TPOD unexpected update.

Zeus67

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zeus, thanks again for the update. Reading in the manual the Marker function is supposed to flash the laser 3 times a second when activated. Was testing last night on multiplayer, was a constant beam. I know its WIP, just bringing to your attention. Thanks

The LITENING II POD manual that I have states that all firing is steady. Only when the laser is in LASER RANGING mode a 3 second timer is used.

I'll check anyway.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

The LITENING II POD manual that I have states that all firing is steady. Only when the laser is in LASER RANGING mode a 3 second timer is used.

I'll check anyway.

758357536_MarkerManual.thumb.png.b7b9e034c97845b8431bc6fc8cc18292.png

This is what I was looking at from the AV-8B TAC-000 Manual

Thanks

Edited by Shrike88
referenced incorrect manaul

Hello to all those who read me! I'm trying to understand how the AV8B NA TPOD works.

The theater that I use is Nevada because I can not make the TPOD work in the Caucasus (the correct symbology does not appear on the HUD).

So now I list the operations that I carry out and I will be grateful if you show me what is wrong or what is missing.

I perform the laser check code before take-off.

On the left MPCD, I select the storage menu and select the GBU.

I carry out the Weapons system check:

Mode: Auto, Fuz: TIN, Qty: 1, Mult: 1, NORM knob

In flight, directed towards the target, I activate the Tpod:

1) on the right MPCD, I select the Tpod Menu, select Stby and then TDC;

2) the octagon of the Tpod camera and the vertical release line appear on the HUD;

3) I use the TDC keys (the first one to use is TDC AFT to bring the octagon down);

4) on the right MPCD (page of the Tpod), I select PT;

5) I use the TDC keys and the ZM + and ZM- keys to capture the target;

6) I change from TRNL to LSR;

7) I change from Safe to Armed;

8 ) when I am at a right distance (about 6 nm), I select Fire and the flashing L appears on the screen of the Tpod;

9) meanwhile, the release time counter also appeared on the HUD;

10) I hold down the release button and when the thick horizontal line of the fall trajectory appears, the bomb is released.

Well.

All right? NOOOO!!!!!

Yet something does not work because the GBU falls like a dumb bomb (and destroys a lot of sand but not the target). WHYYYYYYYYY???????

Please help me and ... many thanks in advance!!!

Edited by flavnet

Well. The symbology is same in 1.5.8 latest update too and it also works better. I mean when you lase another target the second bomb isnt hitting the previous one. You're doing well what you do but you can't set laser code on ground as I tried. You better try to set it on flight. And set the 1688 code, I have read previously that this is the only code that might working for self lasing in Harrier, but I might be wrong, maybe any other is working, this will make it for sure. As I said try it in 1.5.8 or 2.5 as I saw it was released today. You can't miss it. Another think to mention, when I fly at high altitude as 20k I line up with the target and wait to reach 6 nm from it then I release. It happened for me to miss it as I got closer. Try these and tell us if it works. Happy flying!

Hello to all those who read me! I'm trying to understand how the AV8B NA TPOD works.

The theater that I use is Nevada because I can not make the TPOD work in the Caucasus (the correct symbology does not appear on the HUD).

So now I list the operations that I carry out and I will be grateful if you show me what is wrong or what is missing.

On the left MPCD, I select the storage menu and select the GBU.

I carry out the Weapons system check:

Mode: Auto, Fuz: TIN, Qty: 1, Mult: 1, NORM knob

In flight, directed towards the target, I activate the Tpod:

1) on the right MPCD, I select the Tpod Menu, select Stby and then TDC;

2) the octagon of the Tpod camera and the vertical release line appear on the HUD;

3) I use the TDC keys (the first one to use is TDC AFT to bring the octagon down);

4) on the right MPCD (page of the Tpod), I select PT;

5) I use the TDC keys and the ZM + and ZM- keys to capture the target;

6) I change from TRNL to LSR;

7) I change from Safe to Armed;

8 ) when I am at a right distance (about 6 nm), I select Fire and the flashing L appears on the screen of the Tpod;

9) meanwhile, the release time counter also appeared on the HUD;

10) I hold down the release button and when the thick horizontal line of the fall trajectory appears, the bomb is released.

Well.

All right? NOOOO!!!!!

Yet something does not work because the GBU falls like a dumb bomb (and destroys a lot of sand but not the target). WHYYYYYYYYY???????

