Bigger aircraft

seanlister1

Okay I know some may think this thread is unnecessary, yes fighters are great but I can't deny the urge to pilot a refuelling craft in multiplayer, I feel as if it'd be a welcome addition to the game as the only way you can fly for example the IL-78M is via a mod in single player and that model really is not up to scratch. I am certain that others will agree it'd be great if players could pilot tanker and awacs aircraft in multiplayer not just bigger planes but also bigger helicopters such as the Mi-28. It's probably a long shot but it's certainly a good one!

Dunno on the big tankers or awacs. Don't see much fun in flying a circuit/racetrack for 4+ hours at a time and doing nothing else.

Bigger planes (than fighters) like the C-47 (and AC-47) could be interesting, along with things like the C-130 Hercules, could be good though, as they've been used in combat zones and do extra fun stuff like drop supplies or paratroopers off.

I think a fitting large, non-weaponized module would be the V-22. (You know, the big fat tilt rotor thing?)

Pros: Capable of flying very fast while still getting cargo in and out of very small areas. It would be a special challenge to fly and master. The thing is built like an A-10 so you dont have to worry about taking a few hits. Also, as far as I know, nobody has made any high fidelity simulation of it. Which leads to my next point...

Cons: it might be classified as all hell, which may be the reason we haven't seen any high fidelity simulations of it.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

+1 on big planes.Although we first need ED to expand it's maps first so I can fly long distances with aircraft like a C-5 Galaxy or Bombers.

Unfortunately I don't think we should get our hopes up that ED will make maps that sacrifice fidelity (what little we have) on making the maps larger.

For players that want larger maps, the only hope will probably be some 3rd party dev. Once 2.5 is up and running that will be a possibility. And even then, if we do get a larger map, it will probably be a map with mainly sea. (less detail is needed :P )

To conclude:

The most plausible possibility for DCS to get a larger and slower plane, as I see it, would be either one that has some offensive/tactical capability, or if it is slow enough to work on the existing map size.

I am once had the same proposal but my topic closed for unknown reasons. Some said at the time, they wouldn't prefer to fly for hours in AWACS or in KC-135 or in IL-78M waiting for someone to refuel, and make them to be bored. As far as the bombers, they had already been more support.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

That whole forums section was closed, not only your thread (I think it was open before, not 100% though). They made that split to clean the forums of old stuff from previous versions.

EDIT @ topic:

I can imagine some of them could be fun. But I honestly think most people would disagree. The map sizes don't allow for realistic gameplay, and many of the big ones are non-combat planes that aren'T conisdered that much fun in DCSW. An AC-130 _could_ be fun, but I am not even sure. Firing at targets you often don't see, in the middle of the night, flying circles for hours. Doesn't sound too exciting for me.

Edited by Aginor