidia RTX 2080, 32GB DDR4 @2400MHz, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Corsair H100i cooler, Oculus Rift S.

Does anyone here care to elaborate on how good DCS actually looks in VR? I just got a gaming computer about a week ago and I got Oculus Rift and Touch for $350 bucks on Amazon Prime Day last week. I have a PSVR and am super excited to see how this game looks in VR. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and happy hunting!!

Once you have all the hardware...give it a go!pilotfly.gif

I read someone saying that they could remove the VR cursor (the blue cross) by clicking the mousewheel.

I tried this and it doesn't work - I thought it wasn't possible to remove the blue cursor yet, anyway.

Anyone know anything about this?

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I read someone saying that they could remove the VR cursor (the blue cross) by clicking the mousewheel.

I tried this and it doesn't work - I thought it wasn't possible to remove the blue cursor yet, anyway.

Anyone know anything about this?

I see the cursor when I move my mouse or push any mouse button. If I don't use it at all for a time the BC goes away. Sometimes after a short time, sometimes after a long time, and sometimes not at all.

I mostly use a custom game controller I made. I set the buttons in the UI settings.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, my PC hardware is Intel i7-6700T@2.8GHz, DDR 16G RAM, SSD 512, GTX 1070 8G, Thrustmaster HOTAS, saitek combat rudder.win 10 32

is this can run VR Oculus Rift?

Yes you can

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

So after a long hiatus from flight simming going back to SF1/SF2 and LOMAC days I decided to jump back in on 2.5 running full VR. Man what a difference a decade makes lol Still have some tweaking to do but flying the Hog in VR is a blast!

ASUS TUF GAMING X670E with AMD RYZEN 5 7600X, 64GB DDR4, ASUS TUF GAMING 4080

Pico 4, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Formally Known As: wpnssgt (google it :smilewink: )

Once you go VR you never go back.

+1

Except for ME, thats easier in 2d mode to create missions ;)

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Yeah I got my Rift on Jan 15th 2017 - have not gamed - of any sort - on my monitor since.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

That’s is a hard true.

Not for me it wasn't!

The lack of clarity and decent frame rate has meant that did not use my Rift (for DCS) for very long. That doesn't mean I didn't find it an amazing experience though, even if I didn't find it practical. I'm excited to see what the next generation of headsets can offer.

Not for me it wasn't!

The lack of clarity and decent frame rate has meant that did not use my Rift (for DCS) for very long. That doesn't mean I didn't find it an amazing experience though, even if I didn't find it practical. I'm excited to see what the next generation of headsets can offer.

Don't wear socks at the beach. It's bad.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Not for me it wasn't!

But I have a 1070 with an i7 and 16gb and works perfectly, super sampling 1.4 and almost everything at max.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas