New GME software

sedenion

- Added support for multiple mods profile per config.

Great addition! Grand merci !

It helps switching from solo to MP in no time. :thumbup:

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Great stuff, this is an excellent tool!

I just started to use OvGME and figguring out its capabilities - so maybe I am overlooking something. But if not, maybe this could be a nice additional feature:

Allow to create a new mod directly from the target directory by comparing it's contents with the last snapshot. All changed files (perhaps [de-]selectable by the user) are then copied into a new mod.

This could ease the mod-making as one would not have to manually copy the files before altering them. You often only notice one after the other file that you have to edit - which makes the process a bit cumbersome (especially when considering the often quite deep directory structure).

Great stuff, this is an excellent tool!

I just started to use OvGME and figguring out its capabilities - so maybe I am overlooking something. But if not, maybe this could be a nice additional feature:

Allow to create a new mod directly from the target directory by comparing it's contents with the last snapshot. All changed files (perhaps [de-]selectable by the user) are then copied into a new mod.

This could ease the mod-making as one would not have to manually copy the files before altering them. You often only notice one after the other file that you have to edit - which makes the process a bit cumbersome (especially when considering the often quite deep directory structure).

funny, i thought about this kind of feature for myself. This is not as easy as it appear, mainly because how Windows API manage this: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb760017(v=vs.85).aspx so to say, a gas factory (Microsoft fashion, but worse than usual).

but i will think about this.

Ok I am new here and new to DCS and I guess I must be doing something wrong as none of the mods that I have downloaded seem to work. I guess I must be doing something wrong.

I think I have set up the config correctly but nothing the mods don't seem to work and nothing appears in the back up folder either.

Any clues? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rig:- NZXT H 440 Razer Special Edition Case - Asus Maximum VIII Formula MB -Intel i7 6700K @4.6Ghz - 64GB Corsair LED DDR4 3000Mhz - Samsung 512 GB M.2 (OS & Games) - 2 x 500GB Samsung 750 EVO SSD (Data) - Win 10 Pro 64bit - 12GB Nvidia Titan-X - 3 x Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 2560 x 1440p Monitors - Razer Black Widow Chroma, Naga Epic Chroma, Orbweaver Chroma - TM Warthog HOTAS + 2 x MFCD's - Saitek Pro Combat Pedals - TrackIR 5 w/ProClip - Sades SA-926 Headset - Obutto R3volution Rig :thumbup:

I think I have set up the config correctly but nothing the mods don't seem to work and nothing appears in the back up folder either.

Any clues? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The most likely cause is that the mod has an incorrect file tree ... examine the mod, if you manually uncompress it, what folder does it create? ... is it the same as one of the folders of the game's tree?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

@Rudel_chw That seems to have been the issue. Think I have it all working now.

Rig:- NZXT H 440 Razer Special Edition Case - Asus Maximum VIII Formula MB -Intel i7 6700K @4.6Ghz - 64GB Corsair LED DDR4 3000Mhz - Samsung 512 GB M.2 (OS & Games) - 2 x 500GB Samsung 750 EVO SSD (Data) - Win 10 Pro 64bit - 12GB Nvidia Titan-X - 3 x Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 2560 x 1440p Monitors - Razer Black Widow Chroma, Naga Epic Chroma, Orbweaver Chroma - TM Warthog HOTAS + 2 x MFCD's - Saitek Pro Combat Pedals - TrackIR 5 w/ProClip - Sades SA-926 Headset - Obutto R3volution Rig :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
I have a question, or possibly a suggestion.

I want to know if it is possible to change the address in "configuration root folder" I swapped drivers and the letter changed. Is there a file for me to edit manually? :joystick:

This is highly not recommanded to edit manually something with OvGME, and you will understand why... The normal procedure is to create a new configuration with the new root folder, then deleting the old one.

If you have some backup (mods installed) while you switched drivers letter, then, you have a problem, so:

I - Identify and backup your old configuration subfolder

1 - Go to OvGME, select the configuration to modify, and copy-paste the root folder path to any text editor

2 - Close OvGME

3 - Go to this website https://www.md5.fr/ and convert this root path into MD5 Hash

4 - Go in the "ProgramData\OvGME" folder of your main Windows partition, you will see a folder named as the MD5 hash you got in the previous stage.

5 - Move this folder to another location for backup (outside the "ProgramData\OvGME" folder), so you can restore it if something goes wrong. (Do not only rename it with some "-old", this will generate bugs, the subfolder must disapear from "ProgramData\OvGME")

II - Create a new configuration structure

1 - Run OvGME and create a new configuration, with the new desired root path and the same folder and backup parameters as the previous one.

2 - Close OvGME

3 - In the "ProgramData\OvGME" you should see a new folder (with a new MD5 hash), this is your new configuration folder

4 - Copy all the content EXCEPT the "game.dat" file from your backup configuration subfolder to the new one.

