Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 8

gregzagk

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to be on "pink" side! Maybe Orange, Fuschia, or off-white? "Hello-Kitty" paint scheme for Blue side? Perhaps a "safe-space" near Gudauta for Bluefor, where they can escape the inevitable destruction of their F15s by Vikhrs?

Reaper6

NEn7VIu.png

:megalol:

Lord of Salt

I'm not going to be on "pink" side! Maybe Orange, Fuschia, or off-white? "Hello-Kitty" paint scheme for Blue side? Perhaps a "safe-space" near Gudauta for Bluefor, where they can escape the inevitable destruction of their F15s by Vikhrs?

Reaper6

Wait for the almighty rb05 which will bring balance to the force. ;D

Sooon TM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Wait for the almighty rb05 which will bring balance to the force. ;D

Sooon TM.

You're going to try and manually guide a missile to hit me? This should be interesting...

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Is this a joke? Legit, honest question.

Sent while I should be working instead.

It's legit.

This would be a game changer. People will be confused. Huge change :D

Come on, the ones that want to benefit of what the campaign offers, train and have fun, won't stick to something like that.

People were asking for a dynamic pvp campaign. One year ago there was no Blue Flag and now we won't fly cause of colours? :doh: As explained before, Mirage along with the other attackers were available in both sides. We only did NATO vs Russia in round 8.

Even in real world, coalitions & alliances change all the time. Can't we simply enjoy a pvp campaign in a flight simulator that host various concepts from time to time? Feedback & asking for changes/features is good but keep in mind that the number of players is big and everyone would like to do the campaign in a different style.

Greg

Not sure if you get the underlying meaning of my request, but a lot of people treat this not as a game, but more like the Olympics, so they could never root for the other side.

You entertained that absurdity way more than I would have.

Get back to work.

Reaper6

Okay, I was trolling a bit with Pink, but if we did have a Hello-Kitty paint scheme I might be able to get my girl-friend to fly :thumbup:

Side colors are not going to change.

What we might change in one of the future variants of Blue Flag is the airbases from which blue starts and red starts.

I'll believe this when I see it.

Okay, I was trolling a bit with Pink, but if we did have a Hello-Kitty paint scheme I might be able to get my girl-friend to fly :thumbup:

I think if there was a "Hello-Kitty" chopper on Blue, my wife would be all in! :joystick:

Hello_Kitty.png.c6322a54ce1f6eece32424b5a93f326f.png

Reaper6

Edited by Reaper6
  • Like 1

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

You're going to try and manually guide a missile to hit me? This should be interesting...

Reaper6

;) The degree of sobriety is to be defined.

But its smokeless, supersonic, flare proof, you can turn away from the target after launch and it

was considered an effective anti helicopter weapon.

[And 160kg HE warhead should be finally a missile which has enough destructive power to knock out an ka50 100% of the time. :D]

But as said, I am not sure how usable it will be for that role in DCS and while I might not be able to down you, someone will have to take one to the face at some point just for the banter. ;D

The by far more reasonable heli hunting setup for the Viggen is probably going to be

2x Cannonpods 2x maverick [with heavy warhead] and 2x aim9, or if you have GCI giving you coordinates just throw some hammers [bk90] at the coordinates, MJ2 should do the trick as well.

But the RB05 will still have a place in my heart as one of the more banterous weapons to use to hit anything. :)

Its like the 250kg bombs on the shark, it has more style to kill a bunker with 250kg bombs, then just throwing two vikhrs at it. :D

Then there is the intermediate style level, where you go in with s8koms and land mlg pro 10/10 salvos on target. :D

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When the mirage came out, we tested. You can in fact, use an A10c to buddy lase a gbu12 through the front windshield of a ka50. The effect was sufficient to lead me to believe future impacts would result in a 100% kill ratio. ;)

When the mirage came out, we tested. You can in fact, use an A10c to buddy lase a gbu12 through the front windshield of a ka50. The effect was sufficient to lead me to believe future impacts would result in a 100% kill ratio. ;)

I tried with a buddy to laze a tanker, works as well. )))

Maybee we should just put one mirage with gbu12s and an a10c with a tgp on helicopter defense duty in the future and not all theese F15s flying in front of Reaper. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think quality f15 drivers would do more to further this movement. While technically sound and textbook, much of reapers tactics were what I would expect of a ka50. The results of the f15s were where there were shortcomings.

