TPOD unexpected update.

Zeus67

Will the 24-01-2018 update for 1.5beta include the latest TPOD fixes ?

They should be included.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Multiple laser spots was fixed but now if cursor is moved during laser fire, it will automatically turn laser SAFE lol.

I placed that as a safety measure. If the measure does not exist, it will be disabled.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I placed that as a safety measure. If the measure does not exist, it will be disabled.

In real life fintuning the laserspot on the target while the bomb is in-flight towards the target should be possible.

Also if the bomb is in-flight towards the taregt and non-combatants are entering the target area, pilot's will move the laser away from the target to hopefully have the bomb impact at an safe area from those non-combatants.

(I have read so in book written by a Danisg F-16 pilot during his missions in Afghanistan).

But - like on the A-10C, the Laser should not be active before few seconds (appr. 8 secs. suffice) before bomb impact. Otherwise the bomb will start to maneuvre towards the target too soon and maybe deplte the energy necessary to reach it´s target.

I have not noticed whether we on the AV-8B / TPOD can read Time To Impact.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

In real life fintuning the laserspot on the target while the bomb is in-flight towards the target should be possible.

Also if the bomb is in-flight towards the taregt and non-combatants are entering the target area, pilot's will move the laser away from the target to hopefully have the bomb impact at an safe area from those non-combatants.

(I have read so in book written by a Danisg F-16 pilot during his missions in Afghanistan).

But - like on the A-10C, the Laser should not be active before few seconds (appr. 8 secs. suffice) before bomb impact. Otherwise the bomb will start to maneuvre towards the target too soon and maybe deplte the energy necessary to reach it´s target.

I have not noticed whether we on the AV-8B / TPOD can read Time To Impact.

Every aircraft uses the TPD differently

A1-AV8BB-TAC-000, page1-409 and 1-410

1.18.4.15.1 Laser Safety. The TPOD is

responsible for laser safety. The TPOD displays

the SAFE legend below PB 6 when power is

applied to the pod to indicate the laser’s safe

status, and when the pod has automatically safed

an armed or firing laser. The TPOD monitors

aircraft Avionics Multiplex Data Bus (AVMUX

BUS) signals to determine when the aircraft is in

an unsafe lasing condition. The TPOD automatically safes the laser when the aircraft is landing,

on the ground, the pod is not in A/G mode, or the

pod goes from a target track mode to the slave

mode. AVMUX BUS signals from different

remote terminals are monitored to provide a

safety network. The TPOD safes the laser when

any of the following conditions are true:

(a) Aircraft is weight−on−wheels,

(b) Aircraft landing gear is down,

© Aircraft indicated airspeed is less than

100 knots,

(d) MC indicates the aircraft is not

in−flight,

(e) TPOD is in NAV or A/A mode,

(f) No target designation,

(g) Master Arm is in the OFF position, or

(h) TPOD format is not displayed on either

the left or right MPCD following expiration of the 15−second TPOD page exit

grace period. See note in the laser firing

section.

Page 1-410 and 411

a. Laser Arming. The TPOD arms the

selected laser and replaces the SAFE legend with

ARM on the TPOD display page when the SAFE

pushbutton (PB 6) is selected, provided all of the

following conditions are met prior to pressing PB

6 and the pod is in a target track mode (See

Figure 1−286):

(a) Aircraft is weight−off−wheels,

(b) Aircraft landing gear is up,

© Aircraft indicated airspeed is greater

than 100 knots,

(d) MC indicates the aircraft is in−flight,

(e) TPOD is in A/G mode,

(f) Designated target,

(g) TPOD format is displayed on either the

left or right MPCD.

(h) Master arm is in the ARM position.

NOTE

If any of the above conditions is not

true when PB 6 is pressed, the TPOD

does not arm the laser, and continues

to display the SAFE legend.

An armed laser is automatically safed

(unarmed) by the pod if any of the above arming

conditions becomes invalid, the ARM legend is

replaced with SAFE, PB 6 resets, and the laser

symbols are removed from below the reticle on

the MPCD and from the HUD. The pilot can

unarm the laser by reselecting PB 6, or by

switching the master arm switch from ARM to

OFF. When the selected laser is armed, two

additional pushbutton options are displayed on

all TPOD operate mode display pages: LRNG

and FIRE (laser fire). LRNG is displayed below

PB 7, and FIRE is displayed below PB 8. When

PB 6 is pressed, and the arming conditions are

met, the DC displays a laser armed L symbol in

the lower left corner of the HUD

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

mvsgas can we get a summary in plain English?

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

mvsgas can we get a summary in plain English?

It appears to work as intended in version 1.5.8.13504.420, no bug AFAIK.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I won’t pretend to know more than anyone else here, but wouldn’t it have to keep firing while moving to allow lasing of moving targets? My understanding is that point track mode isn’t always used for this and often it’s manual slewing. Definitely could be wrong though

I don't think manual TGP slewing is violating any of the conditions you quoting mvsgas.

Before slewing laser works fine, LGB guided jut fine. Why manual slewing touch any of the conditions from (a)~(h)?

Also, Now we have a ability to automatic tracking ground vehicles in TGP(Big thanks to RAZBAM!).

BUT, automatic tracking dose NOT turn laser SAFE. LGB will hit moving target just fine unless you slew TGP manually.

Only manual TGP slewing is causing strange laser SAFINNG behavior.

