Extended ground operations/communcation

OneStooge

First, this would be for uber nerdy immersion primarily.

What I would love to see is extended ATC/tower/ground communication and instructions, combined with a more complete layout of the airports/-bases with correct taxiway signs etc and that clearance to taxi would include assigned taxiways.

I do understand that these are combat simulations first, but for immersion, to get in the mood and groove, I thought it would add a lot to have a little bit more realism in radio comm with base as well as a bit more completeness in the ground ops department.

In any case, will we see at least proper taxiway markings on all airbases/airports, where it would be appropriate, as well as hold short markings etc etc?

(I did see some taxiway markers on one airport but they did not agree with the airport diagram on the kneeboard).

I guess an example would be, instead of "enfield 1-2, taxi to parking area," it would go something like this:

"Enfield 1-2, exit runway when able, when vacated, contact ground on 123.45."

"Enfield 1-2, ground, taxi to ramp E4 using taxiways B, B2, and E."

"Colt 1-1, taxi to runway 36 via taxiways B and A, contact tower on 124.35 when ready for departure."

You're looking for something along the lines of that, I assume.

Now that I think about it, it actually wouldn't require too much voice work to accomplish (depending on how complex the terminology would be if ED went for this), but I believe it's something to be done after 2.5 is polished and released. In other words, it's of low priority, considering NV is still getting extra runways and towns/cities and the eastern Black Sea is getting a remodelling. Maybe they're already thinking of upping the ante with ATC and ground movement, but it would seem farfetched considering their current workload.

Besides all the doom 'n' gloom, it'd be cool if this were to happen, might enable users in multiplayer to have much more usable ATC ground comms.

Edited by Harpoon

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

idk this isnt the first thread about this, in fact im p sure the last time it manifested was as 2 threads earlier this month.

it might surprise some people to know that developers are in fact sentient creatures and are in possession of an imagination.

unfortunately while individual audience need only entertain their own priorities, devs have to contend with the entire spectrum, from "fix the entire game before new features" to "new content over bugfixes" to "wheres my infantry/submarine/paperpusher simulation", etc.

i really don't envy them.

Nttr airfields currently have labelled western styled taxi ways. we drew them out and gave taxi instructions in mp. Afaik the atc is undergoing a revamp subject to change. Georgian airfields are based on historical or imaginary makeups. some airfields are missing or decommisioned and all are in the old soviet style. Realism is therefore compromised in georgi.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Nttr airfields currently have labelled western styled taxi ways. we drew them out and gave taxi instructions in mp. Afaik the atc is undergoing a revamp subject to change. Georgian airfields are based on historical or imaginary makeups. some airfields are missing or decommisioned and all are in the old soviet style. Realism is therefore compromised in georgi.

Now this is interesting and good info. Thanks heaps. On a side note, perhaps we would see (if the code and policies allow) 3rd party scenery add-ons, kind of like we have for the civ flight sims like FSX.

Advanced ATC comms are in development for quite some time now. I guess they will be part of DCS 2.5, if not initially then shortly after.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Advanced ATC comms are in development for quite some time now. I guess they will be part of DCS 2.5, if not initially then shortly after.

This is sounding better and better now by each post! I might even go as far as to say I could be stoked for 2.5.

To the contrary...

This is sounding better and better now by each post! I might even go as far as to say I could be stoked for 2.5.

... the goal of 2.5 is merging two terrains under single program. While Nevada is being updated with new objects and Georgia revamped to match the new engine do not expect anything else. Map changes are huge tasks themselves and ED is working on Normandy and era objects to populate that map with. With things in the pipeline like F-18C and other announced items, it is fair to assume ATC is really low on the list and that is IF it is still on the list right now.

Idea is great and I +1 that but honestly I am not expecting this. And yes- this is not a fresh idea at all...

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

... the goal of 2.5 is merging two terrains under single program. While Nevada is being updated with new objects and Georgia revamped to match the new engine do not expect anything else. Map changes are huge tasks themselves and ED is working on Normandy and era objects to populate that map with. With things in the pipeline like F-18C and other announced items, it is fair to assume ATC is really low on the list and that is IF it is still on the list right now.

Idea is great and I +1 that but honestly I am not expecting this. And yes- this is not a fresh idea at all...

The work on the new ATC system should be pretty far ahead in development, because they are working on it for quiet some time now. It was supposed to come to DCS 2.0 this year.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The work on the new ATC system should be pretty far ahead in development, because they are working on it for quite some time now

Not trying to be an ass here, but that statement doesn't have to be true, you know... It depends on loads of factors and can change from 99% to 1% any time because everything is subject to change.