ED agreed...The Mig 21 "CAN" be added ONLY IF...

Witchking

The 3D model posted seems to be (I'm not sure of course...) a MiG-21F-13, one of the first version of the Fishbed. The best version to implement would be a MiG-21MF that is like many other versions of that bird, and is more modern (I think).

PS: The Romanian model posted above is a Lancer version, am I wrong? I think is externally similar to the -21MF or the -21bis one.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3D model posted seems to be (I'm not sure of course...) a MiG-21F-13, one of the first version of the Fishbed. The best version to implement would be a MiG-21MF that is like many other versions of that bird, and is more modern (I think).

PS: The Romanian model posted above is a Lacer version, am I wrong? I think is externally similar to the -21MF or the -21bis one.

Yes! You right! This is f-13. And I also agree that best version to implement would be MF. This the last one, even newer than BIS version.

EDIT: ... Last made by MAPO ofcourse (not license built in other countries)

How many polygons?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I thought 21-93 in service with the Inians is the latest? With the Kopyo radar (or was it a Zhuk-M?) and R-27E, R-73 and R-77 support, and one or two mfds in the pit (and real ones, not nicked F-16 ones like on the lancer).

That cartoon rocked like nothing in this thread before, hahaha, priceless

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

I thought 21-93 in service with the Inians is the latest? With the Kopyo radar (or was it a Zhuk-M?) and R-27E, R-73 and R-77 support, and one or two mfds in the pit (and real ones, not nicked F-16 ones like on the lancer).

The Romanians also have the Mig-21 Lancer. Dunno how exactly they compare. The lancer also has 2 MFD's and a western HUD. Not sure about the compatibility with the R-77 though.

China still uses very old Mig-21 and F-7 variants, probably the oldest anywhere. It is funny how the Mig-21 has outlived the mig-23 by far.

My PC specs below:

Well, the LANCER-C cannot carry the R-77.

But! It can carry NATO and Israeli weapons and electronics....

The Mig-21-93 can carry the R77.......

I think!! that the Lancer can also carry the R-73....but i am not sure...

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

Is this 3d model enough for LOMAC?

water_34782.jpg

Wow...I DOn't know if it fits lomac standards...but that looks good enough for me. Do you think that you can modify it for lomac?? that would be amazing. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

What i think that ED could do:

Accept an interm model.....that the community afterwards can create a up to date mig-21 model....but that atleast a slot is available!

Chizh was quite clear about this. Only "first-class" models will be accepted to become "integrated" in LockOn.

Are we talking about a storyline putting Romanians, Yugoslavs and Indians into the Caucasus, or a first step towards changing the Lock On map, or just another lost aircraft that is not an F-15E, for making random screenshots with no explanation?

TIE_Interceptors.jpg

:huh:

-SK

What the heck SK... I ask what the hell are the israelis doing there also.

Romanians are just arround the corner in that map so whats your problem?

F-15E is even less likely to be in any ED SIM for years, suck it up. :P

My PC specs below:

Ok, why not add a mig-21 meint (and .exe) entry, but no 3d model? That way the community can add any mig-21 model they like, be it a Bis, 21-93, MF, or others.

Seems like the forum is on the fritz again :(

My thoughts exactly.....

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

What the heck SK... I ask what the hell are the israelis doing there also.

Israel is there so that two multiplayers can both fly the F-15C to fight "balanced."

Romanians are just arround the corner in that map so whats your problem?

I just don't see what contribution Chizh is making to this discussion. His standards and conditions are obviously just getting in the way. In fact, I don't think he even sees the value of an eight-missile Ukrainian Romanian MiG-21SMT with former Yugoslav insignia at all! Why is the title post about him? Leave his opinions to F-15E wishers, please.

;)

-SK

Chill.

:smoke:

I hear same things for a year now... on russian section.

That what I showed earlier is from one of Battlefield mods so I don't even know if it's animated well or is this even convertable to ED standards. Guess not. I'm not a programmer. I just try to think :doh: is it possible to convert or get from guys early stage projects / templates, I don't know.

IMHO ED has set the standards and if we want to be a part of it and get what we want, we must comply with there wishes and go through their representatives. If in a working business job you were told to write a 10 page tps report and it is only 3 then that obviosly will not suffice. Nor will something that doesnt fit the model specifications. This means that the poly count has to be just right, and someone has to make a damage model, and skin it. Since I cannot to any one of these I wish you guys the best of luck to complete the specifications while i wish that we realize ED has the last call on whatever the community comes up with.

IMHO ED has set the standards and if we want to be a part of it and get what we want, we must comply with there wishes and go through their representatives.

Yes indeed and absolutley!

I want the Mig 21 as much as anyone and feel it was more important than the Su17 to be included in Lomac, although i love them both as military airframes.

To me the Mig 21 was a MUST in LOMAC from the start, much more important than say the F-5 Tiger!. Anyway lets just hope the Mig 21 Classic fighter makes it in game sometime.

Come to think of it, what modern air combat simulation is complete without it????

So come on ED, you should have had this wonderful aircraft in the game in the first place ;)

Mizzy.