[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Hello everyone,

I'm currently trying out the Basskicker configuration in SSA with the Sound Module.

I have a basic question about this. If one parameter has a value and a second one has a lower one, does the second action get completely lost in the first one or do the effects cumulate?

For example, if I set Engine Rumble to 30 and Flaps Movement to 25, will there be any noticeable reaction in the simulation when the flaps move or will the Engine Rumble effect absorb the Flaps Movement effect?

Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX - AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8x 4.20GHz - Kingston FURY Beast DDR5 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s DDR5 CL36 - 24GB Palit GeForce RTX 4090 GameRock - Noctua NH D15 Luftkühlung - Quest 2

1 hour ago, Jive_68 said:

Hello everyone,

I'm currently trying out the Basskicker configuration in SSA with the Sound Module.

I have a basic question about this. If one parameter has a value and a second one has a lower one, does the second action get completely lost in the first one or do the effects cumulate?

For example, if I set Engine Rumble to 30 and Flaps Movement to 25, will there be any noticeable reaction in the simulation when the flaps move or will the Engine Rumble effect absorb the Flaps Movement effect?

They do add up, or can be felt separately, depends on the frequency. In case of engine rumble and flaps, both can be felt though the Buttkicker. 

Edited by Mik75

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

Thank you for the clarification.

Is there a list of frequencies and to which parameter they belong?

Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX - AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8x 4.20GHz - Kingston FURY Beast DDR5 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s DDR5 CL36 - 24GB Palit GeForce RTX 4090 GameRock - Noctua NH D15 Luftkühlung - Quest 2

4 hours ago, Jive_68 said:

Thank you for the clarification.

Is there a list of frequencies and to which parameter they belong?

Find the folder because they got an easy to figure out name for each file. 

Open then with audacity for instance could provide further info for freqs

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | Buttkicker | SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle - Phantom

On 5/5/2023 at 11:09 PM, Dos said:

Hello,

My export has the three simshaker files together

It may help to reorder it, another thing you can try is remove everything from the export.lua but the simshaker entries run DCS and check to see if it fixes the problem if it does it was the export.lua since conflicting in some mysterious way, but at least you know it works and may just need to re-arrange thing in the export. Hope it helps.

Dos

Thanks Dos,

I tried backing up my existing Export file, and used the lines from yours corresponding to simshaker, unfortunately this still hasn't worked for me, following that I tried another repair of the export file from Simshaker, and it still doesn't work.  I've also previously tried deleting the export file altogether and having the sim regenerate it - but still no dice! still seeking a solution.. so strange I've never had issues with simshaker (well I guess it is technically looking more like a DCS issue) until now, but i'm sure missing it in sim!

cheers, and thanks for trying to help

Hello everyone, I’ve had some problems lately but don’t know exactly the causes.

Lately it seems all my SSA effects are way stronger than ever before. On setting of 2 things like air brake are very strong. 

Also, G effect is binary, it triggers at the selected threshold, and is as strong as I select, but doesn’t change once the threshold is exceeded. It is also very strong at minimum setting, more than I am comfortable with. 

I have tried deleting SSA, loading new version, repairing DCS. My previous version kept trying to update unsuccessfully. I don’t know if I have a messed up export file or something or things have just changed in newer versions 

Thank you for any help 

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Flying MiG-21, even having speed brake shudders and afterburner on setting 2-3 (the minimum I can have them for them to trigger the motors) is extreme levels of shaking. It is extreme. Is it something with the files or my set up? Is there a way I can edit this???

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I just got a sim shaker this week and Im trying to get DCS set up for this. Without any time to sit and look up 197 pages of what-ifs, is there something here that can help me get up to speed with DCS and this jet pad working? Ive no idea where to even start!

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+/ AH64D grip/custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 + Odyssey Ark | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro
 My wallpaper and skins

2 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

I just got a sim shaker this week and Im trying to get DCS set up for this. Without any time to sit and look up 197 pages of what-ifs, is there something here that can help me get up to speed with DCS and this jet pad working? Ive no idea where to even start!

You need to install the free software simshaker for aviators. 

Run the software and select usb mode.start dcs and go fly with a module, so simshaker takes notice of that module. 

Back to simshaker, from the scroll down menu choose the module you want to test. Fine tuning your effect according to your likings

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | Buttkicker | SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle - Phantom

I have Sim Shaker for Aviators installed and running, doesnt seem to see DCS running at all. The other options you mention Ill double check later, Ill report back.

10 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

I just got a sim shaker this week and Im trying to get DCS set up for this. Without any time to sit and look up 197 pages of what-ifs, is there something here that can help me get up to speed with DCS and this jet pad working?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+/ AH64D grip/custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 + Odyssey Ark | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro
 My wallpaper and skins

2 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

I have Sim Shaker for Aviators installed and running, doesnt seem to see DCS running at all. The other options you mention Ill double check later, Ill report back.

Even with the export.lua part? 

4 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Even with the export.lua part? 