III - End

You now ca reopen OvGME, you should see your configuration with the new root folder... and theorically, this is done, you can now use the configuration to restore backups etc...

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 1

This is highly not recommanded to edit manually something with OvGME, and you will understand why... The normal procedure is to create a new configuration with the new root folder, then deleting the old one.

If you have some backup (mods installed) while you switched drivers letter, then, you have a problem, so:

I - Identify and backup your old configuration subfolder

1 - Go to OvGME, select the configuration to modify, and copy-paste the root folder path to any text editor

2 - Close OvGME

3 - Go to this website https://www.md5.fr/ and convert this root path into MD5 Hash

4 - Go in the "ProgramData\OvGME" folder of your main Windows partition, you will see a folder named as the MD5 hash you got in the previous stage.

5 - Move this folder to another location for backup (outside the "ProgramData\OvGME" folder), so you can restore it if something goes wrong. (Do not only rename it with some "-old", this will generate bugs, the subfolder must disapear from "ProgramData\OvGME")

II - Create a new configuration structure

1 - Run OvGME and create a new configuration, with the new desired root path and the same folder and backup parameters as the previous one.

2 - Close OvGME

3 - In the "ProgramData\OvGME" you should see a new folder (with a new MD5 hash), this is your new configuration folder

4 - Copy all the content EXCEPT the "game.dat" file from your backup configuration subfolder to the new one.

III - End

You now ca reopen OvGME, you should see your configuration with the new root folder... and theorically, this is done, you can now use the configuration to restore backups etc...

Thank you sooooo much!!! :D It worked!

I had to do this because I wanted to avoid the reinstall dance for Prepar3D, since my DCS and other games are on Steam, this means I don't have to reinstall them manually. So, instead, I moved Prepar3D to the new HD, and moved the driver letter too.

Just got a new computer and when I was preparing to reinstall JSGME I stumbled onto OvGME. It looks as though if one is not using JSGME then all is well when installing Mods with OvGME.

I was using "_Mods" as a location for my mods. Does this work in OvGME as well?

Sounds stupid I know but when it comes to downloading and installing I can screw anything up. Thanks.

It is always best to not fly too fast or fly too slow. So I fly half fast. :D

I was using "_Mods" as a location for my mods. Does this work in OvGME as well?

On JSGME it was usual to store the Mods within the game's folder, but DCS already has a folder called "mods", so people resorted to use "_mods" to store the Mods in order to avoid a name conflict.

With OvGME you are free to store the Mods wherever you want, you could even have them on another drive, for example D:\My_DCS_Mods

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

With OvGME you are free to store the Mods wherever you want, you could even have them on another drive, for example D:\My_DCS_Mods

If that were the only difference between OvGME and JSGME, it would still be worth switching. :thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If that were the only difference between OvGME and JSGME, it would still be worth switching.

the other advantage is one

install for multi versions of DCS :)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps I missed it but I don't see a way to use OVGME to remove a file from a game.

JSGME can do it by including an empty text file with '-remove' added to the filename and placed in the correct folder tree location (i.e. filename.ext-remove)

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Perhaps I missed it but I don't see a way to use OVGME to remove a file from a game.

JSGME can do it by including an empty text file with '-remove' added to the filename and placed in the correct folder tree location (i.e. filename.ext-remove)

Indeed, this is not implemented... i doubt i will implement it, is it realy useful in praticity, in what scenario do you use this feature ?

Indeed, this is not implemented... i doubt i will implement it, is it realy useful in praticity, in what scenario do you use this feature ?

Thanks for the reply.

Thus far I have only used the feature once, and it is a rather lame reason.

When I was trying to learn to fly the Huey, I had a lot of problems with PIO (Pilot Induced Ocillation) and I switched to flying in Game Flight Mode. This provides a bit more damping of the controls and allowed me to get a better grip on controlling it. However, that mode also causes a rather large 'Lifebar' to be displayed in the middle of the bottom half of the screen. I used that option to remove the file that was creating the Lifebar.

Obviously, this is not a big issue but it was handy at the time.

Btw, in case anyone is interested, I whipped up a PDF version of your online help document (for offline access). It includes everything but the last section (OvGME and JSGME), which I left out since I considered it common sense.

OVGME Manual.pdf

Btw, in case anyone is interested, I whipped up a PDF version of your online help document (for offline access). It includes everything but the last section (OvGME and JSGME), which I left out since I considered it common sense.

The online documentation is the copy of the available one directly through the software in the menu Help :)

• Like 1

The online documentation is the copy of the available one directly through the software in the menu Help :)

Cool. I had not clicked the Help button.

surprised this hasn't been stickied yet? like jsgme has been forever

and maybe edit the tiltle so more folks know its a mod tool, with current & continual support ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5