Elint page in Kneeboard

edineygomes

I had it equipped, I didn't interface with it, turn it on or anything. I put myself in Spanning mode, flew around, landed, put it in BER and checked the kneeboard. that was it. So it might be using the RWR for that info, I don't know.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Thats a awesome addition to the Viggen! Didn't know we can do stuff like this.

I have done a test and this is the summary. I flew in an square 50 km x 50 km around the SAM.

I hope I have interpreted the data correctly. My results are in the images below.

I could pretty much get the position of the SAM [sA-08]. :book:

Summary.thumb.png.53ee18f2707dd96a1ce40ef4e93d59fd.png

Summary2.thumb.png.4930d294a04fdeffe81601f21b44fc82.png

Look forward to your tutorial. Any chance you could let us have a copy of the mission to try it out ourselves once youre done?

Yes mate of course but I need to figure this out too - I can get the coordinates easily enough - the problem is translating them in to useable data on the map or understanding what the NW coords and SE coords are.

I'm assuming that the NW are the Northing to Westings and SE - South to East - possibly the lines of the box I'd need to draw on a map.

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

Ooops ignore - beaten to it!

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Thats a awesome addition to the Viggen! Didn't know we can do stuff like this.

I have done a test and this is the summary. I flew in an square 50 km x 50 km around the SAM.

I hope I have interpreted the data correctly. My results are in the images below.

I could pretty much get the position of the SAM [sA-08]. :book:

How did you draw that in F10?

I did not draw this in the F10 map. I created those corner points on the ingame map and took a screenshot, then I paste the screenshot in mspaint and draw the lines.

Ah ok - we could really do with a tool to do this in game - Feature request????

The boxes are drawn on the kneeboard map, just not on the F10-map

Too bad there's no way to zoom in on the kneeboard map. Almost can not understand what is written in some parts.

It is also a pity that we can not create a flight plan that appears inside the kneeboard during the flight. Without having to create waypoints in the editor

Edited by edineygomes

The boxes are drawn on the kneeboard map, just not on the F10-map

Dreaming a-bit here, but transferring the kneeboard info into a user-mark on the F10 containing the read-out would be, very handy and more presentable (documentation/screenshot friendly).

And in an MP scenario like blue-flag you could see viggen's chasing down user dropped EW and SAM's.

--

Dreaming even more, is of course an SF variant that creates user-marks on where it's pictures are taken with a link to look at the picture :)

/D

Dreaming a-bit here, but transferring the kneeboard info into a user-mark on the F10 containing the read-out would be, very handy and more presentable (documentation/screenshot friendly).

And in an MP scenario like blue-flag you could see viggen's chasing down user dropped EW and SAM's.

--

Dreaming even more, is of course an SF variant that creates user-marks on where it's pictures are taken with a link to look at the picture :)

/D

I agree, this would be a great new dynamic for the SIM and open a lot of possibilities for different types of mission and responsibilities.:thumbup:

• 1 month later...
I have made a short video how to do ELINT, based on the information i got from this thread. :joystick:

Really good video ... could you please share the mission file, like you did with your TILS Landing video? :)

I liked your videos, its a real pity that YouTube is killing the annotations feature ... it will be a roadblock for those who create tutorial-type videos :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 year later...
I have made a short video how to do ELINT, based on the information i got from this thread. :joystick:

A great video. I am late "discovering" this feature. his tutorial is the most comprehensive! Well done! :thumbup:

One small issue with the last section of the video. The box drawn on the F10 map needs to be parallel to the Latitude and Longitude lines on the map. You may notice that the lat/long lines are a bit "slanted" for this area of the map. It has something to do with where the map is centered and the projection used. It is an issue we sed to face in the real world with paper charts. For this, the easy fix is to rotate the screen shot to make the Lat/Long lines straight up/down/left/right. :)

R/ Hangar 200

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the video, but isn't there a typo at 0:45? According to the handbook rc1 (p 127) and your mouse clicks it is "Mode A" and "bandwith selector to K".

----snip--------

Silent recording | A | G H J K

Settings:

• OFF: Mode 0 Pod is disabled

• Preheat: Mode A/F Pod is being preheated and prepared for use.

• Silent recording: Modes A/G - A/K The pod will receive and record incoming

signals, and will not emit any jamming signals.

Mode A/G: Low sensitivity.

Mode A/H: High sensitivity.

Mode A/J: High sensitivity.

Mode A/K: Automatic sensitivity cycling between mode A/G and A/J.

------snip-------

Anyone ever tested if there's any difference in the detection capability, precision of triangulation or whatever when using different settings from A/G to A/K against the same emitter? :worthy:

"Those who admire me for my 275 kills know nothing about war" Günther Rall

Hello, this video demonstrates the ELINT facility quite well, though I'm yet to get that far into flying this jet.

What is good here is that Bloodnok had written a program to plot the radar sites and types using the file that is generated when you switch the radar to BER after landing. It would be nice to get hold of that program :D

Edited by Zadren
Trying to get the vid to run... :/

• 4 weeks later...

Tried in 2.5.3 open beta.

Entry for Last signal always shows 0:0:0 in my flights.

Does anybody has real values? In last example I completely circled around the radar which took several minutes.

Emitter: 1

Freq: A PRF: 856

First signal: 9:3:3 Last signal: 0:0:0

Sequence broadca: 0.1s Silent: 0.1s

NW: 43:25:56 044:19:25 SE: 43:23:59 044:19:03

Emitter: 2

Freq: A PRF: 447

First signal: 9:3:5 Last signal: 0:0:0

Sequence broadca: 0.1s Silent: 5.9s

NW: 43:31:23 044:20:04 SE: 43:23:38 044:20:57

or

Emitter: 1