F-16

SparxOne

F/A 18 tech does open quite a few doors for future high tech models with ground radar etc, so......Maybe one day I guess? The only problem with a DCS F16 is the many many others from that "other sim" complaining here in the forum about how it's not as good, has no dynamic campaign, missiles etc etc. Not being negative here and would love the see the F16 in DCS. Still, SiThSpAwN would have a full time job it the F16 section of the forum here that's for sure, lol.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

And then the endless complaints about why we did not get F-16A/B/C/D/E/I/N/XL/79/AFTI/AGILE/ADF Block XX...

That is the one that is going to get most people confused or frustrated.

Terzi;

Not trying to pick on you, just asking you since you started the thread.

On your Sig, you say you want a F-16C block 50, which one would you prefer?

USAF version? or Greek, Oman, Chile's? What year? USAF Block 50 in the late 90 had different capabilities and mission that they do now, so what year?

Which one of these block 50 where you talking about?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

At least we can have a nice picture of an F-16 3D Model :)

snka5V1.jpg

Source

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

I heard ED have finished the DCS F-16C module and it is totally bug free, but they are just waiting for 1,600,000th time someone starts an F-16 thread.

;)

Shouldn't be too long now...

• Like 1

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Okay this thread also turned into speculations and critics thread. Please stop criticizing me about why I opened this topic. If you don't have something valuable to say please stop mocking. I did not open this to beg for F-16 module or to dictate a specific delivery time.

My purpose was to learn about the situation of F-16 in DCS from officials. If they don't want to answer, then they don't answer and that's it.

• Like 1

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

That is the one that is going to get most people confused or frustrated.

Terzi;

Not trying to pick on you, just asking you since you started the thread.

On your Sig, you say you want a F-16C block 50, which one would you prefer?

USAF version? or Greek, Oman, Chile's? What year? USAF Block 50 in the late 90 had different capabilities and mission that they do now, so what year?

Which one of these block 50 where you talking about?

Nothing specific. Actually any F-16 block 50, 50+ or 52 would be nice from my point of view :smilewink:

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

• ED Team

My purpose was to learn about the situation of F-16 in DCS from officials. If they don't want to answer, then they don't answer and that's it.

There will be no official response as ED do not comment on projects anymore until they are close to finish / ready for marketing.

So apart from the renders some years ago there is no news on the F-16.

hope that helps

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I find it quite perplexing that an F-16 isn't in development, not by ED nor by any 3rd parties, given that it is such an iconic aircraft and that there is abundant information on it (obviously also having been done before by BMS).

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Lord knows F-16C Block50/52 hi fidelity sim with professional flight model and advanced systems modeling is needed, and would be welcomed.

However Sniper pod and APG-63(V) radar, guided and AA weapons, sensors, and JHMQS, and communication systems are somewhat classified, and DCS has policy of using only unclassified data. Since F-16C is still in use on every continent except Australia and Antarctica, and is still in production, there is much at stake. So there would have to be a lot of compromises and unsupported systems. A-10C suffers from that.

However F-16C is single most important air system in NATO , allied Middle East, and Asian air forces, and many DCA, OCA air-ground tactics revolve around F-16C platform.

Hell, I'd be happy with an F-16A

• Like 1

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Okay this thread also turned into speculations and critics thread. Please stop criticizing me about why I opened this topic. If you don't have something valuable to say please stop mocking. I did not open this to beg for F-16 module or to dictate a specific delivery time.

No need to get upset, you should have known what would be the outcome of creating a thread. If you wanted only "official world" send a private message next time to ED personnel or one of the modererators, and you will either get and answer or not.

Nothing specific. Actually any F-16 block 50, 50+ or 52 would be nice from my point of view :smilewink:

Ok, fair enough. I was just curious since many block 20, 40, 42, 50, 52, 50+, 52+, ect. have similar avionics and capabilities but are different enough to get confusing.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 1 month later...

DCS World would benefit from a F-16CJ (CeeJay) A dedicated SEAD mission aircraft. I suggest that everybody read the book "Viper Pilot: A Memoir of Air Combat " by Dan Hampton.

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

DCS World would benefit from a F-16CJ (CeeJay) A dedicated SEAD mission aircraft. I suggest that everybody read the book "Viper Pilot: A Memoir of Air Combat " by Dan Hampton.

Does that tell us whether ED are developing one then? :music_whistling::music_whistling:

Looking forward to the next F-16 thread, this one is excellent!

Wan't enough memes and eye candy or fighting for a really decent F-16 thread IMO.

Does that tell us whether ED are developing one then? :music_whistling::music_whistling:

Looking forward to the next F-16 thread, this one is excellent!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *