Can't join multiplayer 2.5 stuck in loading or lobby or black cockpit

Jaakov

I have this issue too. 16 GB ram and 2 ssds in raid 0. Long loading times that lead to disconnects and black cockpit. When I manage to get on the server I get freezes for 10+ seconds. During the freezes the SSD activity spikes. Single player works fine.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as of hotfix 3 still no luck.

I've deleted saved folder, deleted options.lua, set preload radius to minimum, increased my pagefile to 16gb, tried loading instant action missions prior to joined mp. Nothing has worked so far, and It's starting to really bother me. Its been 3 weeks now since I've been able to join any MP server. It just take forever to load, hits the plane list, freezes and either goes black and crashes or goes directly to main menu after about 5-10 minutes of loading.

as of hotfix 3 still no luck.

I've deleted saved folder, deleted options.lua, set preload radius to minimum, increased my pagefile to 16gb, tried loading instant action missions prior to joined mp. Nothing has worked so far, and It's starting to really bother me. Its been 3 weeks now since I've been able to join any MP server. It just take forever to load, hits the plane list, freezes and either goes black and crashes or goes directly to main menu after about 5-10 minutes of loading.

We cannot assist you without more info, your specs, etc.....

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

We cannot assist you without more info, your specs, etc.....

i7 6600hq

1080gtx

16gb ddr4

500gb ssd

Haven't been able to get into a multiplayer server since 2.5 dropped as game will be stuck in loading, reach what looks to be the start of the plane select list, followed by more loading and finally being either kicked back to main menu or completely freezing dcs after 5-10 mins.

When you see the multiplayer server list, do you know what ping time you are seeing before you join? There's usually a column listed for ping in the list.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

When you see the multiplayer server list, do you know what ping time you are seeing before you join? There's usually a column listed for ping in the list.

I'm playing from London so typically I get around 120ms to 104th and around 40-60ms to blueflag

So that ping looks good too. We'll see if someone else has suggestions......

At this point you may need to completely wipe the program and reinstall. Save your keyboard/stick bindings/options.lua, etc from the saved games folder.

Steve (Slick)

What a joke...

So if I sum up the whole thing, this guy has a very good computer, GC, SSD and so on, yet the game still doesn't work after 3 weeks ++, and the only solution is :

wipe the program and reinstall...

What about another solution : Wipe ED and reinstall...

I know what I'm saying is not very constructive, but it's been 3 weeks now, and as this guy said : it's becoming a BIT boring now. Just a BIT boring.

Fortunately I still had 1.5.8 on another disk so I can play with the last release, because the 90GB++ of the DCS folders (2.5.0 and 2.2.0) are just a useless tumor on my SSD so far.

Well, it was just my recommendation. I'm not the complete expert here and I'm not with ED, and there are plenty of folks out there that may have better things to try. I just thought that some answer was better than no response......

Anyhow, if you are good with computers a reinstall is no big deal anyway.

Steve (Slick)

What a joke...

So if I sum up the whole thing,

You are welcomed to fly FSX.

Seriously, friend: give ED some time. There is NOTHING else like it out there.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

• ED Team

This is the reason why 2.5 has not been pushed to release yet.

expect betas to have issues, and for fixes to have to be applied.

We have had three fixes already and more to come.

ED is working hard, we just need to be patient.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

pb is :

if one sums up the time wasted in reading forums to find solutions, restarting computers and so on, I would say that the real time spent in DCS is something like 20% of the whole time wasted in secondary tasks.

To me at this point, this is the main isuue with DCS and it's much more important than the number of trees I can see on the Caucasus map.

If would inverstigate towards your IP/ISP/Firewall/AntiVirus settings.

DCS doesnt really have the potential to block itself and if it worked before, chances are, one of those mentioned above changed settings for whatever reason and locked you out.

Can't harm to look into that after 3 weeks of beating DCS.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

pb is :

if one sums up the time wasted in reading forums to find solutions, restarting computers and so on, I would say that the real time spent in DCS is something like 20% of the whole time wasted in secondary tasks.

To me at this point, this is the main isuue with DCS and it's much more important than the number of trees I can see on the Caucasus map.

Not all computers are top notch configured, even less are the users who use them usually.

This is how it is everywhere, in every office and in every family, 80% dont get it and the other 20% have to run from desk to desk to try fixing bad setups and fix wrong assumptions.

What honestly do people expect when gaming on a computer with lots of peripherie connected, a constantly altering OS, correlated apps like AntiVirus that constantly evolve, hardware bugs and fixes that need a fix themself ? The days of plugging in a cartridge and start gaming are long gone. Instead of spooling up your A-10C, we gotta spool up our PC's, work the checklist, engage OC ( arm weapons so to say, hehe ), and lift off ( start DCS ). Heck, there are tons of stuff that can go wrong form time to time, and they do.

In that Sea of Uncertainty you have to make your stand. You either can, or you need help.

Helping: Not every help is of equal quality too, for many reasons. Sometimes there is not the correct info about hard and software being used, or rather a big uncertainty for some of this, then there is perception, how a user perceives the error, what is THE ERROR he describes, who is helping, there are many, really MANY, different fields of expertise beyond what a normal house & door admin like me would ever know, like certain DirectX things, programming code questions, very deep OS problems, Monitor and 2D/3D questions, Input gear, VR, Streaming, Recording. Many many topics and the problems come from across the board. WHo in gods name knows all this, nobody is my answer, or only down to a certain depth, further down is learn-while-you-troubleshoot.

Yes, many answers are plain wrong, but they are a will to help. Something different than plain no reply at all. And hey, nobody pays the guys who write back, they do this on their own free time. Some have very deep insight in certain stuff, some are more wide spread, some like to work hardware and others would never touch a PCB. The questions and answers come from all those guys ( and girls sometimes ).

