Campaign Mission 1 bug

cgifford

first mission fixed

Ok, so on the last weekend I wanted to play gazelle campaign and I stuck on the very first mission, like the rest of you guys.

I started digging through mission logic and learning how the editor works on the way. After a couple of very frustrating hours I finally managed to figure out what is going on and what is wrong with the mission.

I deleted 3 redundant triggers and changed one faulty trigger with the one that works.

(shout out to ED, trigger is not set once entity leaves the trigger zone by the means of another trigger that deletes said entity; at least that is what mission author wanted to do).

I played through the mission and it now works fine. Chinook and ah64 will take off 10 seconds after you.

Cheers and apologies for me English.

P.S. I was ready to share fixed mission with you on the last weekend, but only today I got my permission from admins to make a post. What a bizarre system for new users.

CMPGaz1VEN.part1.rar

CMPGaz1VEN.part2.rar

CMPGaz1VEN.part3.rar

• Like 2

Ok, so on the last weekend I wanted to play gazelle campaign and I stuck on the very first mission, like the rest of you guys.

I started digging through mission logic and learning how the editor works on the way. After a couple of very frustrating hours I finally managed to figure out what is going on and what is wrong with the mission.

I deleted 3 redundant triggers and changed one faulty trigger with the one that works.

(shout out to ED, trigger is not set once entity leaves the trigger zone by the means of another trigger that deletes said entity; at least that is what mission author wanted to do).

I played through the mission and it now works fine. Chinook and ah64 will take off 10 seconds after you.

Cheers and apologies for me English.

P.S. I was ready to share fixed mission with you on the last weekend, but only today I got my permission from admins to make a post. What a bizarre system for new users.

Thanks a ton dude! :)

+1

Edited by =Pedro=

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Unfortunately both the Apache and Chinook failed to take off in mission 1.

Tested in Steam DCS v1.5.5.60565, CMPGaz1VEN.miz, 24-12-2016, 9.74 MB (10,217,882 bytes), CRC32 29296F1B

Note: Mission 1 still enforces High Civilian Traffic, so the tested (unedited) version frame rate dips as low as 10 fps near FARP Paris on my PC. However despite low frame rates, mission 1 used to work as designed without additional editing.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173528

Controllers: X52 Pro (Throttle), MS Sidewinder FFB2 (cyclic), TrackIR

RAM: 12GB

GPU: GTX 670 2Gb

Mods: JSGME all disabled

Additional Info: CPU i7 860 @ 2.8GHz

Edited by Ramsay
Add CRC32 checksum

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Hi, as long as an update has been made by ED to correct several triggers broken by the previous one, could one of you try the miz 1 and tell me if the Chinook takes off now ? Not at home currently.

Nicolas

Hi yes, I used the first file (i found where to put them Mod folder then SA342 etc) and I've completed the first mission now.

No errors and the AI take off.

@mrxels

I downloaded your Mission Fix files but I'm having some problems figuring them out.

When Unzipped, it appears ALL 3 files have the exact same file name, thus they are trying to overwrite each other before I can place them into the correct location (wherever that is ... haven't gotten even that far yet).

Is Polychop going to ever fix this problem ?

It would be very nice to try this Campaign out without having to jerry-rig everything.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Okay actually, I figured out where the file(s) go and that the First File does fix Mission 1.

But that then what are the other 2 files (with the same file name as the first file !!) for ?

here, mate:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

note your target file size should be something 9900 something KB, not only 4500. if that is the case, you only extractet part of the file. the mission file are all three .rar files together. ;)

S!

here is the direct youtube link

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 3 weeks later...
I'm having the same issue. They talk like they've gone airborne, but remain at the FARP.

AFAIK 1.5.5 broke the first campaign mission (the Apache started landing on the player), Polychop released a patched mission (dated 24/12/16) but at the same time 1.5.5 update 3 broke something else (troop embarkation perhaps).

It's still broken in 1.5.6 open beta (steam) and the Chinook and Apache fail to take off after the Chinook has loaded the troops.

mrxels fixed mission 1 for 1.5.5, still seems to work for 1.5.6 but I haven't played it all the way through (so can't confirm if the later triggers work).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2998241&postcount=28

so you could back up

DCS World\Mods\aircraft\SA342\Missions\EN\Campaigns\CMPGaz1VEN.miz

and use his fixed mission until Polychop/ED fix the problem

Another option would be to edit your profile to skip mission 1 but IMHO it's better to play it as it sets the scene and isn't particularly hard.

Note: the mission is set to enforce high 'civilian traffic', so if you have low FPS near FARP Paris, you might want to disable the enforcement checkbox using the Mission Editor (the author has said the enforcement is unintentional).

Edited by Ramsay
fix version errors
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Oddly, this is one of the issues I Haven't had !!

On the 10th January you posted you had download mrxels's edited "mission 1" and had fixed your own issue with the mission.

@mrxels

I downloaded your Mission Fix files but I'm having some problems figuring them out.

Okay actually, I figured out where the file(s) go and that the First File does fix Mission 1.

I point this out so the campaign author (dimitriov) and/or dev's don't see a false report that campaign 'mission 1' has started working in 1.5.6 beta.

Edited by Ramsay

• 2 weeks later...
On the 10th January you posted you had download mrxels's edited "mission 1" and had fixed your own issue with the mission.

Yes true. I think I got the Edited Mission for a different reason (i.e. different issue). But now I can't remember what that was.

Either way, the download fixed something. I'm taking off for Mission 8 : New playmates in a couple minutes.

Best of luck to you friend.

PROBLEMS WITH >> "Mission 8 : New playmates"

I have a serious issue with "Mission 8 : New playmates".

The first time I flew it, I got to "somewhere near" the town of Zhinvali approx. WP 5 where I was told we can get fuel on the way home if low.

I went to put a Map Marker (F10 Map) at that location. But as soon as I clicked on the map to place the marker, DCS puked my back to Mission Start (no death; no count against number of flights or percentage; just start over again). So that was a waist of half an hour.

So I started flying again.

Somewhere around the same WP (or not much further) we pick up a Chinook which we have to lead to a Downed Chopper.

Everything goes good up to and including heading home.

BUT I followed the WP's using my Kneeboard for the return trip (as was the case for the majority of the flight because there are like 30 WP's).

I ended up at the starting WP, landed at Farp Berlin and asked for Refuel and Rearm.

The Ground Crew says UNABLE re: Fuel but rearmed me which I could do without the extra weight ... so I fired them off after taking off again.

I haven't heard a message from any pilot or anyone else since we were told to RTB and I'm still stuck with this Chinook following us around. I flew all the way back to WP 5, thinking I might be able to find a Farp to refuel ... now Drastically Critical.

I have landed on the road and asked ppl on the ground (if they were real they would have thought I was retarded).

Anyway, I'm on literal FUMES and have NO IDEA what I am doing or supposed to do at this point.

It's fairly obvious that I have to refly the entire mission again .... BUT ... WHAT AM I MISSING ?

Somebody please help asap.

Merci in Advance.

I'd love to see Walkthrough Videos of Each Mission in this Campaign.

If I knew how to create good quality videos I'd convert my Tracks (from completed missions) to videos and upload them. But I can't seem to get the quality I need.

And I have never had much success with the Nvidia screen capture thingy.