[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

My understanding is that SSA works with the jet seat and if you want to use bass shakers you also need the sound module add on for SSA from Andre’s store. Simshaker Wings is for other products than DCS.

Yes,

my SSA works with DCS, XP11 and the MSFS-series. The SoundModule is a payware addon from Andre. In addition you need a second sound card. A cheap $5 USB card is sufficient...

Study Lua programming language and make your own version of DCS export.lua script for the mods.

:smartass::pilotfly:

hey!

my buddy also has simshaker..

but he skipped the update by accident..

how can he force an update to simshaker?

Usually SSA checks for a new version at every start... so maybe a restart might help...

:smartass::pilotfly:

Usually SSA checks for a new version at every start... so maybe a restart might help...

he had a message to update, but was impatient and ignored it or cancelled.. (he is new to simshaker, and didnt realize that simshaker has periodic updates)

his impatientness is making me nuts :mad::mad::mad:

i tried to help him update simshaker

i told him to close the simshaker from the tray.

he also has restarted.

i have warned him about antivirus.

he has confrims that the connection "verifying requirements" dialog that pops up for a second, does occur.. but it doesnt want to request to download/ or update to 1.3.12.... his install stays at 1.3.11

I have no idea what he did..

Can he re-download the installer and reinstall? he was worried it will affect the license.

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

he had a message to update, but was impatient and ignored it or cancelled.. (he is new to simshaker, and didnt realize that simshaker has periodic updates)

his impatientness is making me nuts :mad::mad::mad:

i tried to help him update simshaker

i told him to close the simshaker from the tray.

he also has restarted.

i have warned him about antivirus.

he has confrims that the connection "verifying requirements" dialog that pops up for a second, does occur.. but it doesnt want to request to download/ or update to 1.3.12.... his install stays at 1.3.11

I have no idea what he did..

Can he re-download the installer and reinstall? he was worried it will affect the license.

SSA is freeware, there is no license...

He could try the installer... Best is, that he first exports/saves/backups his settings. Just in case...

After 9 months without actually flying DCS I finally had half an hour yesterday to test the new super carrier... SSA still is fouled by the moving carrier... :pilotfly:

Edited by f4l0

SSA is freeware, there is no license...

He could try the installer... Best is, that he first exports/saves/backups his settings. Just in case...

After 9 months without actually flying DCS I finally had half an hour yesterday to test the new super carrier... SSA still is fouled by the moving carrier... :pilotfly:

he uses the buttkicker so he can feel vibration from shaker...

so that portion is not FREE?

i will let him know

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

he uses the buttkicker so he can feel vibration from shaker...

so that portion is not FREE?

i will let him know

SSA is free, Andre's Sound Module is payware... But I bet Andre would provide support if he has issues with his license...

Hi f4I0 Im trying to get this program to work on my PC and try the demo mode available, when I start the program I cant find anyway to enable the Sound (Buttkicker and Similar devices) option its just greyed out, what do i need to do here to get this option working.

Cheers

Hi f4I0 Im trying to get this program to work on my PC and try the demo mode available, when I start the program I cant find anyway to enable the Sound (Buttkicker and Similar devices) option its just greyed out, what do i need to do here to get this option working.

Cheers

Do you have the actual sound shaker module installed and running too? Just getting back into using the sound module today with my bass shakers pucks. I have been manually starting both but not sure if that's required because I think I saw SimShaker for Aviators start the SimShaker Sound moudle once.

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

Hi Olaf,

is it possible to get a "shaker" effect when lauched by the carrier catapult?

I7-7700k 4,2 / 32 GB RAM / Geforce 2080 TI / 2x M2 500GB SSD / 1 TB SSD / Pimax 5k / WinWing Stick and Throttle

Server: [Wolfpack] Germany 93.186.198.98 Port 10308

IG Callsign: Fenris

Hi Olaf,

is it possible to get a "shaker" effect when lauched by the carrier catapult?

Not that easy, currently I don't know a way to export/identify that we are on the deck... I plan to go on vacation in July, this I might have some time to dig a bit deeper...

SSA should detect that the SoundModule is installed. Starting it once might be necessary, but then, you should be able to select the SoundModule in SSA
It does, my problem is that I have both the sound module beta and standard 2.14 installed. Once I ran 2.14 again it now starts 2.14 automatically!

Not that easy, currently I don't know a way to export/identify that we are on the deck... I plan to go on vacation in July, this I might have some time to dig a bit deeper...
Per our 3rd Space Vest discussion, I think you could tie this to LoGetAccelerationUnits()

Accel.x as I'm trying to do for the vest. The cat launch is 3G+ in that direction and I haven't found anything else yet that causes that much. AB is only .6G and that's only other thing I could think of that generally causes large acceleration that direction.

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

As a butcher method (I actually have no idea About anything Software related" couldn't the "Salut" command be interceptet + X Sec - launch - x sec (dunno how Long the shot last) end of launch?

It does, my problem is that I have both the sound module beta and standard 2.14 installed. Once I ran 2.14 again it now starts 2.14 automatically!

So, you can not the other soundmodule installation in the dropdown list in the settings tab?

Per our 3rd Space Vest discussion, I think you could tie this to LoGetAccelerationUnits()

Accel.x as I'm trying to do for the vest. The cat launch is 3G+ in that direction and I haven't found anything else yet that causes that much. AB is only .6G and that's only other thing I could think of that generally causes large acceleration that direction.

Ah, this trick might work... I'll have a look...

So, you can not the other soundmodule installation in the dropdown list in the settings tab?

Ah, this trick might work... I'll have a look...

Just one Simshaker Sound module in the drop down, can't select the beta.

Hope that trick does work for you!

Just one Simshaker Sound module in the drop down, can't select the beta.

Could you please check the content of the documents/Simshaker for Aviators folder. There should be multiple Sound Module items...

Once again, thanks for your work. When I fire up my Viper last night, I noticed SSA was off. No way I´m flying that way again :)

15 mins later I was feeling the shaking of AG training, dropping individually Mk82, strafing and recovering 30º dives with 5Gs.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Could you please check the content of the documents/Simshaker for Aviators folder. There should be multiple Sound Module items...

There are 4 installs of both SSA and the Sound module in the folder for a total of 8.

Once again, thanks for your work. When I fire up my Viper last night, I noticed SSA was off. No way I´m flying that way again :)

15 mins later I was feeling the shaking of AG training, dropping individually Mk82, strafing and recovering 30º dives with 5Gs.

Hi Tundra

What settings are you using for the Viper for SSA, I have just got it and looking for starting points and I have the F16.

Cheers

Hi Tundra

What settings are you using for the Viper for SSA, I have just got it and looking for starting points and I have the F16.

Cheers

Working on them ;) First of all, I prefer engine volume rather low. Those are the numbers I´m using so far:

Afterburner 100

Cannon 100

Canopy 50

Chaff 88

Engine 25

Damage disabled

Flaps 50

Gear turbulence 50

G Feeling 70

Ground bumps 50

Ground roll 53

Landing gear 75

Payload 100

Refuel 50

Seat ejection 50

Speedbrakes 65

Buffet 50

Touchdown 88

Turbulence 50

Wheel blocking 50

Edit: tuned down speedbrakes to 65, at 80 they took much of the vibration during approaches.

Edited by Tundra

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle