Can't join multiplayer 2.5 stuck in loading or lobby or black cockpit

Jaakov

• ED Team

please add your system spec to your signatures or post, so the dev can see what machines are having trouble.

also attach your dcs.logs, I have a guide in my signature.

Personally I am not seeing an issue entering MP,

if you have not already try my crash advice below, essentially creating a new dcs saved games folder and a cleanup and repair.

We need any info you can give us, like internet type and speed, and geographical location in the world

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please add your system spec to your signatures or post, so the dev can see what machines are having trouble.

also attach your dcs.logs, I have a guide in my signature.

Personally I am not seeing an issue entering MP,

if you have not already try my crash advice below, essentially creating a new dcs saved games folder and a cleanup and repair.

We need any info you can give us, like internet type and speed, and geographical location in the world

thanks

I've tried all the suggestions, including changing pagefile, doing a clean/repair. Nothing works. Entering an MP game is a nightmare. I think it may be related to the number of modules installed on a client. I have all the modules, but if I disable a few it's a bit quicker, although still slow.

Spec:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

16GB RAM DDR4

Windows 10 Home

ASUS Strix B-350F Motherboard

Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming

DCS is installed on an SSD.

• ED Team

Thanks 112th_Rossi

I will highlight this to the devs, however I have all the modules and can load in. First load will take 5 minutes, this is when shaders are being created. After that it is about a 4 minute load for me, this is on busy servers.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks 112th_Rossi

I will highlight this to the devs, however I have all the modules and can load in. First load will take 5 minutes, this is when shaders are being created. After that it is about a 4 minute load for me, this is on busy servers.

Shaders not withstanding, a 5 minute wait to load into a server is not really acceptable.

• ED Team
Shaders not withstanding, a 5 minute wait to load into a server is not really acceptable.

Yes I agree it seems like a long time.

Usually dependant on how busy the server is, when I join our squadron server which is private it is a lot quicker, usually only 2 or 3 of us on, in an unscripted server.

and still unplayable. ... latest open beta.. and still the same as the first open beta of 2.5. No fixes at all... and I believe they don't have any idea what happens, because it doesn't happen to everybody.

1.5 was great. 2.5 is a failure in multiplayer. Hope a fix (even slow to find it) Meanwhile the sim is parked... and already is parked 4 months.

• ED Team

ensure you have done a cleanup and repair, and created a fresh saved games folder. I have my crash advice below.

then play single player and then multiplayer, the first time loading will take much longer as it is creating shaders.

I am feeding back to the team still about this and letting them know some users still have problems with multiplayer.

please add your system spec to your post or signature so we can use it as a reference, also add your dcs.log if possible, we will take a look

• ED Team
I still can't enter any server. The game freezes after selected the server and my only option is to kill dcs.exe. Here is a log

what connection speed and type do you have?

2018-05-16 16:02:43.436 INFO NET: disconnected: 5 Server ping timeout

try a quiet server to see if it makes a difference

what connection speed and type do you have?

try a quiet server to see if it makes a difference

I have a ADSL 20 mega, tried again and after many times I finally connected, but sometimes it really takes ages, never had this issue before

• ED Team
I have a ADSL 20 mega, tried again and after many times I finally connected, but sometimes it really takes ages, never had this issue before

Yeah I understand, sometimes you just have to be patient, the shaders can take a long time to load if they have not already been created.

Clean Install, +10 min loading time (in MP, SP works fine no lags and crashes), after "NET: disconnected: 5 Server update timeout" black screen and i must alt+f4 (no lag in game).

Same on low and high settings.

Win 10 64 bit

i5-7400

GTX 1060 3gb

8 gb ram

HDD

any ideas?

dcs.rar

DxDiag.rar

• ED Team
Clean Install, +10 min loading time (in MP, SP works fine no lags and crashes), after "NET: disconnected: 5 Server update timeout" black screen and i must alt+f4 (no lag in game).

Same on low and high settings.

Win 10 64 bit

i5-7400

GTX 1060 3gb

8 gb ram

HDD

any ideas?

8 gb ram is probably your problem with multiplayer, there is a lot more going on that needs to be loaded and sync'd

IDK.. it seems like they think it's fixed or not a problem anymore..

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I wanted to make a video about what happens to me. It seems to me that there is some kind of bottleneck that when the more people is in the server, the more problems takes to load it...

Hope it can be useful for Eagle Dynamics.

Edited by Japo32

Similar issues here. Upon reaching the slot selection screen it takes about 5 to 10 minutes to select a slot due to lag. About half the time the selection screen just locks up and I'm forced the ctrl alt del and end the DCS task. If I am able to load in, I get about 1 frame every 3 to 5 seconds for at least ten minutes. About 9 times out of 10 the game eventually locks up completely and I have to end task again. On one occasion I've been able to get back to normal frames on a server with 2 other people, but it took me about 15 minutes to get there. So far it has done this on about 10 different servers I've tried.

1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM, Core i5 3.4 Ghz, DCS is installed on an SSD.

2.5.2 Beta, multiplayer issues continue. Unable to connect to any multiplayer server. Cleaned and Repair.

My Rig:

Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz

Mainboard Packard Bell FMP55

16 GB DDR3 RAM

GTX-1080 8 GB RAM

HD 1Tb/2Tb

Windows 10 64x Home edition.

dcs.rar

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Out of curiosity: I am reading here from a lot of people having problems with a large variety of hardware. What about the operating system?

What OS do you use?

I am using win7 x64 and have big issues in multiplayer.

My rig:

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition @ 4GHz

GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

16GB DDR3 RAM

850 EVO SSD

I am running at low to medium settings. I tried even setting everything to minimum - same behavior.

In single player I get 150 fps.

The largest time chunk is needed for the "Simulation" part (~30ms) according to the built in diagnostic. The rest goes real quick (<5ms). This does not explain the freezes and memory issues though.

Edit:

Btw. I created a poll asking people over at /r/hoggit whether they experience problems in MP or not to get an estimate on what percentage of people is having issues with MP.

Feel free to vote in the poll as well:

https://strawpoll.com/hh1h93pe

Edited by counter25