Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Not that hard to outmaneuver if your know its limitations. The 530 has some very powerfull trust, but it only last seconds. So just change your direction a few times after it has run out of fuel and you will be fine.

Different situation, I was further away from the enemy when he launched...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

You should force INS align on the server btw, because otherwise a M2K can get in the air really quickly.

I see no reason to do so tbh, Not having the INS running doesnt limit the Mirage combat capability wise in any considerable form, in QRA scenario it would be sitting on the ground with the INS aligned.

So It basically just reduces the feature to navigate to waypoints without having to check f10 for that.

How exactly does that anything else, but annoying the crap out of the M2k pilots.

Also, if you are really scrambling, you dont have radar 1-3 minutes after takeoff anyways.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Red need more incentives to attract people to choose The Red side just like 104th did to allow ER in some scenario

How about everyone on RED connect to simple radio? I'd love to fly the Su-27, but I won't because no one is on comms.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Mirage needs empty fuel tank the same as all the other fighters, the original idea was to stop the fighter spam.

Then so does the MIG-29. I see them take-off with pretty close to their starting fuel (20%) loads of times to defend their airbase. How I know this? Because they spawn and roll onto the runway in less then a minute.

With Mirages you have to wait at least 3 minutes after startup, until the radar is warmed up and ready before you can be any sort of effective. MIG-29's can just smack on some weapons and launch on takeoff with the default (minimal) fuel and start firing as soon as their gear is up.

If both sides (RED and BLUE) get the M2000C, why is this even an issue?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I think the actual hardware available for each team is quite balanced and provides a good gameplay. There are days that RED wins and rules the skies easily and other days Blue does the same.

The main issue here is Teamwork and COMUNICACION. While on an average day you can see that on the blue side most players use Simpleradio and usually there is one talented GCI guy doing an awesome work coordinating the team effort, on RED side a lot of people play lone wolf or simply do not communicate each other. Many times RED side has not a dedicated GCI guy.

This is what makes the difference and not the airplane or missile types.

To make this work RED, any team, need good communications and leadership. Adding such missile or airplane to the inventory would not change that.

One thing I would like to ask to the Blue Flag administrators if it would be possible to extend the server restart cycle to every 4 hours instead every 3? Sometimes I feel the 3 hours are a bit short to conduct some type of operations unless you are on the server the minute it restarts. Just curious if this would be a possibility.

Edited by Furia

How about everyone on RED connect to simple radio? I'd love to fly the Su-27, but I won't because no one is on comms.

Some use TS and the other probably not confident enough with their English. I myself mostly fly at night where my lovely wife sleep near/beside me :D. But I do sometimes use TS or SRS when its possible.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I strongly believe a team balance script would be worth trying... Not an extreme one, just to prevent > 2,5 to 1 situations (given that there are more than 5 or 6 players on the server).

Something I'd really like to see, also, is the deployable sam controls actually working (Radar off, max engagement range...) which would make them tougher and harder to detect.

Edited by roccoo

Then so does the MIG-29. I see them take-off with pretty close to their starting fuel (20%) loads of times to defend their airbase. How I know this? Because they spawn and roll onto the runway in less then a minute.

With Mirages you have to wait at least 3 minutes after startup, until the radar is warmed up and ready before you can be any sort of effective. MIG-29's can just smack on some weapons and launch on takeoff with the default (minimal) fuel and start firing as soon as their gear is up.

The MiG-29s start with no fuel.

The fuel reduction was put in place for attacking reasons to stop the spamming of fighters to the front on the offensive, not to do with defence.

It takes a MiG-29 5 minutes to be ready for taxi after rearm, refuel and startup.

Currently the Mirage takes under 2 minutes to be ready for taxi.

An empty Mirage takes 4 minutes to be ready to taxi after refuel, rearm and startup.

I propose that the Mirages start with 20% fuel to help remove this Mirage spam, they'll still be taxiing before any other 4th gen fighter. :)

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

The MiG-29s start with no fuel.

The fuel reduction was put in place for attacking reasons to stop the spamming of fighters to the front on the offensive, not to do with defence.

