VSN flyable aircraft mods

3 часа назад, Showtime112 сказал:

Does anybody know how to add R.530 to VSN's Mirage III? With most other weapons, you can find that coded line in the lua file of a model which uses that weapon and then you copy/paste it to the other airplane's lua. But R.530 doesn't seem to have that code, I've looked in Mirage F1's lua and it's not there (unlike many other weapons used by that module).

Thanks!

I modded this. But i mainly use it as AI. (Kinda KFIR).

VSN_MirageIIIS.lua

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, MEBF109 said:

Good day,

Try here it is a fantastic resource for codes look for line 951 and 952, radar and ir.

https://github.com/pydcs/dcs/blob/master/dcs/weapons_data.py

Thanks for the reply. This is a great list but unfortunately, it didn't help. Usually, weapons have a code something like:

"{0DA03783-61E4-40B2-8FAE-6AEE0A5C5AAE}"

That's MICA IR and all you have to do is to paste it under local inboard for example and it becomes available to carry on that hardpoint.

R.530 doesn't have that but simply "{R530F_IR}" (for the IR version). If you try to paste that under the other weapons' codes for a hardpoint, not only that it doesn't work but, Mirage III disappears from the list of available aircraft in the mission editor.

There's gotta be something else that needs to be done but my modding skills are extremely basic 🙂

19 minutes ago, UN9249 said:

I modded this. But i mainly use it as AI. (Kinda KFIR).

VSN_MirageIIIS.lua 27.53 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks but R.530 doesn't seem to be available there.

21 hours ago, Showtime112 said:

Does anybody know how to add R.530 to VSN's Mirage III? With most other weapons, you can find that coded line in the lua file of a model which uses that weapon and then you copy/paste it to the other airplane's lua. But R.530 doesn't seem to have that code, I've looked in Mirage F1's lua and it's not there (unlike many other weapons used by that module).

Thanks!

17 hours ago, Showtime112 said:

Thanks for the reply. This is a great list but unfortunately, it didn't help. Usually, weapons have a code something like:

"{0DA03783-61E4-40B2-8FAE-6AEE0A5C5AAE}"

That's MICA IR and all you have to do is to paste it under local inboard for example and it becomes available to carry on that hardpoint.

R.530 doesn't have that but simply "{R530F_IR}" (for the IR version). If you try to paste that under the other weapons' codes for a hardpoint, not only that it doesn't work but, Mirage III disappears from the list of available aircraft in the mission editor.

There's gotta be something else that needs to be done but my modding skills are extremely basic 🙂

Thanks but R.530 doesn't seem to be available there.

Good day again,

With all due respect sir I just tested again and is working for me so I really don't know what's happening to yours this is the lua i am using.

null

image.png

VSN_MirageIIIC.lua

On 9/20/2023 at 10:09 AM, MEBF109 said:

Good day again,

With all due respect sir I just tested again and is working for me so I really don't know what's happening to yours this is the lua i am using.

null

image.png

VSN_MirageIIIC.lua 27.96 kB · 2 downloads

Your lua works, thank you very much! Now, I'm still puzzled about the difference between your file and what I did. Must be some stupid comma missing somewhere 😁

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I tried that M3C lua and the fuel tanks didn't show up.   DCS I guess is the reason.

EDIT - I added your missile and FT entries to my LUA and it works.    Could MEBF109 add pics of your fuel tanks on the jet?   It appears that your tanks might be more detailed than what I have (no details - slicks for me).

Edited by Saguanay
Added

Hi All,

i downloaded the F-104 VSN Mod some month ago and then saw that FC3 Mod is needed.

I bought the FC Mods Mig-29 and F-15C as single Mods from DCS Shop and got the Russian Carrier Based  Fighter which came with the Supercarrier Module.

Do i still need FC3 to be able to use the VSN F-104 ?

Normally i dont want to buy FC3 on top, because all there iincluded, and i am interested on, i allready own.

Hals- und Beinbruch

Andi

1 hour ago, JG11Preusse said:

Do i still need FC3 to be able to use the VSN F-104 ?

The F-104 Discord FAQ says:

"4. Is it a stand-alone mod, or is FC3 needed?

FC3 (F15C) are/is needed. The “S” and the “G” versions use F15C avionics, the “S-AG” version uses Su25T avionics. We are not sure if it is enough to have either the Su25T (which you have anyway) or/and the F15C to use the mod, but we would think that that should be enough. If you have tested it, please let us know the result. Reports have been coming in that F15c is enough and that there is no need for The full FC3 package..."

so, you should be OK with just the F-15C 👍

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Rudel_chw:

The F-104 Discord FAQ says:

"4. Is it a stand-alone mod, or is FC3 needed?

FC3 (F15C) are/is needed. The “S” and the “G” versions use F15C avionics, the “S-AG” version uses Su25T avionics. We are not sure if it is enough to have either the Su25T (which you have anyway) or/and the F15C to use the mod, but we would think that that should be enough. If you have tested it, please let us know the result. Reports have been coming in that F15c is enough and that there is no need for The full FC3 package..."

so, you should be OK with just the F-15C 👍

Works  🙂 ... did not found out how to enable HUD, but rest at the moment works

Btw .. what is the differce between F-104G, F-104G_AG and NF104A ?

Edited by JG11Preusse
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, JG11Preusse said:

May i ask, if VSN has a Discord Server and how to join it ? I have a few questions, maybe i get help there, if it exists

Here you go: https://discord.gg/fq4h8EC4

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

6 minutes ago, JG11Preusse said:

do you also know how to show aiming marks for gun /AA missiles and AG Weps ?

No, sorry, I flew the 104 a long time ago and now don’t remember it much … I used this mod mostly as AI on some of my MiG-21 missions. However, I do look forward to the 104 that Aerges is developing 🙂 

• Like 2

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Rudel_chw:

No, sorry, I flew the 104 a long time ago and now don’t remember it much … I used this mod mostly as AI on some of my MiG-21 missions. However, I do look forward to the 104 that Aerges is developing 🙂 

Thx for your answer, i am really wondering at the moment that noone have an idea, how to solve my problem 🙂 I saw some YT videos made by Grimpreapers, where i can see what i want to see (HUD), but noone has an idea how to activate it. I asked here,in the ED Forum, i asked at Grimreapers Discord Channel and even at the VSN Discord channel, but noone can tell me how it can or should work, Strange , isnt it ?

On 5/2/2021 at 3:31 PM, seabat said:

DCS F105 (1).pngDCS F105 (2).png

To the VSN crew,  the Thud is just a lot of fun.

Thanks!

Nice looking screenshot of the F-105Ds in formation. BTW The F-105D "Memphis Belle II" currently tanking with the KC-135 was flown by my father Maj. Buddy F. Jones USAF retired.Good to see "The Belle" in action, Thanks!!

Gary "garyghostrider" Jones

• Like 1

Would there be any possibility of adding the Magic I to the Mirage III?

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 6:49 PM, JG11Preusse said:

Thx for your answer, i am really wondering at the moment that noone have an idea, how to solve my problem 🙂 I saw some YT videos made by Grimpreapers, where i can see what i want to see (HUD), but noone has an idea how to activate it. I asked here,in the ED Forum, i asked at Grimreapers Discord Channel and even at the VSN Discord channel, but noone can tell me how it can or should work, Strange , isnt it ?

JG11

By chance have you tried to adjust your seat height?  The A4C, F-4b, F-105 sometime needs a seat height adjustment to see the complete HUD picture.  Just a thought as you have seen videos with the HUD info visible.  Not sure what the key commands are but it should be in the key bind menu most likely under views.

seabat

• 4 weeks later...