VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Can someone tell me what the BCN blinking on my voicom radio display means ???

I have an issue. its seems like when I do a DCS replay, it's calling the comms menu according to thins blinking during live play.

thanks

bump ?

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I've turned easy comms off so that I have to select the correct radio frequency and for some reason, I kind of expected that if I select 131.000MHz for Batumi ATC, I would automatically be connected to Batumi ATC. However, when I say 'Batumi, inbound', it doesn't appear to work that way. It recognises the command with a confidence of 96-98 but if there is an airport or farp closer on a different frequency, communications seem to be directed to that radio station instead. So I say, 'Batumi, inbound' and the comms is repeated as PLAYER: Dallas, Colt1-1, inbound'. When I look in the comms menu, I notice it is occupied by the 10 closest radio stations and Dallas occupies F1 so if I want to communicate with Batumi and it's on F4, I have to use the menu. This breaks immersion for me and defeats the purpose of Vaicom. Does anyone know if there is a way to stop this happening?

@Laithar The correct airfield name must be used and recognized: if the airfield name is not recognized in your command the system will default to the currently selected ATC, which means the nearest tower if none was selected previously.

So the trick is to make sure that the recipient name is properly set before completing the call. Leave a small pause e.g. "Batumi,..(small pause)..Inbound".

@Immel The beacon has to do with the data communication between DCS and the plugin. Your blinking on replay may point to an installation problem,

but that should resolve itself anyway when plugin 2.5.5 becomes available in a few days.

Plugin 2.5.5 features an automatic updater so people will no longer have to worry about downloading and installing plugin updates themselves.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@Laithar The correct airfield name must be used and recognized: if the airfield name is not recognized in your command the system will default to the currently selected ATC, which means the nearest tower if none was selected previously.

So the trick is to make sure that the recipient name is properly set before completing the call. Leave a small pause e.g. "Batumi,..(small pause)..Inbound".

@Hollywood Yes, that is what I've been doing since I got VAICOM but now it's not working. I didn't know if I'd unknowingly turned off another setting. I say 'Batumi', voice attack beeps to tell me it requires additional input then I say 'inbound' and voice attack marries the two together and gives a beep at a different pitch to say accepted.

The voice attack shows as follows:

Joystick: 'Transmit TX2 press'

Listening resumed

Recognized:'batumi' (Confidence 90)

(awaiting additional input)

Recognized: 'inbound' (Confidence 88(

TX2 | UHF: [batumi],[ ],[ ] Inbound [ ][ ]

Joystick: 'Transmit TX2 release'

Edit: Just noticed despite DCS showing Easy Comms off, the green screen of the VAICOM plugin is saying it's ON. Toggling Easy Comms in DCS makes no difference to the VAICOM display

Edited by Laithar

Just noticed despite DCS showing Easy Comms off, the green screen of the VAICOM plugin is saying it's ON. Toggling Easy Comms in DCS makes no difference to the VAICOM display

That points to a problem with your lua install: have a look in the five lua files mentioned on manual page 33, try removing all VAICOM PRO code blocks and restart VA.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Thanks for the reply Hollywood. I removed the VCOM PRO blocks as requested and restarted VA but it made no difference. Then I noticed the Export.lua had a block from version 2.5.3. Removed and everything is working wonderful again.

Thank You!!!

+++ Release update 2.5.5 +++

Greetings all,

VAICOM PRO plugin version 2.5.5 can now be downloaded:

https://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

This version includes an automatic plugin updater, so this should be the last time you have to download and install an update yourself :D

Existing installations: replace your VAICOMPRO.dll with the new one from the download, restart VA, done.

Changelog:

- Updated beacon function with bugfix for easy comms off,

- Added automatic plugin updater,

- Revised F10 menu import function with fixes,

- Revised lua code handling for more robustness,

- Better Garmin NS430 tolerance,

- Improved compatibility for various MP servers.

Enjoy!

Hollywood

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

VAICOM PRO questions

Hello,

I've been flying dcs for a while and last week I discovered Voice attack with the VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS. I bought them both and installed. Voice attack responds to the commands I'm giving and I hear the beep that it has registered what I said.

But in DCS itself nothing is happening but the on screen radio comands that are flipping out (not registering anything but randomly coming on screen and going away again).

I did everything stated in the manual and added the lua files manually. Watched a dozen youtube videos but still cannot get it to work.

Is this a steam issue or is it me thats screwing up?

You can find the Voiceattack log included down here and I hope somebody can help

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lixx4n843x3hb7k/Vaicomlog.jpg?dl=0

Jan

Greetings all,

VAICOM PRO plugin version 2.5.5 can now be downloaded:

https://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

This version includes an automatic plugin updater, so this should be the last time you have to download and install an update yourself :D

Existing installations: replace your VAICOMPRO.dll with the new one from the download, restart VA, done.

Changelog:

- Updated beacon function with bugfix for easy comms off,

- Added automatic plugin updater,

- Revised F10 menu import function with fixes,

- Revised lua code handling for more robustness,

- Better Garmin NS430 tolerance,

- Improved compatibility for various MP servers.

Enjoy!

Hollywood

Thanks Hollywood. Working great so far and the bug looks fixed. Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

No reply back from DCS

[EDIT]

Never mind. I updated to 2.5.5 and now it works as expected.

I can't get VAICOM PRO to work. What happens is I ...

1. Set up a mission out of Batumi (Caucasus) with A10C, hot from parkling, and start it

2. Dial the correct frequency (131.0Mhz) for VHF1

3. (Using TM Hotas Warthoh) hold TX1 and say: "batumi" ...

4. I hear a 'beep' and continue: "request taci to runway"

5. DCS confirms with output: "PLAYER: Batumi, Enfield 1-1, request taxi to runway"

But then there is no reply from the tower.

I'm running VPRO in debug mode. I have confirmed the .lua files are correctly installed. Here's the VA output from my voice command:

e5TnDBf.png

At the bottom it seems VA/VAICOM PRO recognizes "batumi" as the recipient but then, at the top, it says "unspecified recipient called: using default unit for this category".

Also, possibly related: I have "Easy Communication" set to OFF in the game options but VAICOM PRO PTT page looks like this:

cLRnqqF.png

Edited by moggel
Issue resolved

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

Thanks but, if recognition was the problem, would I see the DCS output anyway ("PLAYER: Batumi, Enfield 1-1, request taxi to runway")? That, to me, indicates VAICOM PRO did pick up the command and sent it to DCS. Or am I assuming wrong here?

Anyway, it works after upgrading to VAICOM PRO 2.5.5 so I guess it was an issue it the 2.5.4 version?

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

My point was that DCS sometimes doesn't react to "request taxi....", but will react to "request takeoff". Whether it is a logic issue, relating to where you are in the dialogue with the tower when you make the request or whatever, i don't know, but request takeoff does seem to have the same effect as request taxi to runway, when you are not already at the threshold of the runway.

Edit: ah, never mind. i see that you have fixed it now, so all's good.

Hi due to the last DCS update is causing CTD I decided, after updated, revert to the prior release. Altough VA is working outside DCS, is not inside. I thought was the "38" "13" issue but is not working with FA-18 neither A10. Any ideas what is might be happening?

Thanks!

Incoming F-14?

Hi Hollywood. Have you had any contact with Heatblur, about their soon-to-be-released F14 mod? From their latest update, it would appear that they've been working on a new interface with the peep in the back seat, RIO, and I wondered if this might also work with VAICOM PRO? It's not clear whether they're using the radio, hence my question about whether you've been in touch.

It'd be great, particularly for VR users, if we could talk to the RIO, in a similar way to the way we can talk to the flight.

Edit: thinking about it, which is usually the better route, even if they don't use the radio system, as long as they provide commands, I suppose those could be easily added to the VA profile. Let's see what they do.

Edited by Greyman

Problems communicating with Stennis.

Although I have the new version of Viacom that recognizes the Stennis, I still cannot contact it.

When I try to call Stennis and inbound:

Both Stennis and inbound are recognized correctly, but I get following error

Called ATC recipient does not match currently selected unit Dubai Intl.

What am I doing wrong?

I also keep getting following warning:

"The keywords database was updated: apply FINISH steps to update the VA profile."

But the finish button does not copy anything and the steps mentioned in the alert box I cannot follow, as they mention a command that I do not have.

P.S. otherwise the module is a must have for VR. Recognition rate is extremely high.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

I'd try to sort your second problem first, as that might be causing the first.

In VoiceAttack, select the button at the bottom left of the profile screen, to combine all of the commands into a single line. That single line is the command that you need to copy into. If you can't find the button, check out post #893 in this thread.

I'd try to sort your second problem first, as that might be causing the first.

In VoiceAttack, select the button at the bottom left of the profile screen, to combine all of the commands into a single line. That single line is the command that you need to copy into. If you can't find the button, check out post #893 in this thread.

Thanks, but copy what? The finish button does not do anything. I have nothing in the copy/past buffer.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

If you try to copy into notepad, for example, you will see that you do. That field in the command doesn't show its contents at the moment, due to a bug, but it is there

I did copy to notepad and there was nothing.

So, just to make it clear.

I start VoiceAttack and it shows a warning in orange color.

attachment.php?attachmentid=193184&stc=1&d=1535823599

I start vaicom and go to keyword editor. The finish button is orange.

attachment.php?attachmentid=193185&stc=1&d=1535823637

I push the finish button and it pops up a box.

attachment.php?attachmentid=193186&stc=1&d=1535823637

Although the text in the box states that I should have something in my copy/past buffer, I do not. Tested with notepad and notepad++.

So, what am I doing wrong? Every help is appreciated.

vaicom0.png.9beb949511165c1373cd6942a97dbb61.png

vaicom1.png.6a55ed73bd74271e6b081c3be1169da1.png

vaicom3.png.afb39356d1ff6a7d7bca54d9aa26fd4b.png

Edited by kunterbunt