Mirage Status

Joni

A bit less attitude? For someone who made over 50 posts shitting and spitting on the Mirage, just to end up with "I won't buy the Mirage unless Razbam do this" demands, and then to start attacking people who take notice, just seems a bit...

Where did he shot on the Mirage? He doesn't own it and he asked for advice. That's a weird comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally decided not to buy it until Razbam redirects some resources to the Mirage.

Thanks everyone for your kind replies during the last weeks.

Im going to go for a Hotas system instead.

How do you know what resources are utilized on the mirage? Do you have access in razbams office? Your statement sounds dismissive of the developers and the module and frankly I find it uncalled for from someone not invested in their product.

Enjoy your hotas. And do look out for a sale. The mirage is a blast to fly and fight in and that comes from a guy who hates fbw in sims.

Sorry for any offenses I might've caused. Lets leave it there.

THanks for the support.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

How do you know what resources are utilized on the mirage? Do you have access in razbams office? Your statement sounds dismissive of the developers and the module and frankly I find it uncalled for from someone not invested in their product.

Enjoy your hotas. And do look out for a sale. The mirage is a blast to fly and fight in and that comes from a guy who hates fbw in sims.

Th focus has shifted to the Harrier. Just look at Zeus work. Before attacking other fellow forumers please inform yourself about the projects at least.

Anyway, a decent HOTAS is a must to fully enjoy this kind of module. So it makes sense to buy the HOTAS first :thumbup:

Agreed, a good hotas you can trust is a bit expensive but game experience is really magnified with it. You'll probably want a tracking device too if you're into dogfights, but you can DIY a decent trackIR, saves the money for the good hotas ;)

I have never used a HOTAS for any of this modules. I have full HOTAS functionality with all my little cheap sticks.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Th focus has shifted to the Harrier. Just look at Zeus work. Before attacking other fellow forumers please inform yourself about the projects at least.

I know all about the harrier. The mirage is quite good now actually and Zeus said the things being worked on will take time to implement not so long ago.

Also ED is working on engine upgrades so it is normal things won't get worked on until their upgrades to the game are released.

Besides i didn't attack anyone. I spoke my opinion about dismissing someone's work and continuous effort on what is probably the most finished module out there, -sans ED-belsim stuff-, and the only high fidelity 4gen fighter for now.

This whole thread is full of bitching about the mirage from people who actually want a different product, more weapons, better avionics etc, and not the 2000c variant we have.

• Like 1

This whole thread is full of bitching about the mirage from people who actually want a different product, more weapons, better avionics etc, and not the 2000c variant we have.

@dimitrischal : You've got right for part of remarks... I'm agree with you, this is a M2000C not another plane.... But some posts are true too, and in that case, I'm not agree with you and some bugs must be fixed. Zeus67 said that Harrier became the high priority because of E3... But now, Harrier is still the high priority ! I can understand but I hope that RAZBAM will ajust M2000C defaults (announced new avionic) or fix bugs (like : INS realignment) ASAP...

Actually, no news ... even on FM ...

So wait and see !

Edited by sunski34

@dimitrischal : You've got right for part of remarks... I'm agree with you, this is a M2000C not another plane.... But some posts are true too, and in that case, I'm not agree with you and some bugs must be fixed. Zeus67 said that Harrier became the high priority because of E3... But now, Harrier is still the high priority ! I can understand but I hope that RAZBAM will ajust M2000C defaults (announced new avionic) or fix bugs (like : INS realignment) ASAP...

Actually, no news ... even on FM ...

So wait and see !

Still this is a pretty solid product and not abandoned as the general vibe on this thread would have it be.

People might not care about the harrier but I am sure razbam have not abandoned the mirage. I believe waiting instead of demanding temporary bug fixes is a wise move at least at this point with all these updates on the core functionality of the game being worked on by ED.

Even other highly polished modules have their lingering FM issues for some time now. Razbam were always open and informative about their work.

I am not a fanboy but a happy customer and Still think the mirage is a blast in its current state.

I know all about the harrier. The mirage is quite good now actually and Zeus said the things being worked on will take time to implement not so long ago.

Also ED is working on engine upgrades so it is normal things won't get worked on until their upgrades to the game are released.

Besides i didn't attack anyone. I spoke my opinion about dismissing someone's work and continuous effort on what is probably the most finished module out there, -sans ED-belsim stuff-, and the only high fidelity 4gen fighter for now.

First, he didn't dismiss Razbam work, he didn't say the module is bad, he actually doesn't own it. He said that for now, the product is unfinished and he won't buy it for NOW. It's his right and it's a good decision since he doesn't have an infinite budget and prefers to put it on a HOTAS or a finished product.

Second, what's missing in the Mirage has nothing to do with engine update.

At this moment the mirage 2000 is my goto module for Nevada. I do love the viggen too, but Nevada does not have water.

I cannot fly in Normandy at this moment, as I fly in VR and performance is not ok for me.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

I would love to get the harrier, unfortunately i won`t, because i cannot trust razbam to deliver what it has promised. 1 year and 7 months have passed and the module is in a semi abandoned state while the team works on the next module. Also with so many modules on the horizon it would simply not be ok to buy a module and wait for 2 years for it to reach release state. Also i wonder since this has been released on steam as being future complete what is to stop razbam from keeping the module as it is now?

Edited by Slims

He said that for now, the product is unfinished and he won't buy it for NOW.

I finally decided not to buy it until Razbam redirects some resources to the Mirage.

there are different ways of telling the same sentence. i can understand when someone tries to understand where he has his information from.

