[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

I gave up yesterday as I tried disabling Windows Defender and also couldn't see anything happening within the Windows event log.

I'm in the process of doing a new build and since I only had Windows 10 and DCS installed I just wiped the whole lot and reinstalled Windows.... a bit drastic but it's only a 10 minute job reinstalling windows.

I then reinstalled Simshaker, it worked three times from the desktop and then just stopped working again ?.

I found the install path below for SimShaker:-

C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\O83EO8OP.0RA\9LNZG9X7.KXZ\sims..tion_8d02fb54339bfb80_0001.0001_8cd30b4b2adffb9b

I ran it from there and a big blue "Windows defender" screen popped up saying :-

"Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognised app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk".

So I just pressed the "Run anyway" button and then a "Windows Defender fire wall" window appeared blocking the above path again.

Once again I just allowed permission for the app to run and Simshaker is now working again from the desktop.

Hope the above helps.

Wow, a drastic solution...

Previously I had some issues with Windows Defender CloudProtect/SmartProtect (can't remember the exact name). I'll contact Microsoft again...

Wow, a drastic solution...

It's not so bad, i had nothing on my computer anyway as i had only just installed Windows for the first time on this new build.

Hopefully found the issue that was preventing SimShaker from starting in the process :).

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\O83EO8OP.0RA\9LNZG9X7.KXZ\sims..tion_8d02fb54339bfb80_0001.0001_8cd30b4b2adffb9b

Found the same, opened from the above location and allowed it to run and it's fine now

Could you give me a more detailed description? Was the application installed correctly? What Windows version?

You could try to run SSA from the install folder. It's a bit complicated to find the place where Windows puts these ClickOnce apps...

It's usually something like: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\somename\somename\sims..tion_somehash use the date modified field in the explorer to find the correct entry...

Cheers

I am having the same issue, latest build of windows 10. The application has been running fine until I updated. I am abile to launch it from the "C:\Users\StandingCow\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\KXNT7LK5.7RB\1PVNAB9K.K5X\sims..tion_8d02fb54339bfb80_0001.0000_2430d52dcbb5675b" location but not from the windows shortcut.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

I've no clue what why you have these problems. As a workaround, just create a new shortcut from the install location. But remember, that these files will be deleted after an updated. Thus, in case of an SSA update, you need to adjust the shortcut. Or, the normal shortcut starts to work again...

Thank you so much. I just did the same, and it also fixed mine. Had to do it for normal and beta to get both working. Now the normal shortcuts work again. Off to the skies :pilotfly:

Cheers!

I gave up yesterday as I tried disabling Windows Defender and also couldn't see anything happening within the Windows event log.

I'm in the process of doing a new build and since I only had Windows 10 and DCS installed I just wiped the whole lot and reinstalled Windows.... a bit drastic but it's only a 10 minute job reinstalling windows.

I then reinstalled Simshaker, it worked three times from the desktop and then just stopped working again ?.

I ran it from there and a big blue "Windows defender" screen popped up saying :-

"Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognised app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk".

So I just pressed the "Run anyway" button and then a "Windows Defender fire wall" window appeared blocking the above path again.

Once again I just allowed permission for the app to run and Simshaker is now working again from the desktop.

Hope the above helps.

Big thumbs up, thanks!

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Sound module is no longer working for me with my butt kicker.. allowed app to update and sound module installed separately but even though it shows the wave file being played my buttkicker does not vibrate in any way.. doesn't work in game either even though jetseat still works. Simultaneous Output is checked and sound module launches.. windows will output sound to kicker so buttkicker is functional just not the sound module

Problem with SSA

I also have a problem :-(

I can't select any sound card in the Simshaker-Wings / Manual Start / General settings / Dedicated sound card. The selection field is greyed out (see screenshot)

I have a dedicated sound card (SB Audigy FX).

Everything works OK with DCS and SSA, but I'd like to use my Buttkicker G2 with BMS and I can't.

Thanks for your help

Judy

simshaker.JPG.2e65687e7240fd04843b6dd7ffd6d23d.JPG

I have had SSA working for a couple of months now. I just noticed that it will not open for me anymore and it does not appear in my taskbar. When I click on the program it will not open. Anyone know whats going on? I have Windows 10.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Yeah, I noticed this today after a reinstall. Hopefully it’ll be sorted soon.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Sound module is no longer working for me with my butt kicker.. allowed app to update and sound module installed separately but even though it shows the wave file being played my buttkicker does not vibrate in any way.. doesn't work in game either even though jetseat still works. Simultaneous Output is checked and sound module launches.. windows will output sound to kicker so buttkicker is functional just not the sound module

I also have a problem :-(

I can't select any sound card in the Simshaker-Wings / Manual Start / General settings / Dedicated sound card. The selection field is greyed out (see screenshot)

I have a dedicated sound card (SB Audigy FX).

Everything works OK with DCS and SSA, but I'd like to use my Buttkicker G2 with BMS and I can't.

Thanks for your help

Judy

Hey,

the SoundModule and Wings is sold/maintained by Andre. Thus, please contact him...

Cheers

I have had SSA working for a couple of months now. I just noticed that it will not open for me anymore and it does not appear in my taskbar. When I click on the program it will not open. Anyone know whats going on? I have Windows 10.

Yeah, I noticed this today after a reinstall. Hopefully it’ll be sorted soon.

Hey,

there are some reports that there might be an issue with Windows forcing this behaviour...

You could try to start the application from it's install path.

It's usually something like: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\somename\somename\sims..tion_somehash use the date modified field in the explorer to find the correct entry...

Cheers

Done, cheers mate. Spent the night tearing my hair out trying to sort this. Worked straight away. Don't need a temp shortcut either to the Appdata folder.

So for those who are trying to find it (do a search in My Computer for Simshaker - there will be many files in this Appdata folder - just click on the one with the SSA icon.

Found the same, opened from the above location and allowed it to run and it's fine now

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Done, cheers mate. Spent the night tearing my hair out trying to sort this. Worked straight away. Don't need a temp shortcut either to the Appdata folder.

So for those who are trying to find it (do a search in My Computer for Simshaker - there will be many files in this Appdata folder - just click on the one with the SSA icon.

Please keep in mind, that using the .exe directly does skip the auto update function of SSA!

Edited by f4l0

Please keep in mind, that using the .exe directly does skip the auto update function of SSA!

Ok, until it's officially resolved, I'll just keep downloading the new versions.

Thanks

Hi f410,

I still have a problem with the J11A. I get the following error when I select it and following that simshaker stops working, even for other modules, till its restarted.

Uh, thx. I'll have a look...

Edit: Fixed... I'm publishing a new version

Edit2: Version 1.1.0.2 published on beta and stable channel

Edited by f4l0