VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hollywood

Thanks for a great AIRIO module - have just had a couple of test flights and the experience is brilliant

Now just have to train it to recognise me saying Jester:megalol:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Do you have to say Jester, or can it be skipped by just using the intercom to talk to him?

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Thanks for the RIO module, instantly bought it even before reading the manual, that said: you say that Jester Menu Wheel and your Plugin are mutually exclusive. Any chance that may be added (back?) in at a later date?

I really like the Menu Wheel and would love to have it as an alternative / a backup when voice recognition fails.

Thanks a lot! :)

Exactly what Shimmergloom said, I´d also love the ability to have the wheel as a backup.

Another thing:

I just set everything up, but I can´t figure out how to get Jester to set up datalink.

I suppose the key is in the sentence "F-14 radio tuning is done using the regular plugin commands (Select)", but I´m a bit lost...

Coool thanks for the feedback. The Wheel may come back in at some point but that's not confirmed at this time..

BTW there seems to be some snag atm that can be affecting keyboard settings, hotfix is underway.

Datalink has it's own commands you can check the reference tables.

No need to say Jester!

Grtz

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hi, I have big problems with the latest version. My game controls are gone (totally empty controls menu) if I have VA running and launch DCS (latest open beta). The problem stays if I run DCS a second time without VA. Everything is back to normal after I run DCS repair and launch DCS without VA.

The problems started today after updating Vaicom. All was good last night.

Edited by cabzi

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

Awesome. I've been waiting for this before I even bothered to start learning the Tomcat.

One thing I've noticed is that sometimes when giving a command, the Jester wheel flashes up on screen and then immediately disappears.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Datalink has it's own commands you can check the reference tables.

No need to say Jester!

Grtz

Thanks, but I still don´t get it ;-)

Maybe someone can jump in and tell me (for Dummies...) what exactly I should say if I want the Datalink set to E3 or the carrier as host radio or if I want Jester´s radio set to another frequency ?

BTW there seems to be some snag atm that can be affecting keyboard settings, hotfix is underway.

I think i may be bitten by this bug, but i have lost all control inputs and track ir. I went into the options under controls and the whole page is blank, just a blue blank screen. I have deleted the luas and repaired dcs and ran dcs without running voice attack and all works fine. I then run VA and let it reinitialize as normal, start the game and the control option page is blank. Plz tell me this is the hot fix your working on?

I have tried to revert back to other versions after this and the problem was still there, I also reverted back to the dcs version before the OB hotfix when everything worked, still a no go.

NVMD someone beat me to it. ;)

Coool thanks for the feedback. The Wheel may come back in at some point but that's not confirmed at this time..

Grtz

I think the biggest thing is that I play in VR so I can't look at a list and I have not used all the commands using the wheel before so I don't remember them all. The wheel is a reference.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

As soon as I run Vaicom pro, I get the intermittent ICS menu's popping up, if I don't use VA, it's fine..

Any suggestions?

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Hollywood - Issue with AIRIO refence in manual. You state

"After VA restart, new keywords will have been added to your alias database. Follow the

regular FINISH steps (see page 39) to update your VA profile with the new keywords."

However page 39 does not contains Finish Steps for VA profile. Searching through the doc we find 1 more reference for "Finish Steps" but no actual page for it.

Thanks.

@lancer that's a typo should be page 30 thanks

@Oban You have some lua install problem, possibly other apps interfering

Try check the 2 mins install fix here

As a courtesy to kneeboard builders: attached is the reference tables in .docx format.

Grtz

VAICOM PRO ref tables.zip

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

@lancer that's a typo should be page 30 thanks

@Oban You have some lua install problem, possibly other apps interfering

Try check the 2 mins install fix here

As a courtesy to kneeboard builders: attached is the reference tables in .docx format.

Grtz

That is fantastic Hollywood. Goed gedaan!:)

BTW I noticed yesterday that when I talk it shows a red bar on the bottom of the VA window. I thought it meant that something was not right but I just saw the same in your install problem form February. I guess it must have been there a while. I remember it showing as a black bar.

Edited by DutchCoolHand

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Just got the AIRIO extension and omg. You guys did it again.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

;3862263']so how do you get jester to tune a specific tacn or datalink freq?

Have the same question. How can I tell Jester to tune a specific radio channel?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I7-9700K -- 32GB RAM -- RTX 4070 -- Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle + WarBRD Base -- Thrustmaster TPR -- Quest 3 

From the included Install Notes

Notes On This Release:

F-14 radio tuning is done using the regular plugin commands (Select).

Not in current release (planned for upcoming updates):

ICS hot mic functionality and TACAN Beacon tuning for TAC (do TACAN TAC tuning manually).

You can have Jester select DL frequencies and any TACAN fixed ground station:

consult the reference tables on User Manual pages 53-58.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

So, a buddy of mine still loses all his keybinds as soon as he starts VoiceAttack with VAICOM 2.5.9.4 - any idea what to do?

As soon as he deactivates VoiceAttack and repairs DCS / restores his binds all is back, so we can reproduce it atm.

Is there a possibility to back up Vaicom settings for a possible reinstall? How do you actually go for a clean reinstall?

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

@Shimmer After repair update plugin to 2.5.9.4 (automatically or manually via download from the website). Then enable AIRIO in EX tab and reset first VA before starting DCS. Confirm VA runs as admin and the plugin is on automatic lua install and/or using Custom Path option.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

So far he didn't buy the AIRIO plugin, that's why he didn't enable AIRIO in EX yet. What happened so far:

- start VA

- auto-update vaicom to 2.5.9.4

- started DCS for the first time -> all keybindings gone (yes, with 2.5.9.4 already)

- shutdown DCS & VA, repair DCS, restart DCS - standard keybinds are back

- shut down DCS

- start VA with 2.5.9.4

- start DCS -> all keybindings gone

So you say even without RIO addin you should enable AIRIO in Ex?

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H