Didnt know anything about an export.lua, theres really nothing to go on except spending all day researching this thead online for DCS...

also another question: in order to use the jetpad in DCS, do I have to buy the software for this as well? I thought that software was unnecessary unless you were using something like a buttkicker in addition to the jet pad, all Im using is the jet pad.

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins

OK so an update: spent most of the afternoon experimenting and finally got it up and working.

My wallpaper and skins

22 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

Didnt know anything about an export.lua, theres really nothing to go on except spending all day researching this thead online for DCS...

also another question: in order to use the jetpad in DCS, do I have to buy the software for this as well? I thought that software was unnecessary unless you were using something like a buttkicker in addition to the jet pad, all Im using is the jet pad.

That's right, you don't need anything besides free simshaker for aviators 

13 hours ago, =Andre= said:

What was the biggest problem?

Honestly? Lack of instructions. Had to do a lot of online digging just to navigate to here, and had I not done that I wouldnt have found the export.lua. Had no idea how to bring up any menus either, feel kinda lucky I have 2 monitors active most of the time because I wouldnt have found it. Spent most of the day yesterday testing a few things and I finally got it working.

My wallpaper and skins

Hello everyone,

I use a DIY Buttkicker so far.
As I understand it, the use of a Buttkicker together with a Haptic JetSeat is unproblematic.

How do I have to imagine this?
How do I configure both systems in SSA so that they do not interfere or cancel each other out?

6 hours ago, Jive_68 said:

Hello everyone,

I use a DIY Buttkicker so far.
As I understand it, the use of a Buttkicker together with a Haptic JetSeat is unproblematic.

How do I have to imagine this?
How do I configure both systems in SSA so that they do not interfere or cancel each other out?

As far as I know you need to pay for simshaker sound module and different audio source for the Buttkicker. 

Simshaker for aviators had the option to combine outputs, so once both software start, you will use aviators for effect tuning, with two columns instead of just one, one for the seat and other for Buttkicker. 

It's much easier than it sounds

• Like 1

vor 36 Minuten schrieb Ala12Rv-Tundra:

As far as I know you need to pay for simshaker sound module and different audio source for the Buttkicker. 

Simshaker for aviators had the option to combine outputs, so once both software start, you will use aviators for effect tuning, with two columns instead of just one, one for the seat and other for Buttkicker. 

It's much easier than it sounds

I have already purchased the Sound Module for the use of the Bassshaker. All effects run today therefore via SSA + Sound Module on the Bassshaker.

If I understand you correctly, some effects then end up later via the software on the bass shaker and others on the seat, or does a seat configuration have additional effects that are not available with the bass shaker alone?

Does then the bass shaker under the seat, as I operate it now, still make sense, or should I move it then, for example, under the pedals?

18 hours ago, Jive_68 said:

I have already purchased the Sound Module for the use of the Bassshaker. All effects run today therefore via SSA + Sound Module on the Bassshaker.

If I understand you correctly, some effects then end up later via the software on the bass shaker and others on the seat, or does a seat configuration have additional effects that are not available with the bass shaker alone?

Does then the bass shaker under the seat, as I operate it now, still make sense, or should I move it then, for example, under the pedals?

With the two softwares installed, two independet columns will show instead of just one. "strentgh Jetseat" and "strentgh Sound". Allowing you to assign the strength indidvidually. No need to assign effects on the sound module, use that software just to point to the proper audio output which feeds the buttkicker.

Yes both systems make sense together, because they complement each other. With the kicker under the seat, it will add a new dimension for effects like cannon, chaff, ground bumps, ground roll, landing gear, payload, and especially for things like afterburner or touchdown.
Now you can study adding more shakers for pedal area, I had two there and it´s a nice feeling too, but you need to install them carefully, maybe wired paralel or serial, or using the audio output stereo or surround option.
Enjoy

simshaker.jpg

I figured out my issue with simshaker not getting any input from dcs. It was my VPN.  I don't fully understand why that's happening as I've used a VPN and dcs w/ simshaker for years with windows 10. So maybe something different in windows 11 or something changed with the VPN when reinstalled.  But I can be playing the game with the dcs debug screen from simshaker open, and as I toggle the VPN off or on, the data (and rumble) coincides with the VPNs state. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oakdown said:

I figured out my issue with simshaker not getting any input from dcs. It was my VPN.  I don't fully understand why that's happening as I've used a VPN and dcs w/ simshaker for years with windows 10. So maybe something different in windows 11 or something changed with the VPN when reinstalled.  But I can be playing the game with the dcs debug screen from simshaker open, and as I toggle the VPN off or on, the data (and rumble) coincides with the VPNs state. 

even I know thats strange....

• Like 1

My wallpaper and skins

Sounds very strange, but that would suggest an internal routing problem on your computer.
Any other apps that uses the export.lua you can test for similar issues. (VAICOM/TacView etc.)

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

so - unsure if this is the right thread - but as of my last post ( Windows 10, HH8 pad and Simshaker Sound and Aviator software) when everything was working like a dream - I've updated to windows 11 and...now my software doesnt identify/ cant find the pad being connected anymore. 
Is there anything that I can do ? 
Has this happened to anyone else? 

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10