Anyhow, i would like to know more of the state of the Mirage, i read alot of missing systems and its unfinished, but all i know is that the rader should have an AG mode? can someone help me understand what most people are complaining about? i read through the stickis but couldnt find the missing systems.

thx in advance

SFMBE

First, he didn't dismiss Razbam work, he didn't say the module is bad, he actually doesn't own it. He said that for now, the product is unfinished and he won't buy it for NOW. It's his right and it's a good decision since he doesn't have an infinite budget and prefers to put it on a HOTAS or a finished product.

Second, what's missing in the Mirage has nothing to do with engine update.

I respected his right and wished him well on his hotas if you read above but usually people need hands on time on a product to label it as unfinished. Not 7 pages of forum posts.

Claiming the m2000 is unfinished then what is finished in dcs? Nothing is, most major modules have major bugs except for the a10 which is the oldest.

Everything missing with the mirage is not a deal breaker either, especially for someone learning it from start, maybe don't sink as much in details and actually enjoy?

If those bugs weren't reported he wouldn't have found them on his own probably so...

@whaaw

I don't see important missing systems other than the A/G radar, maybe the DO/RDO but this is an very special and not very known system so it's not important for the moment.

Because it's long to write, I will say some of it :

- Some HUD symbology

- Alert altitude

- Some magic missile function like cone search

- Some INS functions like desired route

This is what I can think of at 2am :D

But the above doesn't prevent you from flying and being good with it.

Now that it isn't 2am, I remembrer more :D

I will add those :

- Some small radar bugs like antenna reset when lock is lost

- Missing BAP-100

- Not correctly implemented Belugas (RB waiting on ED for the correct bomb template)

- FM tweaking (that is to be fixed next update)

- Master mode logic update (Next thing Zeus will do)

- Small quirks with the RWR

- INS bugs like INS update

As said above, while some are annoying, none of those are preventing me (and my squadron) from using the aircraft and even kick ass with it :).

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Still this is a pretty solid product and not abandoned as the general vibe on this thread would have it be.

People might not care about the harrier but I am sure razbam have not abandoned the mirage. I believe waiting instead of demanding temporary bug fixes is a wise move at least at this point with all these updates on the core functionality of the game being worked on by ED.

Even other highly polished modules have their lingering FM issues for some time now. Razbam were always open and informative about their work.

I am not a fanboy but a happy customer and Still think the mirage is a blast in its current state.

For me, it's just a question of roadmap : what and when ... Like you I think it's better having a good update than several little unfunctionnal ones. So waiting when knowing roadmap is not a problem.

As a custumer, I just want to have visibility... even for the update of the documentation

Regards

I respected his right and wished him well on his hotas if you read above but usually people need hands on time on a product to label it as unfinished. Not 7 pages of forum posts.

Claiming the m2000 is unfinished then what is finished in dcs? Nothing is, most major modules have major bugs except for the a10 which is the oldest.

Everything missing with the mirage is not a deal breaker either, especially for someone learning it from start, maybe don't sink as much in details and actually enjoy?

If those bugs weren't reported he wouldn't have found them on his own probably so...

I dont know how deeply you are following the Mirage but it is clearly unfinished. Razbam themselves don't claim that it is finished.

MyHellJumper listed some of the unfinished thing. For me 2 unfinished things that are key to claim the finished brand:

- Implement the correct PCA/HOTAS system. What we have now is more like a place holder

- Correct the Radar behavior in normal mode and especially in CCM

I dont want to mention the modules of other devs here, but yes there are finished modules in DCS.

AFAIK M-2000C radar has a A-G mode, though pretty basic (more a ground avoidance one).

Anyway, this cannot be implemented until ED finishes work on their A-G radar, so it is not considered as a "core" M-2000C system.

Honestly, huge majority of the systems are there and are functional. FM needs some tweaking, but the team is on it. Some minor things in the INS still need to be added, manual needs an update, but looking at the whole picture I think that talking about lots of missing systems is a big exaggeration. And the plane is really nice to fly!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I dont know how deeply you are following the Mirage but it is clearly unfinished. Razbam themselves don't claim that it is finished.

MyHellJumper listed some of the unfinished thing. For me 2 unfinished things that are key to claim the finished brand:

- Implement the correct PCA/HOTAS system. What we have now is more like a place holder

- Correct the Radar behavior in normal mode and especially in CCM

I dont want to mention the modules of other devs here, but yes there are finished modules in DCS.

You are focusing on a tree and missing the forest. If you wanna claim its unfinished fine. I only fly the mirage online as I don't fly the fc3 crap and have never had a problem with it. Do I expect some stuff changed or fixed? Sure. Do I find these things a deal breaker?

No

Mirage Status

You are focusing on a tree and missing the forest. If you wanna claim its unfinished fine. I only fly the mirage online as I don't fly the fc3 crap and have never had a problem with it. Do I expect some stuff changed or fixed? Sure. Do I find these things a deal breaker?

No

Sir, some people are on DCS to enjoy a realistic simulation, as close as possible to the real thing. The way armament works is totally not real. The CCM bug is very annoying in real combat, the radar resetting in a weird way.

If you insist in calling it finished, I can't argue in that more than this. For me finished means, well, finished ...

Edited by TomCatMucDe

I guess it's just due to the lack of time I have in tactical jets in general and the Mirage 2000C in particular that makes me think that this is a tremendously satisfying module to fly, and has been from the time I have had it on my HD. I would recommend this beauty to anyone interested in seeing what it's like to fly the Mirage. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

some people are on DCS to enjoy a realistic simulations, as close as possible to the real thing. The way armament works is totally not real. The CCM bug is very annoying in real combat, the radar resetting in a weird way.

For me finished means, well, finished ...

Perfect! I couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb