Looking for Rudder Pedal Recommendations

Ozz13

Ordered the Warthog, yay. Need to now order pedals. Any suggestions? I don't know how important quality is as they seem to be fairly simple input for a singular action. I'm probably wrong. Any knowledge that you can share is greatly appreciated!

Besides the crosswords :D. If pedals prove to be as outstanding as I've read I'll order these down the road.. from what I read i should just get on the waiting list now.

I'm looking at this: Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals

Basically in the $100 to $200 range

I had Saiteks, now have MFG Crosswinds. The difference isn't describable. You can't go wrong with MFG.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

mfg crosswinds

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Of course, there is no doubt that the Crosswinds are probably the best quality pedals out there, however, if you - like me - couldn't justify paying £300 for pedals, then I highly recommend the Thustmaster TFRP pedals http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/tflight-rudder-pedals

I bought mine over a year ago, and they have served me very well. With all the practising I did with the Spitfire take off and landings, I can assure you they got a real bashing!

Not the same build quality as the Crosswinds (obviously!) but an excellent buy for around £75.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I have the Warthog too along with the Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals. The TFRP pedals work well and does the job. However, I recently bought the Wheelstand Pro Warthog Deluxe V2 and I have center mounted the joystick (with 15cm extensions and between the legs) making the TFRP a bit difficult as the left and right pedals are about only an inch and a half apart are very close together. I have my Crosswinds arriving in a few weeks.

So if you don't plan to center mount, the TFRP works well. But if you do plan to center mount (which takes the Warthog to a whole new level, especially with extensions), I suggest the Crosswinds, or if you have cash to burn and don't mind the longer wait, the Slaw Viper RX.

Edited by christiankirk81

i7 9700k@5.0 Ghz, 32gb DDR4-3200, Maximus XI Formula, Asus Strix GTX 1080ti, 1TB NVMe Samsung 970 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Graphite Black, Wheelstandpro Warthog Deluxe V2, TrackIR 5 Pro. ROG Swift PG278Q 2560x1440, 12" Eyoyo LCD 1366x768 for TM Cougar MFDs.

I'm shocked no one has mentioned Slaw RX pedals. They are a masterpiece! And the customer service is second to none.

OP mentioned a price range of 100-200 bucks.. so it hardly makes sense to go. "Hey.. I know you want to spend one to two hundred bucks... so I suggest you buy a five hundred and fifty dollar set!:thumbup:"

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I stepped up and will get the crosswinds.. but those slaw pedals look sexy. I’m going to do some research.. I might lean toward the Slaw. Let’s say I’ve narrowed it down to two options :D

I'm shocked no one has mentioned Slaw RX pedals. They are a masterpiece! And the customer service is second to none.

In all fairness I highly doubt their customer service as any better than MFG. They are exceptional.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Slaw Device Vipers ftw!

You have two or three options for sub-$200. Saitek, Thrustmaster, and CH. All three are pretty piss poor quality. Pedals are sufficiently niche you have very little option.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I did. May have mispelled it the first time. "So if you don't plan to center mount, the TFRP works well. But if you do plan to center mount (which takes the Warthog to a whole new level, especially with extensions), I suggest the Crosswinds, or if you have cash to burn and don't mind the longer wait, the Slaw Viper RX."

i7 9700k@5.0 Ghz, 32gb DDR4-3200, Maximus XI Formula, Asus Strix GTX 1080ti, 1TB NVMe Samsung 970 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Graphite Black, Wheelstandpro Warthog Deluxe V2, TrackIR 5 Pro. ROG Swift PG278Q 2560x1440, 12" Eyoyo LCD 1366x768 for TM Cougar MFDs.

Are you considering extensions for the Warthog as well? Worth thinking about, there are some pretty decent extension manufacturers here in the forums like Sahaj and MFG creates extensions as well. I got mine at Sahaj's.

I was just about to recommend the Slaw RX pedals. They are about as close as you can get to the A-10, F-5, F-16, and F-18’s rudder pedals. I prefer that set up than the MFG crosswinds and those are more like WW2 rudder pedals from what I’ve been told.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]