ED agreed...The Mig 21 "CAN" be added ONLY IF...

Witchking

LanceR? Please... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a post in the lockon-models forum about this that I've just replied to, basically saying that I'm pretty good with max (been using it since version 3) and I'm willing to help with the Mig to bring it up to standard for adding to the game.

I've been playing with a few things myself, and I've got the hang of the Ed tools now. The Mig 21 isn't my favorite plane, but so many people seem to want to see this in the game it's hard not to take up the challenge!

Stikemax, I see you've done some work already - how can I help?

It's not my favorite either, but it's a legend, and legendary planes need to be included, and not some lame F-15e. The F-4, Mig-21, F-14, F-104, A-8, A-6, A-4, RC-5A (heh heh, huge bugger), F-111, Mirage F-1, the Harrier, and some more, are the real legends that have proven themselves and fit the timeframe properly. Okay, I added the Viggie cause I like it so much, but heck, it was an awesome piece of engineering.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Indeed, a legendary aircraft. I'm not too clear on this, but are the flight dynamics for each plane hard coded? A harrier would be really nice, but I'm not sure how it would fit in, and I imagine the flight dynamics would take a lot of work to get right.

Is there even any existing code for swing wing aircraft? The args list for the max exporter tools has an arg (No 7 I THINK) for wing sweep, but it does say at the top of the document that some of them are not used.

I'd love to see dual cockpit planes that two people can fly. I used to play Longbow 2 a lot with my brother - the best thing about it was being able to play as pilot and gunner in the same aircraft. It really brought home the advantages a two man cockpit can give, and I'm disappointed that subsequent sims haven't added that feature.

Ed - pleeeeeeaaaaaaase! lol! Seriously, though, the SU32/34 would be almost worthy of an expansion pack on its own imho. It would be hard to implement in single player i supppose, as the AI would have to do a lot of work, but as a multi player expansion it could add some serious scope. And once the code is there other two seaters could always follow......

Ah, it's good to dream. Sorry for getting off topic!

Ok, you are the most difficult community to please :)

I have another option:

mig21-75.png

Above is the "75" variant which i believe is the MF/Fishbed J.

I have enough data to accurately model this variant and I don't mind to start again. The big question is would ED accept this variant?

so please let me know if you would like this variant and get the confirmation that ED have no objection.

Thank you

• Like 2
sig3small320x1503vh3.jpg

Ed - pleeeeeeaaaaaaase! lol! Seriously, though, the SU32/34 would be almost worthy of an expansion pack on its own imho. It would be hard to implement in single player i supppose, as the AI would have to do a lot of work, but as a multi player expansion it could add some serious scope. And once the code is there other two seaters could always follow......

Ah, it's good to dream. Sorry for getting off topic!

I hear you on that, yes, having the su-32 flyable would be awesome, too bad there is so much secrecy involved around its systems and capabilities. I was very happy when Smotr showed brief moments of the cockpit, so you can imagine how hard it will be to model it accurately. And the su-32 is not being showboated as all 30MK variants, but that mysterious component makes it even more interesting to have in a game, but since it can't be done without getting some espoinage charges, it's fiction for now.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

• ED Team
My question for ED is: Can R-13 be modeled with the poor performance it is supposed to have, or would we have to wait for this? :)

Yes, we can model rear aspect IR missile with no cooling seeker. The first experiment on that area was with AIM-9P.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Is there any lockon delay?

any seeker diamond cue? we always get the cue locked onto target instantaneously.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• ED Team
Is there any lockon delay?

any seeker diamond cue? we always get the cue locked onto target instantaneously.

We have plane for it. But it is not implemented yet.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

rgr that, it should be very cool to see that. Seeker lock delay not only looks very, very cool on the HUD but also is relevant for dogfight tactics. Cheers!

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Ok, you are the most difficult community to please :)

I have another option:

mig21-75.png

Above is the "75" variant which i believe is the MF/Fishbed J.

I have enough data to accurately model this variant and I don't mind to start again. The big question is would ED accept this variant?

so please let me know if you would like this variant and get the confirmation that ED have no objection.

Thank you

Yes! Yes! MIG-21 MF Fishbed J :cheer3nc:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

wow.....lol...thank you soo much strikemax....i want to give more rep...but I can't...I already gave one...and it doesn;t let me add more. :(

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

My question for ED is: Can R-13 be modeled with the poor performance it is supposed to have, or would we have to wait for this? :)

How poor would you like the performance to be of the R13 for you to perceive it being 'right' ? :)

Just a philosophical thought you may wish to contemplate :D

Mizzy.

About as poor as the missile that made it happen ... ;)

What was it, 0.1 - 0.2 pk? ;)

And would that be accuratley portrayed in the LOMAC simulation for you ? :D

Mizzy !

PS..

I am being unfair, just having a laugh late at nite before bed (which is the main time I have to get on the internet these days).

• Like 1

wow.....lol...thank you soo much strikemax....i want to give more rep...but I can't...I already gave one...and it doesn;t let me add more. :(

errr... give me some then you can give him more! :D

:megalol:

No longer active in DCS...