It takes a MiG-29 5 minutes to be ready for taxi after rearm, refuel and startup.

Currently the Mirage takes under 2 minutes to be ready for taxi.

An empty Mirage takes 4 minutes to be ready to taxi after refuel, rearm and startup.

I propose that the Mirages start with 20% fuel to help remove this Mirage spam, they'll still be taxiing before any other 4th gen fighter. :)

You can be off the ground in 75 seconds if you really hurry ATM.

I know that for reasons obvious to any Redflag participants. ;D

You cant get it off the ground faster, the engine doesnt come live fast enough.

20% Fuel for the Mirages sounds like a good option.

AJS37s on captured airfields would be very nice imho. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Even one fighter can stall an advance for indefinite time, if employed correctly. Just snipe attackers and helis and you'll be fine. Russian fighters have superiority here, because use of EOS and deck-level flight can give you an opportunity to engage unseen and then disengage fast, without tackling the fighters.

I think all aircraft on both sides would make the balance better, i really like flying russian jets, but when the people i fly with want F-15's i have no choice.

I would really like to have all wepons enabled too. Right now its kind of a boring BVR version, if players want dogfight we might as well make a F-5, Mig-21, Su-25 server.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We need official round 10 start!

AFTER enabling of 1st person GCI (drive Osa SAM for example), yes!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Instead of arguing about balance you should report bugs and errors. We have over 100 pages and I bet over 70 of them are about balance.

Can someone really check the EWR scripts/stations? While on Blue GCI I could detect RED fighters taking off from Maykop even though there was no LOS from any unit and no radar illumination from any fighter, EWR or anything.

Can we disable the reporting of the objective status and anything else? The thing is constantly poping up even though nothing is happening and I doubt anyone is checking the PAK Intel every 2 minutes. Could be a bug again.

And for the last, if people are complaining about numbers, can we set the side selection on for every restart instead of the whole round/testing phase? I don't know how many other scripts brings this down...

Edited by levanoga

Why would they do that? So everyone can hide their ground assets in the trees where it's nearly impossible to find them?

Not exactly, but more like hiding between/behind buildings so ground attack aircraft/helis must coordinate/work together to take out SAM... :) (Had lot of fun in it last year, "dodging" few Su-25T and A-10C A2G missiles... :D )

Until someone drives it 60 miles to the next airfield and shoots down aricraft that are taking off. At least those units should be taken out of the "what's left to close the place" check.

Not exactly, but more like hiding between/behind buildings so ground attack aircraft/helis must coordinate/work together to take out SAM... :) (Had lot of fun in it last year, "dodging" few Su-25T and A-10C A2G missiles... :D )

I think red doesn't need F15 and other BS (blue stuff). Just same communication/coordination like blue. Blue are a lot more because they play a lot better because they communicate better it seems. They like it more. Simple.

I've heard all sorts of nonsense about SRS. It's making lag, cuts FPS, boo hoo hoo... It seems not for Blue. Strange isn't it?

H6tXlKH.jpg

IMHO. TS is just not functional. It has 25 channels and sub channels... with fancy names and even icons... ALL DESERTED! If there are 5-6 people on TS they are all on same channel where either someone has a bad microphone PTT bind and speaks romanian for all (lol mytzu) or, someone has a bad day and starts ranting about the odds an laments till drops out of TS.

Not to mention, TS is open for all... you can have blue player in red channels very well without noticing.

My opinion is who wants F15... can find plenty on blue and they can also win. Is not a lack of F15 or little gimmik Gazelle for red.

From what I've seen the main problem, like you said, is that hardly anyone is on comms on the red side. I've also noticed that except for a handful, most people on the red side are new. The normal, regular group I've been used to playing with since round five hasn't been around including myself. I think it has to do with this testing going on for so long. That group always coordinated, worked together and was on comms.

As far as srs, there's still a need for ts to at least meet and to have an idea of who is using comms. There were times in earlier rounds that 20+ people were on ts, on one channel and it works fine so your opinion on only using ts isn't really correct. SRS is great but I'm happy if people are on anything even if it's just ts. We've never had a problem with people from the other side sitting on reds channel and listening.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals