F-16

SparxOne

It is suspicious that no F-16 was ever announced by 3rd party developers for DCS. Also ED was already working on a F-16 many years (and changed plans) ago, when DCS was first announced. Thus I fully expect that the F-16 will be EDs next jetfighter after the F/A-18C, but I do not expect anything before ca. 2020.

And did anybody check with Benchmark Sim guys if they would be interested on transfering their BMS F-16 into DCS? It should be a no brainer decision shouldn't it.

Regards

Benchmark folks aren't interested in working on DCS, and I for one, find this better, the more sims, the more options, and the more options, the better. They have been asked multiple times over the years, and they have answered the same. The difference between the DCS and BMS in flavor, and what strong suites each offer where the other does not is much wider than a single aircraft, and from what I understand that's one of the reasons why they want to stay with the engine they have.

Porting the work wouldn't be an overly easy task either even if they looked warmer on the idea.

I wouldn't be suprised if ED bring out a F-16 a few years after the Hornet, perhaps even a couple years. So I would say it will eventually arrive. Also, like people have said, they were at some point in past, considering to create an F-16, and did put some work on it. They may use some of it and pick it back up like they apparently have done with the L-39. With Hornet laying the groundwork in features such as air-ground radar, and with the F-16 being much easier to find documentation on, it may be sooner than what we are accustomed to as a development period for a complex module.

However, I can't help but say again that, with the arrival of the Hornet, I just really can't find this incessant wishing for the Viper to be understandable, especially seeing as there is a virtual Viper to fly meanwhile. DCS has a boatload of aircraft to enjoy, and even for the hardcore "I only care about 4th gen fighters" hard-heads soon there will be at least 3-4 options to choose from :). And if one is more open minded about older aircraft as well, and also the helicopters, DCS should entertain one for a long, long time until the possible arrival of a DCS:F-16.

Edit: Oh well... I guess there may be one specific reason for craving for Viper specifically in DCS, as the other option does not have VR support. I guess I am just too old school and just don't care about the VR at all, but many people are exact opposite and won't go a step back from VR so it can be slightly understandble for them not feeling like having a F-16 sim option.

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

If your far fetched prediction holds true, then I'd just like to point out that the last aircraft in the intro is a MiG-29..... So without jumping to any conclusions, full fidelity F-16 and MiG-29 confirmed. :D

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Hold on a second..... I just did some next level brain exercises and realized that we're getting fully modeled Nimitz- and Kustnetzov-class carriers for DCS. The Nimitz to go with the F/A-18C, but the Kusnetzov for the.....? Now, I've always said that the MiG-29K/KR would be the perfect counterpart to the F/A-18C. It just hit me that they might actually be modelling it. The 29K/KR is an all-weather, carrier capable aircraft with an armament consisting of anti-ship and anti-radiation missiles, as well as TV/laser guided bombs and missiles. It has A-A, A-G, and terrain following radar. It's basically the F/A-18C's Russian step-brother. It'd also make sense to model it so the RedFor fanboys finally get their first modern full-fidelity fighter.

Now, I know how happy the Russian authorities are about handing out blueprints and flight manuals to sim-devs, not to mention licensing. But I don't see why you would include an F-16 and a MiG-29 in a teaser unless your modeling them. And come on, even though the F-16 hasn't been confirmed, we all know it's coming. Having a modern combat flight sim without the F-16 is like making a game depicting D-Day without M1 Garands.

It almost makes too much sense not to be true! Well well, I guess only time will tell... :D

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

but the Kusnetzov for the.....?

Su-33 that has been in the sim for like a decade using the Kuznetsov and is going to get a flight model update in foreseable future.

Or so would the occam's razor suggest...

But I don't see why you would include an F-16 and a MiG-29 in a teaser unless your modeling them.

Because they are cool fighter jets and you are trying to promote a combat flight sim to an audience that may be interested in combat aircraft, and you use the most popular ones in imagery?

Edit:

The truth is out there............................ Somewhere.

Yup... this whole thread needs a huge X-Files banner over it :D

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Su-33 that has been in the sim for like a decade using the Kuznetsov and is going to get a flight model update in foreseable future.

I know, I just find it a bit odd to create a full-fidelity carrier for a FC3 module, that's all.

Because they are cool fighter jets and you are trying to promote a combat flight sim to an audience that may be interested in combat aircraft, and you use the most popular ones in imagery?

Yeah sure, it just seems a bit deceptive to me if they were in fact only modeling the F/A-18C. Also, the F-18 is confirmed, the F-16 has been WIP for a couple of years now behind the scenes, and not making an F-16 would be the most questionable business decision ED's ever made. And why would they include a MiG-29 next to them? Just seems a bit fishy to me. Fishy in a good way. :D

Yup... this whole thread needs a huge X-Files banner over it :D

Hahaha, can someone ask Sith to add it to the top of the page? :lol:

DCS Wishlist:

I know, I just find it a bit odd to create a full-fidelity carrier for a FC3 module, that's all.

Why? Im sure that the carrier will be paid DLC.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

The F-16 was short listed for future DCS titles in a staff post several years ago. They did say no promises, but work on the cockpit has actually started then and shared pictures with us.

Ah man dont make me search for that post. Must have been like 7 years ago.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• ED Team
The F-16 was short listed for future DCS titles in a staff post several years ago. They did say no promises, but work on the cockpit has actually started then and shared pictures with us.

Ah man dont make me search for that post. Must have been like 7 years ago.

No one is saying it wont ever happen, just saying they don't generally make big announcements with trickery in a video intro...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

At 1:02 i thought in a moment that Wags will say: what are those F-15C 's doing there lol.gif

Since we have had an F-15C in the game for years, a comment like that would not have made sense.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

My "idea" for that intro was sort of a throwback to the old "Jane's Combat Simulations" intro.. Obviously not quite at that level, but I thought it would be fun with some jets in there.. :P

Especially the F-16 :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your far fetched prediction holds true, then I'd just like to point out that the last aircraft in the intro is a MiG-29..... So without jumping to any conclusions, full fidelity F-16 and MiG-29 confirmed. :D

Then I'm gonna in sim heaven. My simming life is complete :D

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze