PAK-FA Project

Ok sound good cubanase

one question You are going to put the needle in front? and finally You will implement the actual speed of the pak is 1,516 mph? thank you.

Hi!! The needle as you call it its just a Pitot mast that prototypes have in the nose I will included 2 models 1rst prototype with pitot mast and the other one without it,as for the speed yes all well be coded as close to the data I can gather from the engines and frame.

This is beginning to sound like a real masterpiece,

how about external and internal weapon load outs ???

My first beta model is going to be the Prototype that flew back in jan 29 2010 so the first one is not going to have external payload only internal payload,i will include new models of Missiles with including folding fins as they drop from the bay doors,i have contacted my 3d modeling artist that is helping me out with the pack fa and we have this planned as much real as the real aircraft,hes teaching me how to do animated sistems on the MFD,the 3dxmax part that is then il have to code it,as for the external model,it looks outstanding,but you guys wont see that one yet, i had to update him about V-ray plugging ,v-ray and edm tools dont mix so we have to redo a few things for it to work ,anyway here is the list for the model and how its going to be and yes the first update will include external payload.

Model comes with animated and animatable details:

Animated refuelling probe.

Animated internal bays and fast missile mechanism.

Animatable missile extender mechanisms (yes the missiles fins actually open up as they drop).

Animatable wheel damping/clearance

Animated canopy door

Animated gun port

Animated jet intake stealth shutters.

Animated front and back wheelgear removal

Animated vectored jet exhausts

Animated parashute hatch and unfolding parashutes

Animated LERXes, fins and tails

Edited by cubanace

Hi cubanase The integrity sensor system is going to be the same as su-27? or it,s going to be more advance sensor system? and You plan to purchase your proyect or it,s going to be free? both way for me it,s going to be ok!!!!!!!

This is going to be completely free and yes the pak fa is going to have realistic data in both avionics and performance to a degree due to lack of information,fully clickable cockpit is coming too with Animated MFDs,as for the navigation and MFDs we are looking into su-35 due to the fact that they both use the same avionics suite,the pak fa just has an upgraded one to some degree.

Edited by cubanace

More than half of that F-22A Data is incorrect, I can say that much, that video is a smear on the F-22 and a "propo" for the PAK-FA..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I got a little advice for you

1. Finish the model

2. Make the animations correctly

3. Finish the first two first

4. Do the textures

5. Go to the cockpit

6. Get real data (which you probably won't get) or base it on the raptor

also a quick side note, even as a non-native-english-speaker, there are so many mistakes in that video, you probably should have corrected those instead of uploading a video with completely inaccurate specs and facts

Also, instead of putting your aim on top of everything, you should have tried first what your limits are and what the limits of DCS are

Edited by razo+r
  • Like 1

I got a little advice for you

1. Finish the model

2. Make the animations correctly

3. Finish the first two first

4. Do the textures

5. Go to the cockpit

6. Get real data (which you probably won't get) or base it on the raptor

also a quick side note, even as a non-native-english-speaker, there are so many mistakes in that video, you probably should have corrected those instead of uploading a video with completely inaccurate specs and facts

Also, instead of putting your aim on top of everything, you should have tried first what your limits are and what the limits of DCS are

Yes i will finish the model and textures,this model is only atest bed for me to learn on, and the cockpit will be last,thank you for your tips.

Edited by cubanace

From where did you get this data?

You should really first check if they're real, like 11G maneuvers seems a bit high to me...

you think? Do some research on the F-16 for example and you will find out that the F-16 frame can withstand up to nearly 13 +gs,not the pilot,so imagine a plane that is newer than an f-16 first flight in Jan 29 2010,i am pretty sure it is better built,but only states 11gs.

you think? Do some research on the F-16 for example and you will find out that the F-16 frame can withstand up to nearly 13 +gs,not the pilot,so imagine a plane that is newer than an f-16 first flight in Jan 29 2010,i am pretty sure it is better built,but only states 11gs.

Why do you believe it would withstand more Gs?

If you add material to strengthen an airframe for the purpose of allowing higher-G maneuvers, that comes at the expense of both weight and volume, which reduces payload, speed, and efficiency.

Every aspect of an airplane is a compromise, and there's no reason to design beyond the standard design factor limits.

Also, while a naked, nearly-empty F-16 may not immediately break at 13G, I guarantee that it requires a lengthy inspection or overhaul when subjected to that much force, before they put it back into service.

