Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Some time ago you guys talked about launching a korean war scenario involving the MiG-15 and the F-86. Any progress on that?

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Some time ago you guys talked about launching a korean war scenario involving the MiG-15 and the F-86. Any progress on that?

S!

We prepared the missions and maps but due to lack of free time we weren't able to finalize them yet. We really slowed down these days but we hope we will be able to move these plans on in the near future.

The "funny" part is that all 4 for us in the Buddyspike team had some real life things to deal with at the same period, so we might get some luck and get back at the same time also :)

At the moment we mostly try to keep the server up, note bugs and do "team changes" etc so that people can play on.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Despite their limitations, AI has its own benefit I guess. When the other side empty from human player they could buying more times to prevent airbase etc captured easily unopposed untill one or two player join the server. It ever happened to me that I was the only red player in server and overwhelmed by a bunch of enemy fighters and bombers. Only with the help of AI's I could manage to hold them while waiting other red player to join.

I was alone against 15 blues on the last weekend too, I dragged them back and forth for like 2 hours, stalling their advance on kutaisi area and made 10 kills before they got me. Then I just gone to bed, satisfied :D

We prepared the missions and maps but due to lack of free time we weren't able to finalize them yet. We really slowed down these days but we hope we will be able to move these plans on in the near future.

The "funny" part is that all 4 for us in the Buddyspike team had some real life things to deal with at the same period, so we might get some luck and get back at the same time also :)

At the moment we mostly try to keep the server up, note bugs and do "team changes" etc so that people can play on.

Greg

Maybe the direction should be towards continuous campaign without numbers and when Korea is ready a new server should be made. Same for Case Blau, etc.

Bugs and features can be fixed or added without the need of a new increment. Just when they are available.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Bugs and features can be fixed or added without the need of a new increment. Just when they are available.

The case is probably that those changes can seriously screw with balance in general and with some pilot's attitude particularly. For example - you joined reds knowing that they have huey and mitage and they got removed in the middle of the fighting but you only fly those two modules. I would have been really angry.

Edited by Fedduk

May I suggest that while we are in this maintenance mode (and I appreciate that you keep the server running), you disable the RED/BLUE enforcement i.e. let anyone switch sides freely?

This should lighten your load and I don't think anyone would care until a new round testing starts? And some people (like me) may join more often if they can try the modules "from the other side" in a more relaxed environment.

Unless this change itself is complicated enough not to be worth it?

Bolek

May I suggest that while we are in this maintenance mode (and I appreciate that you keep the server running), you disable the RED/BLUE enforcement i.e. let anyone switch sides freely?

This should lighten your load and I don't think anyone would care until a new round testing starts? And some people (like me) may join more often if they can try the modules "from the other side" in a more relaxed environment.

Bolek

+1

Lord of Salt

Bolek

This is to stop people from switching sides just to see what the enemy is doing. You can ask for side switching to an admin (here or in chat or on Buddyspike forums). Obviously if you want to switch each 5 minutes will deny you, also if you are a switcher on a daily basis.

+1

:doh:

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

This is to stop people from switching sides just to see what the enemy is doing. You can ask for side switching to an admin (here or in chat or on Buddyspike forums). Obviously if you want to switch each 5 minutes will deny you, also if you are a switcher on a daily basis.

:doh:

Its more about making it fun during maintanace mode as it is right now one team will most of the time outnumber the other by over 2:1 so being able to switch why the game is not serious at all would just make for more fun balanced days till round 10 starts

The problem is "maintenance mode" is 95% of the time. So you will have airquake 95% of the time of the year so this server will be nothing more than an airquake.

Sticking with "your" side for long term can make you take decisions on long term. Switching sides just dilutes everything into a boring air-quake.

Why I say air-quake. You won't switch sides to re-conquer what you just captured 10 minutes ago with the opposite side isn't it? That would be complete nonsense.

You want to switch sides just to take on the enemy (ex friendly fighters). - Airquake.

The idea of Blue Flag was to be different than this. You can't have 95% air-quake then suddenly be serious when the match starts.

That's why I proposed dropping altogether the "numbering" as ROUNDs. Call them "Versions" and make them run continuously.

Also AI should be more prevalent not less. Fighters or ground units. Frontline should move hard else should offer just a warzone for skirmishes. Frontlines should be assured with hard to get SAM sites.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The problem is "maintenance mode" is 95% of the time. So you will have airquake 95% of the time of the year so this server will be nothing more than an airquake.

Sticking with "your" side for long term can make you take decisions on long term. Switching sides just dilutes everything into a boring air-quake.