Please help me and ... many thanks in advance!!!

It wasn't updated on Nevada. Only Caucasus. I haven't checked the 2.5 that came out today yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Another thing to mention, you must be heading towards your target when you're realising bomb, if you release when you had passed it the bomb might not catch up the lase. And I always use ccip release mode. I just get it handy because I release whenever I want.

Hello everyone. So, I'm quite sure the Tpod in the Caucasus map (the latest update) is full of bugs.

First, there is no need to change the laser code. Any laser code is fine because it is the one shot by the Tpod and not by ground troops. And this is always true, both for the Nevada map and for the Caucasus.

I've perform (or at least I tried) different missions (created with the Caucasus map editor) to hit a stationary target (a command center) with a GBU. I followed the list of actions that I reported in the previous post (which are those in a nice tutorial on youtube:

).

First of all, the reference octagon does not appear when the Tpod is on, but a small square appears! (should it have the same functions as the octagon?)

However, the vertical release line does not appear (when it should appear) and, at least in a couple of missions, a long line of numbers (constantly changing) appeared both in the middle of the HUD and on the right MPCD of the Tpod .... glitch glitch glithc :) :).

I tried to release the bomb but it always fell like a dumb bomb.

I've also tried to fix the DCS World program (repair), but nothing has changed: same errors and same bugs & glithces.

I thought things worked better on the Nevada map, but it is not the case as I explained in the previous post.

I hope that a solution will come soon because it is my opinion that an AV8B NA without Tpod is half effective.

I haven't tried much yet but it seems to working as it was in 1.5.8ob.

No in 2.5 it seems to working as it was in 2.2.

When clicking on AR/PT nothing change. :cry:

Edited by laumaya

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

Guys what about the mfg picture quality. It seems to be degraded. Although is setup at 1024, It is blured.

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

No in 2.5 it seems to working as it was in 2.2.

When clicking on AR/PT nothing change. :cry:

No my bad it's seems to be like 1.5 ob..

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

You mean this "noise"? I guess they're simulating a lower quality TPOD than the latest available (and off-limits for DCS)?

(sorry for the pic, it's from my streaming and I can't get a new pic right now)

unknown.png

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

Can you only zoom with the MFD buttons or can you alsp do it with HTS mode?

i know i can use WD/NR from hotas

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's right Karon. This is what I see in the MPCD

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Please tell me that the functionality of the tpod is not working as intended, where as you select GBU12 and it kicks you out of the Tpod page to the TV page. Then the only way to get back to Tpod is by unselecting 12, menu, Tpod, stby. I can't imagine this is working as intended.

Can you only zoom with the MFD buttons or can you alsp do it with HTS mode?

i know i can use WD/NR from hotas

I don't have the natops right now but IIRC you can only toggle between wide and narrow.

I suggest you to buy a set of TM MFD. They're not too expensive but sooo good on modern NATO aircrafts and actually on any module.

That's right Karon. This is what I see in the MPCD

I guess it's intended then.

Please tell me that the functionality of the tpod is not working as intended, where as you select GBU12 and it kicks you out of the Tpod page to the TV page. Then the only way to get back to Tpod is by unselecting 12, menu, Tpod, stby. I can't imagine this is working as intended.

I haven't tried much (I'm already back in my beloved Ka-50 in the shiny 2.5 :) ) but I don't remember anything like that. I normally have the TPOD on the L MFD and toggling between weapons in the R MFD didn't change anything in the L MFD.

full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"

That's a good idea using the left MFD. Im gonna try that tonight. I haven't been able to play too much the last couple days so I'm still testing stuff. I got the tpod to lock up a Maverick last night though, it was joyful!

I don't have the natops right now but IIRC you can only toggle between wide and narrow.

I suggest you to buy a set of TM MFD. They're not too expensive but sooo good on modern NATO aircrafts and actually on any module.

I do have cougar MFDs , still not as easy as using all hotas

anyway another question-

i still don`t get how to reset the TPOD TDC on the HUD (like using china aft in A-10C)

Edited by T_A

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NWS normally resets it, same as the TV.

Yep, I know, HOTAS only would be much better but AFAIK that's what we have with this version of Harrier and TPOD.

full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"

thats your issue. it has to be done in flight. stated many times on the procedure.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.