Ka-50 Cargo Indicator Doesn't Work

Devrim

6 hours ago, Flappie said:

Devs answered me: they have no info about what this switch is for.

In the Black Shark 2 cockpit, they're even identified: Sling load Auto/Manual, and Stabilisation and indication of hanger cable switch.

And it's been like that since before slingloading was even implemented...

9 hours ago, Flappie said:

Devs answered me: they have no info about what this switch is for.

I assume we are talking about one of the 3 switches related to sling load. Considering level of details in the cockpit, I assume that ED must have had better pictures with more details than the ones I found.

Would it be possible check what is at least written on labels of those switches IRL?

Perhaps someone from the original team could comment (there is even a name of developer who did cockpit on page 594 of the BS2 manual or the dudes who implemented avionics)?

10 hours ago, okopanja said:

I assume we are talking about one of the 3 switches related to sling load. Considering level of details in the cockpit, I assume that ED must have had better pictures with more details than the ones I found.

Would it be possible check what is at least written on labels of those switches IRL?

Perhaps someone from the original team could comment (there is even a name of developer who did cockpit on page 594 of the BS2 manual or the dudes who implemented avionics)?

13 hours ago, Sh4rk said:

In the Black Shark 2 cockpit, they're even identified: Sling load Auto/Manual, and Stabilisation and indication of hanger cable switch.

And it's been like that since before slingloading was even implemented...

If you change the cockpit language to Ru and read the label,then you will find identical switch/advisory light in the DCS Mi8 manual

test1.pngtest2.png

test6.png

Edited by Akiazusa
  • Like 1

Kyoto Animation forever!

If there is a sling load mechanism, likely it should be located in this area. The handle visible here, exists also on Mi-8 but there there is a separate relatively large hatch through which the sling wire goes.

Here is the source of the #25 pictures: https://www.net-maquettes.com/pictures/kamov-ka-50-hokum-walkaround/

Mi-8 where the hatch is nicely visible:

null

image.png

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, Schlomo1933 said:

It’s Not a Ka-50….. 🙄

No it is not, but it certainly hints that same people were thinking about sling loading.

I hope sooner or later old family Ka-50 photo will surface as well. It also hints at possible location where the sling is attached.

• Like 2

Am 22.6.2023 um 11:18 schrieb Schlomo1933:

Sling load was never used in the ka50

Just like 6 pylons...?

it would be interesting to see pictures of the real cockpit and panels and what the IRL switches say, in the DCS Ka50 these are each described with "Sling load" possibilities.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Am 30.1.2023 um 00:03 schrieb okopanja:

Hi Flappie,

I was able to find some cockpit pictures of Ka-50 #25. It appears all 3 switches related to the sling load are indeed in this cockpit.

Note that #25 cockpit has a 3 word label for the switch just like BS2/BS3.

Sadly the picture quality does not allowing reading the labels...

...But could this be a confusion caused by the fact that prototypes before #25 had large differences in cockpit layouts?

backright_panel.PNG

right_wall_panels.PNG

right_wall_panels_2.PNG

Sling Load Button.PNG

Sling Load Button_2.PNG

ROSh-Ka50-23.jpg

Screen_230831_011538.jpg

KA454-38.jpg

Screen_230906_024134.jpg

KA454-36.jpg

Edited by Hobel
  • Thanks 2