Gazelle Weapons Expansion Mod

UScreen_161003_235838.jpgscreen shot windows 7

FT. RUCKER, Alabama. (Army News Service, Oct. 8, 1992) – Gen. Richard A. Cody, Vice Chief of Staff of the Army, and Joe RedCloud, a chief of the Baachinena Northern Arapaho Tribe, Arapaho Nation, accepted the Army’s first OH-16 Arapaho Light Attack & Reconnaissance Helicopter in a ceremony held here today.

“The Light Observation/Attack Helicopter– from concept development to material fielding to rapid deployment – is not only serving as a catalyst for change across the Army, it is also accelerating the speed of Army aviation modernization and integration with other services.” said Cody.

Hello DCS Fans! Forgive the dramatic announcement above, but I thought it would be fun to create one of many possible backstories for this mod!

In partnership with Poly_Roie of Polychop Simulations, I am proud to present version 1.0 of the Gazelle Weapon Expansion Mod! This mod is aimed at a believable "what if" type of scenario were the Gazelle was expanded to use weapons of fictional host countries, such as the USA, Israel or others.

This mod adds the following capabilities to the Gazelle:

SA342M

-4 to 8 AGM-114 Hellfire Missiles (Outer stations 1 & 2 only)

-6 to 12 VIKHR ATGMs (Outer stations 1 & 2 only)

-4 to 8 BGM-71 TOWS

-Lau 7 Smoke rockets

-FAB-100 Bombs (all stations)

-SAB-100 Flares (all stations)

SA342L

-M151 Hydra Rockets x 19, HE

-M151 Hydra Rockets x 19 WP

-S-8 Series rockets

-UB-32 Rocket pods

SA342 Mistral (Positioning of these stores may have some clipping, and this is meant to be mostly for fun :)

-AIM-9X

-Magix II

-R-60M

-R-73

Additional goodies:

U.S. Army OH-16 Arapaho Livery (Thanks to Skyknight)

FALCON Defense Livery (Fictional Defense Security Contractor)

All of the above weapons are FULLY FUNCTIONAL. The new air to ground weapons took a lot of work and tweaking to not only position so they looked right but edit into were they would guide and hit reliably. We can't promise the missiles will always function perfectly but within about 3 degrees left and right of the nose (like the standard TOWS) and about 6 degrees below the nose, within 4500 Meters, you will get solid hits. Remember as these are modded weapons bound by the hard coded limitations of the Gazelle we cannot reach out to the full real world ranges of weapons like the Hellfire and Vikhr, but they are very useful with the 4500M range. We mod is an ongoing project for us so feel free to report issues here in the thread and we will keep at improving this as much as possible! We felt we reached a point were the missiles were reliable enough to expand the Gazelle's abilities in a fictional but believable manner, so we have pushed this release!

To fire the weapons you'll need to remember the following:

1. Arm the weapon system like always

2. Select the proper store- you can release weapons repeatedly from the same station until that station is depleted

3. Take aim and release the weapon- remember slewing the Hellfire or Vikhr more than needed can waste energy as they do not have a long egnine burn quite like the TOWs.

4. Keep in mind you can only guide one weapon at a time, so hit your target or wait for impact before releasing another weapon

5. Watch the target go BOOM!

*Note- weapons like rockets or bombs will still require Launch Authorization for the TV Command box before you can release, so hit the recenter button before dropping!

I've tried to set this mod up in JGSME compatible format, let me know if you guys have any issues. For those not using JGSME just unzip the mod into your DCS World root folder and make sure it overwrites. BACKUPS ARE RECOMMENDED!!!

MOD LINK

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nazztsyh04kodqc/AAAYdVgs547oOLCEx8EseLzsa?dl=0 ***THIS LINK IS OBSOLETE!!! SEE THE LINK ON MY LATEST POST!***

Check out this video by my good buddy Poly_Ruoi (SpiderPig) from Polychop Simulations for some more info! It was an honor to get to work with one of the real deal developers!

Credits:

Polychop Simulations- for the helicopter!

Poly_Roie for all his awesome help on lau challenges

Hawkeye60- for his help in discovering new weapon possibilities

SkyKnight- for the awesome Air Cav Livery and logo of the FALCON Defense Liverery

Please note you MUST own the SA342 by Polychop Simulations for this mod to work, and it must be fully installed!

Have fun!

*Articles below were used as inspiration for fictional news piece :)*

http://asc.army.mil/web/aac25-army-unveils-light-utility-helicopter-uh-72a-lakota/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arapaho

Edited by Hook47

WOw! Great and thank you.

I wish this mod would be official in the future. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Official?

Keep this kind of what if mods in the fans voluntary side and let the official content to be realistic as the real Gazelle weapons set.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Работали с этими модами уже... Вместо AGM-114*4 использовали AGM-114*2. Первая и четвёртая подвески. Работает так же как и HOT-3. Но требует сопровождения ракеты до цели.

Hi guys,

Really sorry- dunno what was wrong with the dropbox link! That was my first attempt at releasing something in JGSME format but since I can't fix that file from work I just changed a link to a regular folder download. If someone would like to convert it to JGSME and post it up that would be great, otherwise I will try to correct it when I get back from work tonight.

Thanks!

Работали с этими модами уже... Вместо AGM-114*4 использовали AGM-114*2. Первая и четвёртая подвески. Работает так же как и HOT-3. Но требует сопровождения ракеты до цели.

новое оружие должно работать как старый HOT3 из-за ограничений, но я до сих пор думаю, что они весело

На Ка-50 AGM-114 работают по принципу пустил-забыл.https://cloud.mail.ru/public/M9vC/1Af9hSQs3

что картина не от вас правильно? мод не должен выглядеть, что они должны быть в правильном положении

WOw! Great and thank you.

I wish this mod would be official in the future. :)

Glad you like the mod! As you know DCS is about realism and even though we've tried to make a plausible mod here I wouldn't expect such things to be added into the sim, none the less I do enjoy making mods like this and we will keep it updated as much as possible!

Edited by Hook47

Official?

Keep this kind of what if mods in the fans voluntary side and let the official content to be realistic as the real Gazelle weapons set.

So sorry. Got it. I thought Gazelle could use these weapon in real life. My bad. Sorry.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Dont worry Devrim.

Is a fantastic mod, i like it. Lot of potential fun. But not as an official weapon expansion for the Gazelle IMO.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hi guys,

If someone would like to convert it to JGSME and post it up that would be great, otherwise I will try to correct it when I get back from work tonight.

Thanks!

Thank you for the mod. I don't use JGSME but I managed to make a mod file for OVGME using OVGME's built-in options. Will do some flying with the mod later on tonight. Thanks again!

Been working on tweaking the Hellfire to actually achieve it's maximum range of 8000. I've got it working, but it seems to if you get closer then 4000, it doesn't work well. Not sure if I'll be able to fix it, but I think having them work at longer ranges will be good. Currently ideal height to fire is around 1000-1500 feet and you can aim right on the target.

Made a quick video..oh and added smoke missiles as well.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

for the smoke pod maybe use the smoke rockets from the P-51, and change the location so they attach to / merge into the the skids and the smoke comes off of the rear of skid tip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Been working on tweaking the Hellfire to actually achieve it's maximum range of 8000. I've got it working, but it seems to if you get closer then 4000, it doesn't work well. Not sure if I'll be able to fix it, but I think having them work at longer ranges will be good. Currently ideal height to fire is around 1000-1500 feet and you can aim right on the target.

Made a quick video..oh and added smoke missiles as well.

Did you ever had a problem of them Exploding 1 sec after they have been fired?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Did you ever had a problem of them Exploding 1 sec after they have been fired?

This happens when a missile requires a lock and doesn't have it.

Perhaps you're not within the new off-angle restriction of the maverick from a few months back?

Can anyone give me some idea on how to use this mod? I have downloaded and installed into the relevant folders, I can't see the weapons in the load out section in the mission editor!! What am I doing wrong?

(Found it now thanks)

Edited by johnco61

• 2 months later...