The forum seems to autocorrect itself in many ways, people give different answers and debate about it, so one can have a peak at opinions and what they are based on. It's free to anyone to pick a solution suggested..or leave it be.

The good thing is, there are usually different opinions that actually all make sense, if you follow the general idea of that solution, like new PC for a budget, you have to make compromises, but make them smartly.

Some problems that do come up do not seem to find an answer that holds true, either it doesnt fix it for everybody or it comes back out of the blue and the fix that once used to work is obsolete now. Some things we cannot fix without ED,Nvidia, Occulus, etc. whatever code is involved. There are limits what a forum can fix directly with knowledge. Some things need the code to change, THAT we cannot do but ask for kindly.

Since there are many Pilots around, many times the same problems hits the forums over and over, over many weeks. There is nothing wrong with that, that is what a forum is here for. A mirror.

I wouldn't call this wasted time. It's part of how it is for most.

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Thanks for that dissertation on modern-life duties.

Now one point :

The problem here is not my computer, nor the other guy computer nor the fact that Anti-viruses are constantly altering OS whatsoever.

Pb is : DCS 2.5.0 MP doesn't work.

Period.

Many people on this forum and others seem to enjoy putting things upsidedown.

Once again : DCS 2.5.0 MP doesn't work.

So you have to understand how bothering to read constantly :

Did you check this, Did you erase that, what is your configuration and finally : wipe DCS out and reinstall.

We did all that and more and yet DCS 2.5.0 MP simply doesn't work.

And it's been 3 weeks now.

And I, we, pay for that.

DCS 1.5.8 as well as 2.2.0 did work on the same computers with the same Anti-viruses, same SSDs, same CPUs and GPUs...

We're not here to talk about computer performances but about the fact that DCS 2.5.0 doesn't work.

So being considered as a dumbass or a newbie or 'go for FSX' everytime one says it still doesn't work is not very professional and a bit bothering, to say the least.

Now about the 20 % availability rate of DCS : I have never experienced such a bad figure in any other game.

That's why I suggest ED should address this issue, as well as the server policy. In my opinion it is much more important than trees quality on Caucasus.

• ED Team
Thanks for that dissertation on modern-life duties.

Now one point :

The problem here is not my computer, nor the other guy computer nor the fact that Anti-viruses are constantly altering OS whatsoever.

Pb is : DCS 2.5.0 MP doesn't work.

Period.

Many people on this forum and others seem to enjoy putting things upsidedown.

Once again : DCS 2.5.0 MP doesn't work.

So you have to understand how bothering to read constantly :

Did you check this, Did you erase that, what is your configuration and finally : wipe DCS out and reinstall.

We did all that and more and yet DCS 2.5.0 MP simply doesn't work.

And it's been 3 weeks now.

And I, we, pay for that.

DCS 1.5.8 as well as 2.2.0 did work on the same computers with the same Anti-viruses, same SSDs, same CPUs and GPUs...

We're not here to talk about computer performances but about the fact that DCS 2.5.0 doesn't work.

So being considered as a dumbass or a newbie or 'go for FSX' everytime one says it still doesn't work is not very professional and a bit bothering, to say the least.

Now about the 20 % availability rate of DCS : I have never experienced such a bad figure in any other game.

That's why I suggest ED should address this issue, as well as the server policy. In my opinion it is much more important than trees quality on Caucasus.

ED are addressing the issue.

As I have mentioned they did not push the beta to release. So users still have a stable build to enjoy.

The problem is we have multiple issues at play effecting Multiplayer, it is not an over night fix.

Some users are enjoying multiplayer already, it has not effected everyone in the same way.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'd like to rule out one suspicion.

open notepad.

add the two following lines;

net.download_speed = 262144

net.upload_speed = 262144

save as; C:\users\xxxx\saved games\dcs.openbeta\config\autoexec.cfg

If you already have autoexec.cfg for some reason, just add those two lines to it.

Personally...this is a tiny fraction of my bandwidth. I still have to do the 2-3 minute wait while everything's loading in after connecting to get stable framerates, but I'm wondering if this is the difference between my ability to connect to blueflag/104th and others inability to.

I'm not guaranteeing this will help anything.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

open notepad.

If you already have autoexec.cfg for some reason, just add those two lines to it.

Personally...this is a tiny fraction of my bandwidth. I still have to do the 2-3 minute wait while everything's loading in after connecting to get stable framerates, but I'm wondering if this is the difference between my ability to connect to blueflag/104th and others inability to.

Gave it a shot but sadly still same problem. I think ED is going to have to figure this one out. meanwhile I haven't been able to fly with friends coming up on a month.

open notepad.

Try these lines of code too (100/10mbit type connection as example)

if not net then net = {} end

net.download_speed = 12800*1024

net.upload_speed = 1024*1024

I found this elsewhere :

For 8Mbit down and 2Mbit up connections:

net.download_speed = 1024*1024

net.upload_speed = 256*1024

or

For 2Mbit down and 1Mbit up:

net.download_speed = 256*1024

net.upload_speed = 128*1024

Adjusted to my bandwidth it works perfectly for me. Thanks !

ROG Maximus XI Hero / i9-9900k @5Ghz / 32Gb DDR4 @3200Mhz / Samsung 960 Pro M.2 / RTX2080ti / Vive Pro / ROG 3440x1440

Tried all the autoexec.cfg stuffs and still no diffference. also for shits'n'giggles I even did a complete DCS reinstall and same result.

Looking at my resource monitor is pretty apparent this issue is a definite result of massive memory leak that will probably only be fixed with a patch. Until that day, I will be unable to fly with anyone else =\

Please if any mod/staff/dev reads this, I would greatly appreciate an estimate on when this will be fixed.