Edited by opps

Thanks Zeus, the TPOD works pretty nicely and I'm getting solid hits! I'm having a few minor problems though:

1) Is there a quick way to return to TPOD when I have changed the MPCD screen with the sensor select switch. Currently I always have to click OSB for menu and then TPOD.

2)I presume that the axis control is still broken? At least it jitters a lot.

3)Please, fix the level hold autopilot next :)

4)For some reason, even a coarse CCIP solution works a lot better than auto. I tend to get some weird misses with the auto mode.

Edited by Galwran

Greetings,

Apologies if this as already been noted, however I did not see this in the buglist. Just updated to Openbeta 1.5.8.13504 And the AXIS is enabled for TDC and TPOD. Still having some issues with GBU grabbing the Laser. Giving Significant time for Bomb track. Also verifying "L" flashing on TPOD.

Big issue now is the "1111111111111111111" flickering in the MFD screen and alternating flickering between "1111" and "111111111111111111111" across the screen. Is there an issue with the code being entered ?

Would trying to change the TPOD code fix this ? Wondering if this is replicating itself and is a common issue .

Thanks

Greetings,

Apologies if this as already been noted, however I did not see this in the buglist. Just updated to Openbeta 1.5.8.13504 And the AXIS is enabled for TDC and TPOD. Still having some issues with GBU grabbing the Laser. Giving Significant time for Bomb track. Also verifying "L" flashing on TPOD.

Big issue now is the "1111111111111111111" flickering in the MFD screen and alternating flickering between "1111" and "111111111111111111111" across the screen. Is there an issue with the code being entered ?

Would trying to change the TPOD code fix this ? Wondering if this is replicating itself and is a common issue .

Thanks

Just select the GBU-12's or try changing the code

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

It seems that the fixes to the TPOD hasn't been included.

The bombs still hits the first target that I have designated with the laser.

After having hit the first target, I extend and setup for a new attack.

Laser is turned off after having hit the first target.

Then I setup and designate the next target on the TPOD and ensures that the DMT is looking at the same target as the TPOD.

Dropping the bomb makes it hit the first target and not the new target.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Then I setup and designate the next target on the TPOD and ensures that the DMT is looking at the same target as the TPOD.

Works fine on my end, You don't have to use the DMT, you can do everything with the TPOD.

Since it also slaves all the sensors to where the TPOD is locking

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Works fine on my end, You don't have to use the DMT, you can do everything with the TPOD.

Since it also slaves all the sensors to where the TPOD is locking

Yeah, this was a nice surprise. You don't have to use LST anymore to find what you have targeted on the TPOD.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, Just tested and will work more tonight. I noticed Mav Sensor when uncaged also slews to the TPOD which is awesome. Thanks Zeus !

In the mean time is there a checklist or a set procedure from someone working with pod ? I searched for NTRP 3.22-4-AV8B as referenced in the NATOPS and cannot find a set procedure that I can use with DCS in the mean time. (example for what OSB buttons and Hotas commands. etc)

This way I can train myself to do the same thing every time.

Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere.

My bad :cry:

Seems I forgot to arm the bombs, therefore I could not see them impact.

But it seems to reveal that though the bomb fuzes are set to safe, the first bomb will explode disregarding the fuze setting.

But the TPOs works as expected !

I don't think manual TGP slewing is violating any of the conditions you quoting mvsgas.

(f) No target designation,

A1-AV8BB-TAC-000, Page1-402

During sensor slewing, the pod

temporarily exits the track mode while

slewing is in progress, and then returns

to the track mode when slewing stops.

In the end I have never been in a AV8B N/A, but according the information we have, it appears to operate as it should. Also, all these example and non show a moving target, could be a coincidence or maybe there is a reason for that.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3334975&postcount=32

LGB will hit moving target just fine unless you slew TGP manually.

I do not think LGB should be able to hit moving targets...but I guess that is a subject for another time and place.

To whom it may concern,

Your video 1:20~

Track legend(AREA , INS bellow reticle) temporary disappear and slew indicator appear means TGP slewed by pilot command, and lasing never stopped.

Sorry for inconvenience but I don't know how to paste youtube video like you.

0:45~

TGP slew and L continue flashing. But this aircraft may be different from our AV-8B in DCS.

I'm confused, is the TDC axis working now? I can't for the life of me get it controlling the TGP.

Either that or I'm missing something blindingly obvious...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 8700K, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte GTX1080ti, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD Pack, 2x Lilliput 8" USB Monitors, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, CV1.

I'm confused, is the TDC axis working now? I can't for the life of me get it controlling the TGP.

Either that or I'm missing something blindingly obvious...

TDC axis work for TGP/TPOD but not for the TV.

And I had to had a 30% saturation and a small dead zone for the TPOD to be usable because if you move a little bit while lasing it goes back to SAFE.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

TDC axis work for TGP/TPOD but not for the TV.

Could you elaborate? I seem to have tried it on LST as well as TV Mode. Neither HTS, TDC or underlined TDC are working. Like I said I'm probably missing something obvious, but I tend to do that :).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 8700K, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte GTX1080ti, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD Pack, 2x Lilliput 8" USB Monitors, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, CV1.

Hello,

does someone can do a small tutorial concerning tpod usage with gbu-12 ?

I try to lase but gbu-12 are missing target designated by tpod.

Thanks guys

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits