[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

I just published a few betas the last days. Especially, today's update reworked all piston engine effects in DCS. Since testing everything is very time consuming, any feedback is appreciated!

Good Morning f410

I have doubts about how I should modify the uwv files so that they are more realistic in the A 10 C module that I usually fly.

It would be possible for someone to give me help on this matter, for example uwv files or modified lua script.

On the other hand, simshaker aviator uses the uwv files that are in the Base folder or in the Race? Subfolder.

Thanks in advance to you if can help me.

regards

Name the Plug

Andre/f410,

I had to unplug several things, recently. All but this one have been re-plugged in. I suspect it is for the seat, because the seat shows up as not connected. But, I can't see a place in which to plug it. Where does this go?

20200229_205337.thumb.jpg.8051470c5fd676c5638f2f84f7408088.jpg

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Good Morning f410

I have doubts about how I should modify the uwv files so that they are more realistic in the A 10 C module that I usually fly.

It would be possible for someone to give me help on this matter, for example uwv files or modified lua script.

On the other hand, simshaker aviator uses the uwv files that are in the Base folder or in the Race? Subfolder.

Thanks in advance to you if can help me.

regards

SSA comes with an (older) manual which explains in principal how to modify the files...

Andre/f410,

I had to unplug several things, recently. All but this one have been re-plugged in. I suspect it is for the seat, because the seat shows up as not connected. But, I can't see a place in which to plug it. Where does this go?

The seat should have a separate cable jack for this plug

SIMSHAKER SOUND MODULE

RUB 1 700.00

- Buy once, upgrade the software for a lifetime, right?

- If I have to re-install Windows, will I have to buy software again?

Wrong thread, here is the SM thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144060

SSA comes with an (older) manual which explains in principal how to modify the files...

Thank you for your answer, but really my problem is not to understand the manual but the fact that someone could provide me with the base of already modified uwv files and the associated script to have more realistic effects for my plane A 10 C warthog. If nobody I would have already modified, it will be me who tries to adapt the effects to my liking. It is about saving me the work of modifying the files.

Thanks in any case and regards

I think the software needs an option to select the DCS install in Users/X/Saved Games/ which is used for flying actively.

My software didn't give out proper feedback when I had a DCS Dedicated Open Beta Server install running while I myself was trying to fly on this server with my normal DCS install. Once I turned off the dedicated server and hosted the mission solely in my "real" client it worked. It basically just gave out a massage to you as if you had every setting set to the same value, e.g. all 50 or so. So this is exactly like having no feedback but a massage pad which you sit on below you ...

I'm almost entirely sure it has to do with the fact the software detects two running DCS instances and is confused. Needs to be forced to use only the instance which is used for flying or you can't use it as intended. I have not found this option to select and force it to use only a certain install, it detects both automatically.

Edited by Der Hirte

The seat should have a separate cable jack for this plug

I know. But, I can't find it. give me a hint as to where it is. I don't see any empty jack. Is it under the seat someplace? I've looked everywhere but there.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Hmm i tested the piston engine effects in P-51 and FW-190. In both planes the effects are quite the same. It´s like a bumb with a repeat time from 2hz to 10hz and some small amplitude changes...doas not feel realistic...should it not be 500 to 8000 bumbs per second?

But maybe i do something wrong. I only have one buttkicker, no mate.

Hi hoping someone can help me out here as I want to get my ButtKicker working in DCS, its working really as good in IL2 after buying some software from Andre's Shop.

Currently I have the following purchased and installed

Simshaker Wings

SimShaker Wings Option for Bass Shakers

What else do I need, I saw a program called SimShaker for Aviators which I have downloaded and installed but it does not allow me to tick the Sound option for( Buttkicker and Similar device) on the service tab, and wont allow me to pick a sound card.

Any help would be great

Cheers

Hi hoping someone can help me out here as I want to get my ButtKicker working in DCS, its working really as good in IL2 after buying some software from Andre's Shop.

Currently I have the following purchased and installed

Simshaker Wings

SimShaker Wings Option for Bass Shakers

What else do I need, I saw a program called SimShaker for Aviators which I have downloaded and installed but it does not allow me to tick the Sound option for( Buttkicker and Similar device) on the service tab, and wont allow me to pick a sound card.

Any help would be great

Cheers

You also need the SimShaker Sound Module:

https://andres.shop/software/20-simshaker-for-dcsw-sound-module-key.html

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Hmm i tested the piston engine effects in P-51 and FW-190. In both planes the effects are quite the same. It´s like a bumb with a repeat time from 2hz to 10hz and some small amplitude changes...doas not feel realistic...should it not be 500 to 8000 bumbs per second?

