use rb75 aka mavericks

EliteKatze

so i am having a problem with the rb75, i simply cant move the cursor on the round tv screen next to my hud, i assigned my radar left/up/right/down keys correctly, but it wont do anything and i also cant fix the thing on an enemy vehicle.

please help me with that and what exactly i needto do to get it to work

thanks in advance!

so i am having a problem with the rb75, i simply cant move the cursor on the round tv screen next to my hud, i assigned my radar left/up/right/down keys correctly, but it wont do anything and i also cant fix the thing on an enemy vehicle.

please help me with that and what exactly i needto do to get it to work

thanks in advance!

The radar joystick has a two-stage trigger. When you don't touch the trigger, it is in the T0 and it means the RB75 is boresighted.

When you press trigger to first stage T1, you uncage the seeker and you can now move your axis to aim by 30 or so degree, but you need to point boresight 15 degree from the target to launch RB75.

And to lock the RB75 on target, you need to fully press trigger to second stage (TV) and then the crosshairs will "open up".

And once you have radar trigger fully pressed, you need to now UnSafe the stick and then pull its trigger to launch RB75 (holding both triggers).

It really becomes super easy to aim, lock and launch with two hands and only problem is that you just don't have a ground stabilized sight so you need to fly very gently when you aim, so you can actually aim with both sticks (with aircraft as with the seeker head).

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Now that`s confusing me ...lol

I need to look for a video ..

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Now that`s confusing me ...lol

I need to look for a video ..

I think it is super simple.

You have two sticks, one for radar and one for aircraft.

To aim and lock RB7 with radar stick:

1) Not pulling trigger = RB75 is boresighted (locked)

2) Pulling trigger first step = RB75 seeker is uncaged and you can aim with radar stick

3) Pulling trigger second step = RB75 seeker is locked on the closest contrast

To launch RB75 with stick:

1) Keep pulling radar stick trigger fully (second step)

2) Un-Safe the trigger

3) Pull stick trigger

If you lock to wrong target with the RB75, you need to re-lease fully the radar stick trigger to boresight the RB75 and start again aiming.

That EP-13 sight positioning divides my opinions about it.

It is unfair for players without trackIR as they can't see HUD nor sight simultaneously.

Even for a trackIR user it is challenging to use whole HUD as it is clipping so badly and when you adjust seat (in cockpit) or trackIR positioning, you are in totally odd position.

It is like whole HUD is still WIP.

And that puts the SAAB design IMHO totally odd light that how so bad HMI can exist?

It's the job of LNS to capture the features, good and bad, of the real aircraft. It is not the job of LNS to make sure the ergonomics are good.

It is as well in their interest to make the simulator accessible by the home simmers. In a real thing you might be fairly easily able to move head between sights, but it ain't just horizontally but a lot on the vertical off-set as well.

And if in normal flight half of your HUD is clipping so you don't see it fully even when you stare it closely, how are you suppose to even aim in the real thing?

Sure, we can all go again back to "100% realistic" or simply get that we need to understand that there is required to be "fitting" to the simulation purposes as well.

And this doesn't mean you suddenly have different capability on missiles, hit points or anything like that. It is simply to get a virtual pilot to be able more easily fly the thing without purchasing a TrackIR or VR helmet to do so!

There is as well still reason why we can fly these things with keyboards and mouse only.... Should we remove that capability if we want "100% realistic" and only force it to HOTAS? How about removing the customization capability so you can't bind buttons, you just need to stick on what developers has put on real thing... And maybe buy a new HOTAS for each module....

Set up a snapview which incorporates the HUD and EP-13 how you want.

Doesn't really work for the TrackIR user....

And if in normal flight half of your HUD is clipping so you don't see it fully even when you stare it closely, how are you suppose to even aim in the real thing?

Can you provide a screenshot of the clipping? I didn't come across any problem like that and I am wondering what you are doing diffrent than me.

Also, for what do you even need to use the HUD while shooting the RB 75?

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

It is as well in their interest to make the simulator accessible by the home simmers. In a real thing you might be fairly easily able to move head between sights, but it ain't just horizontally but a lot on the vertical off-set as well.

I've never seen this clipping you speak of? The HUD is far from modern, obviously, but I have had no problem viewing the areas of it that should be viewable.

There is as well still reason why we can fly these things with keyboards and mouse only.... Should we remove that capability if we want "100% realistic" and only force it to HOTAS? How about removing the customization capability so you can't bind buttons, you just need to stick on what developers has put on real thing... And maybe buy a new HOTAS for each module....

No, and that's more of a straw man than an example. :) But if someone says "I use a keyboard and I'm having real trouble flying and slewing the radar cursor at the same time" I'll probably reply that they should get a HOTAS to enjoy the sim as much as possible.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

What is the difference between the rb75, rb75b and the rb75t?

RB75 is the Swedish variant of the AGM-65A.

RB75T is the Same Missile but with a heavy 130kg similar to some later Maverick Variants and is designed to be

used against larger / heavier targets like Buildings and Ships etc where the heavy deep penetrating warhead is needed.

RB75B is the AGM-65B (With a Fictional Swedish designation)

and the AGM-65B has a More Zoomed in Seeker allowing to see and lock targets at longer range.

Edited by mattebubben
  • Like 1

Doesn't really work for the TrackIR user....

It does, don't limit your options. However, I was replying to the fellow who asked how someone without Track IR could use it.

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I think it is super simple.

You have two sticks, one for radar and one for aircraft.

To aim and lock RB7 with radar stick:

1) Not pulling trigger = RB75 is boresighted (locked)

2) Pulling trigger first step = RB75 seeker is uncaged and you can aim with radar stick

3) Pulling trigger second step = RB75 seeker is locked on the closest contrast

To launch RB75 with stick:

1) Keep pulling radar stick trigger fully (second step)

2) Un-Safe the trigger

3) Pull stick trigger

If you lock to wrong target with the RB75, you need to re-lease fully the radar stick trigger to boresight the RB75 and start again aiming.

what radar trigger, that doesnt exist in the settings :/

Yeah i second on the clipped hud......Most of the time the hud aiming is at the top most position or beyond it /out of sight ....and if you lower your seat the ep 13 cross gets lowered too.....maybe a bug ...or just Track ir zoom issue ......But anyway .....with some (alot) of training you can get fairly desent with the Rb75 .....And i love the realism in that 80-90 ish sight ......It makes it a bit more interesting tthan A10c style Tankbusting ...������