Mirage Status

Joni

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I acknowledged that the plane still need debugging and improvement. I'm with you on that, and I don't assume it achieved "finished" status because it was released on Steam. But when people start talking about a lot of missing systems this is incorrect. Things are in place and need fixes.

It's a matter of seeing the glass half full or half empty.

m2k module needs a little bit more than debugging and improvement to be considered as "finished" in fact. Technically speaking the m2k module still an alpha version very close to a real beta version (i.e. a finished version that need to be debuged). But well, since with ED and DCS, "Beta Version" is the standard of "finished state" (never finished in fact), the m2k is close to be "finished", but currently, it let this strong impression of unfinished because of numerous small details...

This problem is not realy "what is implemented or not", because "what is implemented or not" can be considered as software design choice... the problem is "how what is implemented, is well or aproximately done". And currently, it still many things that are "aproximately done" or even "temporarly wrongly done" and not really "well done".

PS: In fact, in my opinion (this is only an opinion), RAZBAM choosed to implements too many things at once... giving themselves an huge mass of work, forcing them to scattering their attention on too many things at once. The module is like a big complex wonderfull cathedral, but with many wobbly stones and unfinished parts.

Edited by sedenion

...But well, since with ED and DCS, "Beta Version" is the standard of "finished state" (never finished in fact)....

THIS! Could not have said it better my self. That is exactly what is going on here.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

m2k module needs a little bit more than debugging and improvement to be considered as "finished" in fact. Technically speaking the m2k module still an alpha version very close to a real beta version (i.e. a finished version that need to be debuged). But well, since with ED and DCS, "Beta Version" is the standard of "finished state" (never finished in fact), the m2k is close to be "finished", but currently, it let this strong impression of unfinished because of numerous small details...

This problem is not realy "what is implemented or not", because "what is implemented or not" can be considered as software design choice... the problem is "how what is implemented, is well or aproximately done". And currently, it still many things that are "aproximately done" or even "temporarly wrongly done" and not really "well done".

PS: In fact, in my opinion (this is only an opinion), RAZBAM choosed to implements too many things at once... giving themselves an huge mass of work, forcing them to scattering their attention on too many things at once. The module is like a big complex wonderfull cathedral, but with many wobbly stones and unfinished parts.

You can't have a "finished state" if the base code is missing or incomplete. And building a complete foundation for all the intricacies of military aviation is a huge thing.

Everything in dcs is a placeholder or an approximation. Radar behavior, countermeasures, ecm dm are all fc3 level at best. Weather is worst. Fuel and mission planning tools are nonexistent for realistic mission building.

Yet people bitch about the weapon selection panel on the mirage. Talk about priorities.

All the while ed make ww2 fighters, maps and the f18 but nobody complains.

You can't have a "finished state" if the base code is missing or incomplete. And building a complete foundation for all the intricacies of military aviation is a huge thing.

Everything in dcs is a placeholder or an approximation. Radar behavior, countermeasures, ecm dm are all fc3 level at best. Weather is worst. Fuel and mission planning tools are nonexistent for realistic mission building.

Yet people bitch about the weapon selection panel on the mirage. Talk about priorities.

All the while ed make ww2 fighters, maps and the f18 but nobody complains.

I start to wonder if you are really objective in your Defence of this third party dev. Is it only because you enjoy the Mirage ?

The F5 has also a radar and it works well! The Mirage doesn't. This is NOT ED problem.

The Viggen has a NAV system with drift and it works well. The Mirage doesn't. This is NOT ED problem.

The Viggen and the F5 as a correct weapon deployment. The Mirage doesn't. This is not ED problem.

The F5 has a correct CCM, yet simple by its design, the Mirage doesn't. This is NOT ED problem.

Why do you intentionally want to blur the lines and say that these basic problems in the implementation and coding are because of the changing DCS platform and ED itself. Clearly they are not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With time all this "problems" will be solved.

So the question is:

Are people able to just wait for that and enjoy what we have now or we must bear all this endeless complaining for months?

i´m so tired to read over and over again the complain list. We all know what is right and what is incomplete. There are literally an ARMY of people with the only target is to remind us all the problems on a daily basis.

Razbam knows about all of that.

We know all of that.

Just ENJOY DCS as it is and wait for further development. And if some people dont like the situation and feel the need for complain again about the exact same things PLEASE, take a walk on the park, make some sports, drink some beer, watch TV but let us rest a little. Please.

This is only A HOBBY, for God sake.

• Like 2

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I start to wonder if you are really objective in your Defence of this third party dev. Is it only because you enjoy the Mirage ?

The F5 has also a radar and it works well! The Mirage doesn't. This is NOT ED problem.

The Viggen has a NAV system with drift and it works well. The Mirage doesn't. This is NOT ED problem.

The Viggen and the F5 as a correct weapon deployment. The Mirage doesn't. This is not ED problem.

The F5 has a correct CCM, yet simple by its design, the Mirage doesn't. This is NOT ED problem.

Why do you intentionally want to blur the lines and say that these basic problems in the implementation and coding are because of the changing DCS platform and ED itself. Clearly they are not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you keep attacking the mirage. Constantly over the same handful of bugs.

What is your problem? You can always ask for a refund and stop up using it if it so frustrating.

The f5 radar is elementary compared to the mirage maybe that has something to do?

The viggen can't rearm so I don't give a crap about ins drift.

It's your right to point out what you don't like but frankly people can fly and enjoy the mirage the way it is. Despite the very aggressive and vocal minority here that want to convince otherwise based on a few bugs that are actually declared as wip by devs.

And no I am not affiliated to Razbam in any way if that's what you imply. Do you make the insinuations about everyone that disagrees with you? Do you also want us to uninstall the module and ask for a refund as well?

Really ?!? And you still keep on believing for months

There are literally an ARMY of people with the only target is to remind us all the problems on a daily basis.Razbam knows about all of that.

That's because it was promised and nobody has done anything for months.

And you still cannot see it... for God sake!

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

I'm drinking beer and watching TV. Maybe that is the cause i dont see It.

Now keep complaining. Im going to open another beer i promised myself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Why the quote marks? Razbam recognizes that there are problems,but you don´t...

Think BIG man,think BIG and Aim high!

Enjoy your beer!

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Because with the beer bottle in my hand i am to lazy to copy all the message. Nothing else.

They are only quote marks. Dont search for any conspiracy theory.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Everything in dcs is a placeholder or an approximation. Radar behavior, countermeasures, ecm dm are all fc3

I am not even speaking about this kind of thing. FC3 modules are pretty finished. Maybe they are not as realistic as some want, but their limitations are "software design choices" as i explained before. Inside the defined "sotfware design choice" perimeter, theses modules are finished and "well done". The M2K module, is probably more detailed and complexe than FC3 modules, but inside the defined "sotfware design choice" perimeter, it is not finished... and in fact, if we consider only the basic requirement for a "finished appearence", like for example, graphical fidelity and basic standard of realisation, the M2K have serious problems in some aspect... the HUD symbology to name it, this is precisely why i made a mod for...

The fact is that many people are focalized on "simulation fidelity", often without understanding that within a game, or if you prefer, an enhenced public software who runs on common computers, you cannot have something as realistic as you are dreaming for. The "realism" many people are looking for is just a big dream... since i am perfectly lucid about this point, my focus is on others things...

Edited by sedenion