--gos

The Rated Maximum G for the F-16 is 9.0

Anything Over that will cause stress fatigue and micro-fractures.

the PAK-FA/T-50 is NOT rated for 11 G's, it's maximum Operational G's is 9.0, Which is Controlled by the Computer, and the Channel specific to the G Load Limit Cannot be toggled off in the PAK-FA.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The Rated Maximum G for the F-16 is 9.0

Anything Over that will cause stress fatigue and micro-fractures.

the PAK-FA/T-50 is NOT rated for 11 G's, it's maximum Operational G's is 9.0, Which is Controlled by the Computer, and the Channel specific to the G Load Limit Cannot be toggled off in the PAK-FA.

Theres so much mixed data on the Web about the pak fa G load,some states 9 Gs,10Gs and 11Gs, you mentioned earlier that the pak fa flight by wire computer could not be turned of in order for it to go above 9Gs, then how you think its able to do the cobra manuever? limiter has to be off ? care to explain then how it can do such manuevers with out the limiter being off, or does the computer only limits its maximum G load to 9 Gs but lets it do stuff like cobra manuever while the flight by wire sistem being on for example?

Edited by cubanace

Why do you believe it would withstand more Gs?

If you add material to strengthen an airframe for the purpose of allowing higher-G maneuvers, that comes at the expense of both weight and volume, which reduces payload, speed, and efficiency.

Every aspect of an airplane is a compromise, and there's no reason to design beyond the standard design factor limits.

Also, while a naked, nearly-empty F-16 may not immediately break at 13G, I guarantee that it requires a lengthy inspection or overhaul when subjected to that much force, before they put it back into service.

--gos

oh i agree with you ,all frames do get fatigued or Damaged beyond repair,for example i have heard of F-15s over stressing the airframe at some point, another thing!! i dont know why but i have noticed that russian planes have a better frame than western ones they seem to be tougher to some degree, but like skatezilla stated the pilots just cant handle it,planes can but not the pilots,anyway who would want to stress the airframe knowing that is just a matter of time B4 things start to brake or make it harder for the crew.

Edited by cubanace

just a head up on where i am at this point.

#1 learning how to implement Draw arguments,external and internal.

#2 learning 3dx max Modeling Texturing,UV uwnrapping,baking,PhotoShop.

#3 Doing lots of research on the Pak Fa(So far its a can of worms)Lots of Mixed INfo, makes sense.

#4 Studying how to work FM Coding Equations.

#5 taking all the advices you guys have giving me.

As for the model you guys see in videos Again that is just a Test bed for me to see the draw arguments and changes in FM, the final model will be totally different.

care to explain then how it can do such manuevers with out the limiter being off, or does the computer only limits its maximum G load to 9 Gs but lets it do stuff like cobra manuever while the flight by wire sistem being on for example?

Who said that you need more than 9 G to perform a Cobra? that is the reason why Cobra manouver is performed in a limited speed range. I think you are mixing up this point due to the fact that turning off the AOA limiter in the Su-27 (which is what is done to perform the cobra) also turn off the G limiter.

Also... relevant data could not being available for not years but decades... I hope you could reach what you dream but I have to advice that It's 99.9% an enorumus time loss. Unless you want to release a much more "game" module, not that much related to simulation. I'm not saying this because of the aircraft choice only, but cause you claimed first that:

- You are a newbie at coding;

- You are a newbie at DCS related coding;

- You even don't know what is an SDK;

- You are a newbie in 3D modeling;

- You are a newbie in flight model theory.

It's like say that you want to build up an F1 team and drive the car but, sadly: 1. you still do not know how to drive 2. you don't know difference between a racecar and a Ford Fiesta and 3. you never see a circuit in real life. It's not impossible... but it's really unlikely. You need a team of people with a lot of knowledge, free time and zero revenue desires.

Edited by chromium
  • Like 1

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Couldn't agree more with you Chromium.

Your expectations are way too high for your first "mod", i would highly suggest you go read dcs documentation before starting on a project just so you can get a feel on what you need to know/learn. But hey-ho everyone has to learn from somewhere. Wish you the best!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

i would highly suggest you go read dcs documentation before starting on a project

I`m afraid to disappoint you, but there are almost no info about advanced coding for dcs mods. only separate isolated posts from enthusiast, not from dcs devs(of course this is not relates to official 3rd parties).

Thats huge dangerous for newbie modmakers, they start to do something, and when time comes to serious works - efm, systems etc they understand they cant do it. time wasted, effort starts melt, and RIP mod... there are a lot of such examples :(

For me good point that someone at least try to do something (sadly my russian community in this total silent, there are just absent any of project with EFM), thats why I like current pakfa project.

Edited by BR=55=Sevas

Please... just let him do his thing. "Flyable" mods with incorrect cockpits, SFM and such are released everyday. At least he is trying to make something that non of us will ever have a chance to buy from the established devs. A pak-fa mod on pair with FC3 level aircraft would still be really cool. Keep up the good work and good luck!