Defending against a large scale Tomahawk strike on land targets?

Zius

We did not witness any participation by the french airforce

Superior ECM and stealth missiles :megalol:

Seriously, on one hand they claim they didn't act, on the other they say they didn't saw the missiles. Normal if they didn't turn their radar on, isn't it ?

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

71+

Of those 32, most of them hit the sand... :music_whistling:

_100853801_syria.jpg

NATO likes to show destroyed targets but has not yet announced anything specifically. Strange? :megalol:

You don't seem partial at all in this debate, totslly trustworthy :music_whistling:

That NATO says it isn't planning any further attacks says a lot in terms of how successful the attack was IMHO. Had the attack been unsuccessful NATO wouldn't have told the wolrd that no further attacks are necessary.

Meanwhile the syrian statements remind me of this:

CXl1GkWWGmA

Not planning further attacks is to avoid further conflict scalation, Not because attacks success.

The region power balance is very unstable.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Not planning further attacks is to avoid further conflict scalation, Not because attacks success.

You don't launch an attack and then expect to avoid conflict....

To me it is clear that the attack was a success, the reaction from both parties heavily indicates this.

I was just investigating that, looks like translator error.

Nice catch, I don't speak russian, so if translator fails me ... :no_sad:

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

You don't launch an attack and then expect to avoid conflict....

Yet they made very sure to target facilities without causing large amounts of casualties on the Syrian side and not to hit anything Russian exactly to avoid escalation.

To me it is clear that the attack was a success, the reaction from both parties heavily indicates this.

Thats incredibly naive - the attack was a statement and "a success" simply because it took place regardless of whether it had any actual military impact on the Syrian regime....same as the last one.

The Western coalition will say that they hit all targets, have seriously thwarted the Syrian regime's ability to use chemical weapons and that none of their missiles were shot down, while the Russians and Syrians will say that the Syrian regime has no chemical weapons, that the attack hit nothing important and that most of the missiles were shot down.

.....just as expected :) .

JJ

To me it is clear that the attack was a success...

Use more than 100 missiles to make only 2-3 hits (CIVILIAN objects) and declare it a success - It's crazy.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Use more than 100 missiles to make only 2-3 hits (CIVILIAN objects) and declare it a success - It's crazy.

If you ask me it's crazy to believe that 71 missiles were shot down and that only 2-3 hit their mark.

The fact that it was Russia who called for an emergency peace meeting also points toward the success of the attack. If you ask me the Russians know they're losing their grip through Assad in the region and are therefore desperate at this point. That they at the same time call it an unprovoked attack on a sovereign state is 1st class humor considering their recent actions in the crimea.

In my opinion it was mostly success for the US. I see that USA and coalition ignore Russians because they are no match for West Coalition under USA leadership. US knows that, Russia knows that.

USA and rest bombed, are still bombing and will be bombing Syria. Russians have been trying to be power, and will be trying later, but they have no means for that with economy only a bit better than African country.

I don't think that both sides would escalate it further, for Russia is important not to lose the rest of face which they still have, while the US cannot make declarations on Tweeter lol.

Mass media often lie on both sides, but I rather trust Western ones, than Russian which as history proved, are off.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

This thread has no solid information or careful discussion in it. It's just a good example of how badly people want to see their country look good and the other country look bad. Nationalism is back, baby.

It was never gone, just dorment. Sometimes I dislike to even visit Youtube and the internet in general. It's a snakes nest of fearmongering, more than the usual.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

...success...

In my opinion it was mostly success for the US...

Ok, USA success.

(I'm thinking like Russia) ;)

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

This thread has no solid information or careful discussion in it. It's just a good example of how badly people want to see their country look good and the other country look bad. Nationalism is back, baby.

Half of the forum discussions are like this one...

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S