But maybe i do something wrong. I only have one buttkicker, no mate.

I'm using the RPM to calculate the pumps. In the recent beta versions I tweaked the effect.

In the older SSA versions only a simple short bump was played...

Hi, I am new to the SimShaker. Using it with ButtKicker and SimShaker Sound module.

I am trying to tune effects but it does not always seem to respond to my change.

When the changes in the setting take effect? e.g. I tried to disable guns, but even if I restarted DCS and SimShaker, firing guns still produce vibration effect?

Please let me know how is the right procedure to tune and/or disabling particular effects.

1848352417_Gunsdisabledbutworks.thumb.jpg.20912f1190ac7060fecf6af635ed98b5.jpg

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Hi, I am new to the SimShaker. Using it with ButtKicker and SimShaker Sound module.

I am trying to tune effects but it does not always seem to respond to my change.

When the changes in the setting take effect? e.g. I tried to disable guns, but even if I restarted DCS and SimShaker, firing guns still produce vibration effect?

Please let me know how is the right procedure to tune and/or disabling particular effects.

Should work... I'll have a look...

Update: Tested it with the current stable version and with my dev branch. Both works as expected. Anyone else have the same issue?

Edited by f4l0

Thx f410 for the answer.

I use only Open-Beta DCS (2.5.6.), maybe there is the problem...

Please, would you help me and explain to me these questions?

1) If I change Volume in the SimShaker Sound Module (SSSM) I can successfully test it with Play button. But this volume setting seems to have no impact to performance (i.e. volume) of SimShaker for Aviators (SSA). If I click to the button Test Vibe-Motors it has always the same volume regardless of what volume I set in SSSM. The volume of aircraft effects is unchanged too. See attachment.

Is there any way how set the master volume for SimShaker to use it as a base value for my aircraft specific settings? My idea is to set Buttkicker volume to max, set some master volume value in your SW and then tune volumes for individual Effect Setting for the Aircraft. That should ensure the same effect every time I start sim and spare my time to adjust the volume every time I play the sim...

2) With DCS running (flying an aircraft) I tried to close SSA but the effects were still ON??? How works relation between SSSM, SSA and DCS?

3) Is it possible to tune effects while flying sim? i.e. ALT + TAB to switch between DCS and SSA. Change particular effect value in SSA, switch back to DCA and a should new value work?

4) SimShaker causes a considerable delay for VIACOM module for Voice Attack. I say command and it last 60-120s before the command is performed...

SSSM-SSA_volume.thumb.jpg.05945f107613705be80f0f51ce898d37.jpg

Edited by tapi

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

OK, more testing was done:

Open Beta 2.5.6 and Stable version 2.5.5 has different volume default value because the same setting of SimShaker, produce much louder (higher) vibration effects in Open.Beta (any idea why?).

Unchecking the checkbox for a particular effect has no impact - effect still works. But if I set the value of the effect to 0 then the effect stops.

add 1) Still not sure, but seems to me that SSSM volume setting has impact to base volume level of SSA effects. But please confirm this.

add 3) While flying I can adjust effects via ALT + TAB switching between SSA and DCS

Edited by tapi

>> 1) Still not sure, but seems to me that SSSM volume setting has impact to base volume level of SSA effects. But please confirm this.

No, SimShaker Sound Module volume slider has impact only if you play samples with SimShaker Sound Module test button.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, thanks for the answer =Andre=.

So there is no control to adjust base volume neither in SSSM nor in SSA.

But I think I found out a solution: I can set base volume in the VoiceMEETER slider for Physical Output of the channel I reserved for SimShaker sound.

VOICEMEMETER_SSvolume.thumb.jpg.55fdce6a24fc79fa9e9ea17c72491c35.jpg

1672334611_Sounddevices.jpg.0fb2786f9b3c2c9690966f70e81980e5.jpg

Edited by tapi

3) Is it possible to tune effects while flying sim? i.e. ALT + TAB to switch between DCS and SSA. Change particular effect value in SSA, switch back to DCA and a should new value work?

4) SimShaker causes a considerable delay for VIACOM module for Voice Attack. I say command and it last 60-120s before the command is performed...

3) yes

4) I don't use VAICOM. Anyone else here having the same issue?

3) yes

4) I don't use VAICOM. Anyone else here having the same issue?

Yes I have such issues with SSA and VAICOM as well. It is intermittent and hard to pin down. I assume it is a net resource conflict that comes up under certain circumstances....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5