Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Mortar units dont open fire:

We placed 2 mortar units 3.1 nm away from an enemy farp having direct line of sight and even put a jtac next to them. After 10 minutes none of the mortars had fired.

Jtac was spotting targets during the whole time.

Manpads are nearly possible to evade:

The missiles from manpads cant be seen and dont show any smoketrails when fired. Observing the Manpads showed:

1. The missile fired explodes directly in front of them on the ground

2. An invisible missile flies up to the enemy target.

This makes evading manpads almost impossible as you can not see any launches from them. I know this issue cant be fixed by you guys but maybe we can get a workaround by replacing the manpads with units of similar range and type (maybe even replacing it with an avenger and adjusting the required crates to 2 like on the Nevada Blueflag).

Edited by Parkbank

On red side, the #1 Viggen on Sabuli roadbase starts in the air.

As far as I can see thats fixed in 2.5 mission - all definitely set to ground start.

Not going to make any changes to 1.5 mission before Wednesday. :)

Regarding Manpads, we'll see how they are in 2.5

Mortars have to be very close before they engage - 1-1.5 NM or so. You'll know when they're ready as you'll see the tubes starting to turn.

A few of us are away for Wednesday but in theory all is setup and ready to go for when the update goes live. Testing for 2.5 looks good but no way to really know until we have reasonable numbers on it. We'll do our best to get it up relatively soon but may be a day or so.

• Like 1

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

UPDATE:

bf.png

Blue Flag has just been started in 2.5.

We plan to keep it up and help in multiplayer testing for ED to be able to squelch them bugs!

Please advise here on multiplayer issues you find and we will report with the information in the server side.

Hope to see as many of you in there!

Edited by xcom
  • Like 1

awesome, any chance of adding the Harrier?

Should be back shortly.

Updated mission is now running!

As general advice, i'd load into single player and mess around in the editor before joining the server. From a fresh update, 2.5 needs to compile a lot of shaders which will take 5-10 minutes depending on hardware.

You can check progress in the DCS logs so you can see that it's not crashed, it is actually beavering away building things :thumbup:

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Is this why I can't see Blueflag in the server list on 1.5 (steam) any more?

All very exciting!!!

exactly... we are in 2.5 now!:thumbup::pilotfly:

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

I'm fairly sure I've heard noise about Steam catching up tomorrow, so will wait in anticipation for then...

I've heard all the various grumblings about difficulties in managing steam and non-steam modules and versions which has always put me off exploring further - here's hoping everything goes well and I'll be joining you all shortly!

The new position of Oni and Krasnaya FARPs are now mostly floating in the air. UH-1s at Oni spawn on an incline, makes takeoff a tad perilous.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

The new position of Oni and Krasnaya FARPs are now mostly floating in the air. UH-1s at Oni spawn on an incline, makes takeoff a tad perilous.

Thanks, we will have a look and fix.

awesome, any chance of adding the Harrier?

Probably after we make sure things are stable without it.

As I said in previous update, unfortunately away from yesterday afternoon, so please be patient for updates :)

Please keep bug reports coming

Inconveniently timed holiday :D

Team will try to make changes remotely :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I found already 2 broken samsites with s-125 spawned under ground. I think there can be more but for now both Lazarevskoe and Alagir samsites are captured by blue side and can not be recaptured because there's s-125 system (as i can see both radars and both launch pads) are under ground. Short range groups of those samsites have spawned normally.

Just wondering if I missed it in these forums but I didn't see anything yet, but I was wondering what happened to the L39 for Redfor on 2.5?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Guys, need help regarding the server. I tested via 2 internet providers.

1) my main provider

- I cant see the server in the MP list

- I cant conect ingame via IP 91.205.184.66:10308

- I have timeout when pinging IP 91.205.184.66

2) backup provider

- I see the server in the MP list and can conect

- I have timeout when pinging IP 91.205.184.66

What to say to my main provider? What service he should enable to make your server available? thx in advance

Bug report

0500-0600Z

Beslan and Nalchik airfields spawned invisible and indestructible assets, thus preventing capture. For Beslan, it was a sandbox. For Nalchik, it was a group of houses/barracks.

Similar issue had been reported on the Dynamic Caucasus server.

Thank you for your work making the transition to 2.5!

Can we do something about the crashing? Literally spent 2 hours taking off and flying around for nothing because I'd get within 30 miles of target only for the server to go down

Its a DCS issue. Dynamic DCS has the same problem and xcom and drexx both reported it to ED already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we do something about the crashing? Literally spent 2 hours taking off and flying around for nothing because I'd get within 30 miles of target only for the server to go down

Could be a 2.5 thing as the Dynamic Caucasus server and some others are also crashing. ED could have changed something in the script code and forgot to say about it to the public. Just enjoy the nice trees for some time until the thing gets fixed.

Hey, I was wondering if you could change up the weather a bit. Now with the wonderful lighting and better clouds in 2.5 it's a waste flying at noon in summer without clouds :)

I was just about to propose the same. If changing weather is not feasible (performance/stability reasons) than pls change time of day at least to bring some variety and let the new lighting system shine in all its glory!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg