Can't join multiplayer 2.5 stuck in loading or lobby or black cockpit

Jaakov

• ED Team
Tried all the autoexec.cfg stuffs and still no diffference. also for shits'n'giggles I even did a complete DCS reinstall and same result.

Looking at my resource monitor is pretty apparent this issue is a definite result of massive memory leak that will probably only be fixed with a patch. Until that day, I will be unable to fly with anyone else =\

Please if any mod/staff/dev reads this, I would greatly appreciate an estimate on when this will be fixed.

Sorry, I do not have an estimate yet. The ED team are treating the issue as a priority, but there are multiple complicated issues at play here. When I know more and if I am allowed I will share some info.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about you, but when I load the map in dcs it loads about 4mb/s from my 2 ssds (raid 0). Other games like PUBG easily loads at 300mb/s. While dcs is loading it's not pinning a core to 100% and it's not using the GPU. So it seems there is something funky going on with the loading from disc.

Guys, see Big Newy's comments. ED are working the memory issue. The last two posters here have 16 Gig RAM. I have 32 Gig Ram and typically utilize 14-16 Gig in DCS right now. So in your cases you are probably using all your RAM. You will either need to upgrade RAM, wait until they fix this, or go to the current Release version 1.5.XX. No amount of complaining is going to fix the issue faster.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

• ED Team

Sorry guys, it is just a matter of waiting for the fix, ED are working on it.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yes, I have 64gigs and have the same problem.

It's complicated, and not just a problem of filling you all of your memory. If other used memory is accidentally overwritten anything could happen.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Thanks Snacko. I did not realize it still happened at higher amounts of memory.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

It could be related to the craft loading issue.

A server with many crafts already flying will force you to load all of them sequentially.

A server with no clients/units until you join, should be faster.

Any MP server I try to join in 2.5 just sits there until I force quit.

I've found "59th Ravens Public Server" to be quite stable. If you're looking for any old practice mission to jump in and do some pew pews, try that one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have cleared configs, deleted old files, ran repairs, and even defragged the HDD once more and I am consistently being kicked back to the server browser or having to task manager and stop DCS as it hangs. Most noticeable on bigger servers like the 104th. When I do occasionally get into a light server like an aerobatics server then it is constantly freezing sometimes for upwards of a minute.

PC specs:

i7 3770k

16GB RAM

GTX 1060 6GB

1TB HDD

Windows 7 64bit

"If the MWS didn't see it, it didn't happen"

I could get inside multiplayer at least prior this 12gb last update. Was veeeeeery slow entering, with 1-3 fps while drawing the cockpit from outside to inside, but at least I could enter multiplayer and all was normal fps once all was re-draw. Now I am stuck at loading screen. I can see the lobby with all the multiplayer rooms, but nothing more. Once I enter I am stuck.

So we go backwards and this goes worst..... and I am not very confident that this can be solved, because with this we are 4(?) updates-fixes to openbeta...

• ED Team

Hi all,

Work is continuing on the memory issues and optimisation, when we have more news we will pass it on.

Thanks

Today newsletter:

Since the third update to the DCS World 2.5 Open Beta, the team has focused their efforts on loading time, memory leaks, and performance issues in the Open Beta. In this 4th update, we believe we have largely addressed these issues. For those taking part in the DCS World 2.5 Open Beta, we look forward to your feedback, and once we feel confident these issues have been resolved, we will move DCS World 2.5 out of Open Beta.

My feedback after updating the game to last version:

No shorter loading time, still 11min of "loading" trying to join 104th server and sent back to main menu.

Sorry but I believe these issues are not largely addressed... :music_whistling:

6 weeks I and many others can't play multiplayer in 2.5. :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Today newsletter:

My feedback after updating the game to last version:

No shorter loading time, still 11min of "loading" trying to join 104th server and sent back to main menu.

Sorry but I believe these issues are not largely addressed... :music_whistling:

6 weeks I and many others can't play multiplayer in 2.5. :cry:

this problem existed back in open alpha.. but largely ignored by both players and devs. We are now seeing the extent of the problem on a much greater scale as almost everyone has switched to 2.5 and 9/10 servers also updated.

After todays 13GB download, things are worse than ever.

- Still don't see all servers in server list. Have to refresh over and over and over and over until the servers I want appear (if they appear at all)

- Still takes 15-20mins to get into a server and then only to be bounced back out to the DCS main screen.

- Frame rates are useless. In single player I was to getting easily 50+fps. Now I'm lucky to see 20-30fps.

- Frame rates in servers is even worse. The few I have been able to get into that I usually use and got 30+fps on previously, I am now lucky to be seeing 5-10fps, making multiplayer totally unusable.

At least before this update DCS was useable. But now it's not even flyable in single player.

Definitely won't be looking at any more purchases for this platform if this is the way ED are heading. Calling this an update is not the right term.

I could get inside multiplayer at least prior this 12gb last update. Was veeeeeery slow entering, with 1-3 fps while drawing the cockpit from outside to inside, but at least I could enter multiplayer and all was normal fps once all was re-draw. Now I am stuck at loading screen. I can see the lobby with all the multiplayer rooms, but nothing more. Once I enter I am stuck.

So we go backwards and this goes worst..... and I am not very confident that this can be solved, because with this we are 4(?) updates-fixes to openbeta...

Same here, before the last update joining a mp host was taking a long time but it worked at least. After the update I'm getting kicked back to main menu all the time trying to join a mp server with some players already in. So its worse for me than before the update :(

• ED Team

can you guys who can not join let me know your system spec and add your dcs.log

also what type of connection and if you are ipv4 or ipv6

I am trying to see if there is some common reason for these issues, so I can feed back to ED

I have a triple screen setup. My specs are in my sig.

I also have an x55 joystick and throttle, Rift, wireless keyboard and mouse, ch pedals, bell collective, logitech and xbox game controllers, trackir, SimShaker.

Not sure how to get the ipv4 ipv6 info. My Windows Network profile page says this:

IPv4 address: 192.168.x.x

IPv4 DSN servers: x.x.x.x, x.x.x.x

Attached are my last two logs. I just tried to join Blue Flag and per usual, it took 8 minutes to get to the Plane Selection screen. I was then getting 1-2 fps. After about 1 minute it kicked me back to the main menu. So, I exited, and as usual, the game crashes every time I exit(this has been happening for 6+ months on stock, alpha, and beta.).

EDIT:

In my Ethernet Properties window, it has both these checked:

Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)

Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Specs:

Intel i7 -4790K

NVIDIA GTX 1070

16 GB RAM

Game installed on SSD

2 Screens

HOTAS Warthog / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

+ Using TrackIR / SRS plugin everything else is clean

Internet:

IPv4

Attached my dcs.log

I wrote 2 remark lines directly into the logfile for you to better understand at which state the game is at that point of time.

Hope it helps

*edit: tried to join DCS blue flag server with about 40 people already in

dcs.log.zip

Edited by Heesh