Civilian planes

Neon

In flightrader24 , I find a Hawaiian Airlines' Airbus A330 flies from MCAS Iwakuni / Japan to Andersen AFB / Guam.

QS_20220120-112452.jpg

It maybe a charter flight.

And in researching HAL's charter data, also Antonio B. Won Pat International Airport is sometimes used by HAL as US military charters to Kadena AFB / Japan.

Edited by western_JPN
  • Like 1

Haha I mean it’s sort of funny but is that a known bug? I like forcing IFF and making the players unsure beyond visual range but kicking from the server is going to result in having to yank it from missions unfortunately. 

Hi.

All of my Boeing 747 liveries and its material texture pack are updated as "Revision 2".

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-western0221/apply/

Their windows and doors' size and positions are edited more historical.

Current "Revision 2" is not compatible to old "Revision 1" each other. Please download the new packages and update when you have Revision 1s. 

• Thanks 2

Any chance of some assistance with the issue of having folks kicked off a mp server when one of these gets shot down? Beautiful mod but if that’s how it will function I am afraid I may have to go without it unfortunately. Beautiful work and I like the opportunities it gives us but a crash is just to annoying for most players to deal with. 

I spent some time this weekend fixing up the airliner and Cessna files.

Mostly fixed performance numbers related to max speed and altitudes, Vr, the associated rotation angle, and generally matching performance metrics to each platform (vice copy/paste the same stuff for each). Sources cited throughout in comments. They behave better now in all phases of flight.

The Cessna in particular got some additional performance tuning to match real-world numbers and some additional sophistication in propeller modeling.

I also fixed up the RCS as best as possible with the limited modeling DCS offers.

Offered As Is -- No Warranty. No guarantees. No support. All sales final.

CAM_HawaiianRyan.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

• 1 month later...

Where can I find the latest version of this mod?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

9 minutes ago, VFGiPJP said:

Where can I find the latest version of this mod?

https://cam.em-key.de

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

The landing and taxi lights aren't behaving correctly for me. They don't turn on for approach or taxi. I noticed in the lua files the lights_data for each aircraft is calling argument 208 and 209. If I look at the models in model viewer the landing lights are argument 51. Changing it to use arg 51 gets them to turn on but the lights don't illuminate the aircraft or ground. Here's whats currently in the lua files for landing/taxi lights.

[2] = { typename = "collection",
                    lights = {-- 1=Landing light -- 2=Landing/Taxi light
                        {typename = "spotlight", connector = "MAIN_SPOT_PTR", argument = 209,color = {1, 1, 1}, dir_correction = {elevation = math.rad(-1)}},
                        {typename = "spotlight", connector = "MAIN_SPOT_PTR", argument = 208,color = {1, 1, 1}, dir_correction = {elevation = math.rad(3)}},
                            }

Anyone have any ideas to fix this?

Edited by bandit648

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

On 4/2/2022 at 4:53 PM, bandit648 said:

The landing and taxi lights aren't behaving correctly for me. They don't turn on for approach or taxi. I noticed in the lua files the lights_data for each aircraft is calling argument 208 and 209. If I look at the models in model viewer the landing lights are argument 51. Changing it to use arg 51 gets them to turn on but the lights don't illuminate the aircraft or ground. Here's whats currently in the lua files for landing/taxi lights.

[2] = { typename = "collection",
                    lights = {-- 1=Landing light -- 2=Landing/Taxi light
                        {typename = "spotlight", connector = "MAIN_SPOT_PTR", argument = 209,color = {1, 1, 1}, dir_correction = {elevation = math.rad(-1)}},
                        {typename = "spotlight", connector = "MAIN_SPOT_PTR", argument = 208,color = {1, 1, 1}, dir_correction = {elevation = math.rad(3)}},
                            }

Anyone have any ideas to fix this?

write for "spotlight" and "omnilight" simply omit light "spot" and "omni". or use my light entries.

Lights.zip

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Urbi said:

write for "spotlight" and "omnilight" simply omit light "spot" and "omni". or use my light entries.

Lights.zip 37.79 kB · 4 downloads

Thank you! I had just started re-writing the lights_data to fix it myself. This saves me some time and looks great. 

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there.

Just released a set of over a dozen skins representing the 3 Israeli commercial carriers Arkia, El Al and Israir.

come check it out on our IDF Mods discord - our liveries channel 

https://discord.gg/hVqdRVND

The liveries were made with the excellent templates made by DimOn

CBC8A24D-B078-4672-B239-C66AD54CFD0A.png

96EDBB7E-4E35-4B70-A9DF-984373B8C96A.png

10A3C5CA-E54B-4873-ADDC-3DD7D55EE912.png

15FBECE6-4757-4D9E-920F-F08191F0C964.png

Edited by Vine_dog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...