VoiceAttack Radio Commands for UH-1H

Uopdate: Now available for free to anyone. See this post: 

When flying the Huey tuning the radios can be a little tricky whilst in flight. This has become especially tricky for me since getting a rift as I can no longer use programs like helios, and I don't even know where my keyboard is when flying.

Faced with this challenge, I turned to VoiceAttack. This has been a love / hate affair, but after a lot of blood (ok, maybe not blood), sweat and tears I've eventually finished a profile to tune the radios using my voice (and virtual co-pilot) alone.

After investing a lot of time into this, I've decided to publish a light version for free which will allow you to have your virtual co-pilot tune the VHF radio to any Tower frequency on the Georgia map. See the demo video below.

The full version that allows you to tune the FM, NAV, VHF and UHF radio to ANY frequency that the radio supports, as well as the airports and beacons of the Nevada map is available for US$2 via paypal. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you the details!

I also have profiles in progress for the SA342 Gazelle, and the Mi-8 and expect to have those ready by the end of the weekend which I'll also be publishing for $2 each, or $5 for all profiles.

Please note the following.

1. The Profile was built with VoiceAttack preview version 1.5.12.24. This no longer uses DirectX mapping as there have been some changes, so if you wish to run the profile, you'll need to run this version, or wait for the next standard release version.

2. You should run the Windows Voice training several times before using Voice Attack as it can sometime have difficulty hearing things like VHF as VHF.

Edited by Highwayman-Ed
Typo

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Brilliant mod there Highway, it must have taken you decades to write that stuff for VA. Well done and thanks.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Hi, I was just testing your Radio-Comms script for VoiceAttack and ran into the issue where DCS is not recognizing the commands as you mentioned in point #2 (although VoiceAttack recognition & verbal confirmation are working correctly)

As VoiceAttack is up to date and my own profiles are working fine, I dug into your demo script and found the problem:

You're sending the KeyPress commands with the "Standard" input method instead of the "Windows Game (DirectX)" method.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

I adjusted your demo script to fix this and it works fine now. Also, VoiceAttack doesn't need to be run as Admin.

I was planning on writing a similar script for radio control but as it's tedious I never got around to it. You've done a nice job and I'd be happy to give you a few bucks for your efforts.

Also, I don't know if you've only done this for the demo, but shorter command strings would be nice. Words like "radio" and "tower" are already implied and could be thought of as default. Also VHF could be AM/FM/etc.

So, rather than "Tune VHF Radio to Batumi Tower", perhaps consider something a little more terse like: "Tune FM to 123" or "Tune AM to Batumi", "Tune ADF to 477"

Food for thought and thanks for a very useful VA profile! It would be nice to see this for other modules <cough>Mi-8</cough> too! Cheers.

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

Thanks for the pointer JLX, but that option has been removed from the VoiceAttack version that I'm running.

I can customise the commands for you to make them simpler, but in testing I found that adding radio made the voice detection more accurate. I also ran into issues when creating too many choices for the command, so stuck with what it is now.

As for the Mi-8, it's in progress, ARC-9 and R-828 are done and the R-863 is underway :)

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Update from the VoiceAttack guys, the next public release will be made available in November and removes the requirement for Standard vs Direct X key inputs, so if you don't want to upgrade your version of VoiceAttack to a pre-release one, you'll be able to run these profiles then.

R-863 for the Mi-8 still underway, 160 of 440 frequency commands for this radio done...

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting. Never been a big fan of Voice Attack - prefer something else, but I have the HCS packs for Elite-D (never used them, though).

I just reinstalled VA on a whim today, so I'll be able to give this a go and would be happy to shell out if I find it useful. Don't fly the UH-1 much, but the profiles for the Mi-8 and Gazelle would interest me.

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Fantastic work here Highway.

This increases the immersion factor for me. Never again will i be fumbling with a radio while trying to hold formation or fly NOE. Simply tell the bloke sitting next to me, twiddling his thumbs, to tune it in.

Looking forward to the full package.

Work on the Mi-8 is going well. All of the frequencies and channels are set for the ARC-9, ARC-UD, Jadro 1A, R-828 and the R-863. I just need to run through the test scenarios, polish it a little and add the named airports and beacons.

Next up after that is the Gazelle.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Full profiles for the UH-1H, Mi-8 and Gazelle are finished and in testing with a couple of members of the 229th, they'll be available for anyone interested this week. PM if interested.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This work will be a phenom in DCS helo Ops, with or without VR.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Interested in all 3 also, pm sent.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

• 3 weeks later...

Does it also tune ADF and FM?

Also, is this just for radio only? no wingman commands? It would be wonderful if I can just get one profile for radios and simple wingman commands to help me out.

thanks

Win 10 · i9900K@stock · 4070Ti· ASUS Z390-A · SSD · 64Gb · TM Warthog · CV1 · Quest 2

Also, is this just for radio only? no wingman commands? It would be wonderful if I can just get one profile for radios and simple wingman commands to help me out.

thanks

Try this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140371.

I haven't used this profile in sometime now but is still probably workable,

as long as the Airport/Farp designations haven't been changed by DCS.

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 3 months later...

Sorry to necro this post.

For some reason this post just popped into my head.

It took some finding but I finally managed it.

I remembered this post from a while back and was interested in it but forgot to subscribe to the thread and then completely forgot about it.

Is this still alive? Are the profiles still available?

Cheers

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

I remembered this post from a while back and was interested in it but forgot to subscribe to the thread and then completely forgot about it.

Cheers

SD

I believe that Highway's Profiles are still available BUT, his rig exploded so he'll be off line a bit for repairs.

JUST CHOPPERS

Cheers

SD

I just donated and received these a few days ago. Works great!

thanks

No wingman commands. But these are honestly very easy to set up. Just type the text you want to be recognized, and then the keys that should be mapped. I've got a general profile for all the comms keys that I add to every profile, e.g.

- "slash": \

- "F1": <F1>

- "F2": <F2>

etc.

If you know the sequence of keys needed and they are fixed for specific commands, you can do something like:

- "Wing, join": <F10> <F2> etc.

but in a pinch you can just us the F-key commands as a fall-back. Saying the raw key names goes very far functionally (click PTT and say "F10 F2"), though obviously not as immersive.

What Highwayman-ED has done with his profile, though, is to take things to an entirely new level with all frequencies recognized with full immersion.

No wingman commands. But these are honestly very easy to set up. Just type the text you want to be recognized, and then the keys that should be mapped. I've got a general profile for all the comms keys that I add to every profile, e.g.

- "slash": \

- "F1": <F1>

- "F2": <F2>

etc.

If you know the sequence of keys needed and they are fixed for specific commands, you can do something like:

- "Wing, join": <F10> <F2> etc.

Try this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140371

JUST CHOPPERS

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...