Why I say air-quake. You won't switch sides to re-conquer what you just captured 10 minutes ago with the opposite side isn't it? That would be complete nonsense.

You want to switch sides just to take on the enemy (ex friendly fighters). - Airquake.

The idea of Blue Flag was to be different than this. You can't have 95% air-quake then suddenly be serious when the match starts.

That's why I proposed dropping altogether the "numbering" as ROUNDs. Call them "Versions" and make them run continuously.

Also AI should be more prevalent not less. Fighters or ground units. Frontline should move hard else should offer just a warzone for skirmishes.

Well I partly agree with you and while its fine for the most part there are simply times during the weekdays where there is no point in flying due to outnimbering the enemy 3-4:1

And sadly no other server I know of offers the no fox3 spam experience ;) but meh things will get better and more fun once round 10 is upon us

Also AI should be more prevalent not less. Fighters or ground units. Frontline should move hard else should offer just a warzone for skirmishes. Frontlines should be assured with hard to get SAM sites.

Evidently the DCS community just wants bad airquake missions, how else do you explain the 104th being so popular?

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When can we expect AI scramble be fixed ? I could use AI supports when I'm alone in A2A mission. Thank you

Was not aware it was broken.

We will look into it.

i am wondering if there will be ever any hope to be able to have either GCI slots or players call for an AI refueling tanker to launch?

GCI slots are available, but you cannot really move things as it creates lag, when ED fixes it we will be the first to allow it, It's a very needed part.

Calling for AI refueling tanker is also possible, we will look into it.

Hello, is it expected to have the F-5 in the red side ?

We keep shuffling things, will take under consideration.

Maybe the direction should be towards continuous campaign without numbers and when Korea is ready a new server should be made. Same for Case Blau, etc.

Maybe :)

Evidently the DCS community just wants bad airquake missions, how else do you explain the 104th being so popular?

You know all those stories about bad statistics, right?

Returning to Blue Flag.... from last night. IFF problems much? Sometimes tracks work flawlessly... ;)

RRXfG73.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why always so upset at them? They do a good service to the community. Hosting and maintaining a 24/7 server for the community is very expensive and a huge amount of work.

Whether it's BF/104th/ACG/OC or any other server you should respect what they do offer even if it is not to your preference.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

In response to previous posts:

maybe deletening AI interceptor scripts will make the mission much more lightweight and give an opportunity to make other, more interesting scripts (I want pilot rescue back!).

Whhy I think interceptors must go?

Easy. I absolutely agree that the frontline must be more tangible (although the definition of frontline in modern warfare is much more vague that in WWII for example) but you definitely must feel that you are flying over enemy-held territory. But I think it must be done with adding more land units, including powerful SAMs (maybe capturable SAM-sites, like comms? It would be awesome to capture a Hawk or Patriot battery or whatever we have in game).

We play the role of airforce in this game, let the AI play the role of army. When we fly multiplayer we by default want to play agains other players, not bots - we can do it offline much better, without lags and low fps. We come to BF to enjoy that great challenging pvp environment where all - fighters, strikers and helis - have their role and are important, and those AI bots just make it worse, because being killed by bot make you feel dumb and actually killing a bot dont give such satisfaction like killing real player (well, for me at least).

In response to previous posts:

maybe deletening AI interceptor scripts will make the mission much more lightweight and give an opportunity to make other, more interesting scripts (I want pilot rescue back!).

Whhy I think interceptors must go?

Easy. I absolutely agree that the frontline must be more tangible (although the definition of frontline in modern warfare is much more vague that in WWII for example) but you definitely must feel that you are flying over enemy-held territory. But I think it must be done with adding more land units, including powerful SAMs (maybe capturable SAM-sites, like comms? It would be awesome to capture a Hawk or Patriot battery or whatever we have in game).

We play the role of airforce in this game, let the AI play the role of army. When we fly multiplayer we by default want to play agains other players, not bots - we can do it offline much better, without lags and low fps. We come to BF to enjoy that great challenging pvp environment where all - fighters, strikers and helis - have their role and are important, and those AI bots just make it worse, because being killed by bot make you feel dumb and actually killing a bot dont give such satisfaction like killing real player (well, for me at least).

Haha without ai blues sweet tactics of 6 a-10s with no cap may actually work. A.I. should never be taken out. Go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha without ai blues sweet tactics of 6 a-10s with no cap may actually work. A.I. should never be taken out. Go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your A-10 drivers know what they're doing that already works...

Lord of Salt

I'm not sure this is OK...

l7R3Lxn.jpg

A lot of things are strange there...

FKgeh9I.jpg

hm...

(this is from last night mission)

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]