;) The degree of sobriety is to be defined.

But its smokeless, supersonic, flare proof, you can turn away from the target after launch and it

was considered an effective anti helicopter weapon.

[And 160kg HE warhead should be finally a missile which has enough destructive power to knock out an ka50 100% of the time. :D]

But as said, I am not sure how usable it will be for that role in DCS and while I might not be able to down you, someone will have to take one to the face at some point just for the banter. ;D

The by far more reasonable heli hunting setup for the Viggen is probably going to be

2x Cannonpods 2x maverick [with heavy warhead] and 2x aim9, or if you have GCI giving you coordinates just throw some hammers [bk90] at the coordinates, MJ2 should do the trick as well.

But the RB05 will still have a place in my heart as one of the more banterous weapons to use to hit anything. :)

Its like the 250kg bombs on the shark, it has more style to kill a bunker with 250kg bombs, then just throwing two vikhrs at it. :D

Then there is the intermediate style level, where you go in with s8koms and land mlg pro 10/10 salvos on target. :D

Seems like an awful lot of work for one helicopter. Looks like I will have to pay closer attention the sky in the future.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

Was this Shark moving? A10s are easy pickings for me, not sure he would get close enough to pickle that silly little bomb. At least not before I separated him from one of his wings :)

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

I think quality f15 drivers would do more to further this movement. While technically sound and textbook, much of reapers tactics were what I would expect of a ka50. The results of the f15s were where there were shortcomings.

I think I used my Shark more for CAP than actually attacking any ground targets. Especially in this last round, it seemed like I was swarmed by fighters no matter where I went. Sup with that???

Reaper6

• Like 1

"De oppresso liber"

Start with all bases neutral except first spawn base. :)

I actually like that idea!

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

I think I used my Shark more for CAP than actually attacking any ground targets. Especially in this last round, it seemed like I was swarmed by fighters no matter where I went. Sup with that???

Reaper6

Personally, the only time I hunted you, we got you. But, that being said, when you hit the bases, it's that strategic bomber that scares me far more than your ka50.

Personally, the only time I hunted you, we got you. But, that being said, when you hit the bases, it's that strategic bomber that scares me far more than your ka50.

Noted... I will work on that :)

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

Seems like an awful lot of work for one helicopter. Looks like I will have to pay closer attention the sky in the future.

Reaper6

Well, depends who is flying it. :D The average KA50 pilot doesnt get as much attention as you get. Because the average ka50 pilot already gets enough attention by chaparrals. :D

We will see, I am just an ajs 37 fanboy and I expect it to be kind of good at this. I hope its a/g radar will make spotting helis possible, although I doubt it atm, but well we will see.

RB05 should be really just a thing like getting the kill with your gloves and top hat on. :lol:

EDIt: Like this :

04240a8575798c852ad94b0049286e6a.png

:megalol:

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Was this Shark moving? A10s are easy pickings for me, not sure he would get close enough to pickle that silly little bomb. At least not before I separated him from one of his wings :)

Reaper6

A10c 60km away, lazing le target, mirage running it at 600kts GS at 50 000ft, space gbu12 on its way. :D I mean yeah vikhrs are glorious, but they arent able to intercept a 600kts target at 50 000ft at 10nm horizontal range. :D Even SA6s dont bother you in that position. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How about Air2AirRefuel ?

With this guns-/heaters-round it might make sense :D (Also give BLUFOR MIG-29 and RED Su-33)

Either remove the Mig-29 or install the Su-33 to follow the logic :)

How about Air2AirRefuel ? Is it stupid idea or not possible at the moment ?

Have a nice Saturday

yeah, because red needs more missiles and another SFM plane. IMHO the less Arcade planes the better.

I could go for the Air to Air refueling though. Did ED ever fix it?