GREEN THUNDER

I'm not sure if it's working with 2.5.5

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone anywhere have a copy of this mod they could send me ?

I've put it for you in my google drive.

Here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15V3ThOi99VaoJi-QCwpBp0s2mSrMvtP5/view?usp=sharing

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Can I delete from my google drive now ?

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

• 3 months later...
This is bullshit, the links leads to a rabbit hole of spam.

Sorry about that. It is an terrain mod for a depreciated version of the game, so people tend to move on. I am traveling right now, but when I get time, I will put it on Google Drive and share it for you.

• 5 months later...

So, no chance to have that for the current dcs version?

That would fit well with the Huey...

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

So, no chance to have that for the current dcs version?

That would fit well with the Huey...

+1

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• 2 months later...
Is there anywhere to download this texture mod? On the website this thread links to, his blog, that dl link is broken. Why have that site open or threads here if the texture mod is nowhere to be found?

It´s because this mod is no more functional for a couple of years already. I don't exactly know since when. But one of the major updates broke compatibility and the founder did not work anymore on it...it is considered abandoned...sorry

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bump for re-release.

• Like 2

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

This mod could be re-made to work.

It would take someone a lot of time to do the work needed for a quality mod.

That being said, If anyone wants to try, I can show you the way!

it will open up other possibilities for major sim terrain overhauls.

DCS COW herds ANYONE?🤣

The possibilities are mind boggling!

The method is similar to any other terrain mod.

With a few changes.

This was made in a few hours, without much fan fare or size checking.

Incomplete as well, but you get the idea.

This is Caucus, with Palm trees.

BIG palm trees!😆

Growing from the tarmac!

(Glad the cows are not that big.....)😅

Screen-220531-200841.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Guys, why you back to this topic? Starway, in his one reply, long time ago, said there were no plans for an update for this mod.

Now I see, that he was here (the last his visit) in August ... 2020  so near 2 years ago. No any chances I suppose. Better you can write to Razbam for "Vietnam map" (on his corner), after SA map. Thx. :bye_2:

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

18 hours ago, Hawkeye60 said:

DCS COW herds ANYONE?🤣

With a few changes.

BIG palm trees!😆

Growing from the tarmac!

(Glad the cows are not that big.....)

I would try and take on the task if you can show me how to do it. But wouldn't it be better just to update the original mod to work with the latest DCS build. Or can we not find the files?

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

On 6/1/2022 at 1:18 AM, Hawkeye60 said:

DCS COW herds ANYONE?🤣

With a few changes.

BIG palm trees!😆

If you could give a brief explanation of how to do this I would only need to add a few trees on the Caucuses map to make my missions it a bit more Vietnam like, the map looks ok from the air. Could the towns be removed easily?