Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 8

gregzagk

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F-5 and MIG-21 will fill an important roll finally! FC3 boomers will whine most certainly. This will be a very fun run indeed!

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SimpleRadio Standalone (SRS) updated on the server to new release 1.2.0.0 :)

Edit: for now, LOS and Distance are off. Not sure if you guys would want them turned on for the next round? Might be a bit early while people are getting used to comms?

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Changelog of the current mission setup:

- Mirage 2000C moved to Red side. (India joined the war , NATO vs RUSSIA concept remains the same except of the Mirage change.)

- Replaced SA-8 groups with SA-3 SAM sites

- Dogfight missiles only available

- Cluster bombs (CBU-52/ MK-20/ RBK/ CBU-87) available again

- LGB Guided bombs removed

- Replaced the building (Barracks) in the airbases with 6x Armed houses

- Changed time of day (the night mission is replaced with a dusk one for better dogfighting)

- Added fuel trucks to Red FARPs

- Added 2nd Mi-8 to Beslan

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

F-5E Camo Skin

For Round #9, please provide a camo skin for us F-5E drivers. Thx!

Edited by Azazel

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Every round is a different setup... We've even done WW2 which personally was my favourite setup! Apart from the angel of death known as trouble... :)

If this one isn't to your taste, fly in the next one rather than complain :)

It was WW2 with appropriate aircraft. If we did Korea with the F86 and Mig 15, fine. If we did what we could with Vietnam using the Mig21 and F5, great, but this set up using aircraft that we all know have radar guided missiles and will keep their radar, its just, not fun. From what I'm hearing on TS on both sides, not many are happy with this setup. Personally if this is what round 9 is, I will take your advice and sit it out as will many others. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for this other than trying to think of something different to do. Why don't we just limit fuel to 50% and go guns only?

Doing an era is fine, limiting weapons for no other reason than to get people in close, not for me. This is my favorite server, but won't be if this kind of stuff keeps happening. I really hope it doesn't.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

It was WW2 with appropriate aircraft. If we did Korea with the F86 and Mig 15, fine. If we did what we could with Vietnam using the Mig21 and F5, great, but this set up using aircraft that we all know have radar guided missiles and will keep their radar, its just, not fun. From what I'm hearing on TS on both sides, not many are happy with this setup. Personally if this is what round 9 is, I will take your advice and sit it out as will many others. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for this other than trying to think of something different to do. Why don't we just limit fuel to 50% and go guns only?

Doing an era is fine, limiting weapons for no other reason than to get people in close, not for me. This is my favorite server, but won't be if this kind of stuff keeps happening. I really hope it doesn't.

Couldn't you add the P-51 to Korea as well?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Check out the new feature on the map thanks to Crash....! Still Work in progress but awesome none the less.

^^^^THIS^^^^ OUTSTANDING FEATURE!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

:doh:

I will add new players for you and everyone of your others that sit out.

Couldn't you add the P-51 to Korea as well?

Well yes, of course, but just using an example without going into all the specific aircraft that could be used and would be appropriate.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

:doh:

I will add new players for you and everyone of your others that sit out.

Great! I'd like that server to not die or fade away. I'm not saying it will but new players are always welcome. This server has literally ruined me. I get too bored in any other server now. I just don't, personally, like limiting things for no other reason than to limit them. As I said before, going for an era specific setup with correct aircraft, or as correct as we can be, that limits our weapons is awesome. Doing what is going on right now during the test, isn't for me.

I think IR-only setup is a huge buff to reds, so maybe it will be better to leave M2K on blue side. Also, we tried M2K with 4 magics today and they didnt work properly, just like before the last patch - you can fire only 1 missile if you are lucky.

Right now its 20 reds and 2 blues on server.

I tried to join the server but after being connected for awhile my game became unclickable and the keyboard wouldn't respond while in game. I had to force quit the game in windows to get out of it. It happened two times in a row. First time I've seen this. Anyone else experience this?

F-5 and MIG-21 will fill an important roll finally! FC3 boomers will whine most certainly. This will be a very fun run indeed!

Well, not really. The mig 21 will still be at a disadvantage, as much as normal because of the radar.

Yeah lets have old rock in the radioheadset and smoke cigarettes/cigars without filters

Actually I think I will go into hardcore mode and only fly the Mig-21 since only heaters are here I htink it can actually be fun.

Is there any changes to lives-reset ? like more or less time in between ?

You will be at a huge disadvantage still. Having nothing but heaters doesn't really help you when you radar is so bad compared to the modern aircraft. I'm still not understanding this fantasy setup of using modern aircraft with nothing but heat seekers. I was still hoping for a real era setting like Korea or Vietnam.

I'm still not understanding this fantasy setup of using modern aircraft with nothing but heat seekers. I was still hoping for a real era setting like Korea or Vietnam.

Part of the fun of a simulator is producing interesting or goofy scenarios and seeing how it could realistically play out. Bring it on I say!

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greg to be honest as a sever Admin my self this will kill your sever. Red has a stacked deck with this and no one like to go up and get shoot down after waiting to fuel, rearm, and takeoff . I see all the arguments about numbers on side at any time. To give the honest truth with a small community dcs has and how many people live in different countries who play blue flag you are not going to get even number all the time. red is going to have numbers at times and blue is going to get numbers at other times. that when the map moves. I foresee round 9 be the shortest round in blue flag history. What fun will that be? I had the best fun in my life during round 6 and 7 flying sead mission that was my bread and butter. now another round with no sead mission and another round I sit out.

Part of the fun of a simulator is producing interesting or goofy scenarios and seeing how it could realistically play out. Bring it on I say!

Goofy is NOT the reason I like this particular server. 104th or Open Conflict would fit that. This was a nice server that made people work together with realistic weapons/loadouts and aircraft. Now, IMO, it just turned into someone's fantasy idea of a guns only server.

Greg to be honest as a sever Admin my self this will kill your sever. Red has a stacked deck with this and no one like to go up and get shoot down after waiting to fuel, rearm, and takeoff . I see all the arguments about numbers on side at any time. To give the honest truth with a small community dcs has and how many people live in different countries who play blue flag you are not going to get even number all the time. red is going to have numbers at times and blue is going to get numbers at other times. that when the map moves. I foresee round 9 be the shortest round in blue flag history. What fun will that be? I had the best fun in my life during round 6 and 7 flying sead mission that was my bread and butter. now another round with no sead mission and another round I sit out.

That's what I see...it's going from realistic to gaming real fast. The game "call of duty" servers are the ones I stay away from and now it feels like we're falling into that hole.