Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

1 hour ago, Skyracer said:

Destroying the enemys EWR is against the rules?

Of course NOT! You can destroy them.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Would it be possible to introduce the R-60M missile?, in missiones where the F-14 and Mig-29 are.

For the F-14 it is no problem dodging my two R-3r's and my 4 R-60's.

R-60M: Improved production version introduced in 1982. It has the NATO reporting name AA-8 Aphid-B. Uses wider angle seeker with improved ECM capabilities and "Strizh" optical fuze.

Mig-29A Production started in 1982, and deliveries to Frontal Aviation units started in 1983.

Edited by Tavo89

On 8/16/2021 at 12:06 PM, Alpenwolf said:

I don't know if it's worth it any more. I really don't.

I’m fairly new to DCS and very new to Cold War but it’s the only server worth playing. I haven’t been around long enough to know or understand some of the problems being raised but hopefully there are enough people who do appreciate your effort. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tavo89 said:

It would be fine, but for missions with Mig-29 and F-14.

no its not fine, it was there back to 2018, alpine removed it due to better experience in dogfights, mig-21 bis is the modern version on mig-21 and can carry up to 6 missiles. 

I invited three DCS players to come comment on the same fight, they all have different backgrounds and their experience leads them to comment on different things. I find it really interesting to compare and contrast the different thoughts with the backdrop of the same dogfight. This fight is from the Cold War server and it is a Mig-19 vs a F-5.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Tavo89 said:

It would be fine, but for missions with Mig-29 and F-14.

The R-60's are added in all "F-14A missions".

All-aspect missiles would end all turn fights! Most kills would be head-on, quick and sudden. Strikers and helicopters would have a harder time than it is anyway.

• Thanks 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

3 hours ago, Enigma89 said:

I invited three DCS players to come comment on the same fight, they all have different backgrounds and their experience leads them to comment on different things. I find it really interesting to compare and contrast the different thoughts with the backdrop of the same dogfight. This fight is from the Cold War server and it is a Mig-19 vs a F-5.

Excellent content! Great commentary! Well done all of you!

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Just now, Alpenwolf said:

The R-60's are added in all "F-14A missions".

All-aspect missiles would end all turn fights! Most kills would be head-on, quick and sudden. Strikers and helicopters would have a harder time than it is anyway.

I was saying it because Jester.

This Jester!

startup.png

Dodge easily with the countermeasures, the 2 R-3Rs and the 4 R-60s carried by the Mig-21Bis.

I'll have to get better at dogfighting!.

Edited by Tavo89
  • Like 2

Just now, Enigma89 said:

• Like 1

How is dogfighting in VR?

Edited by Skyracer

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

43 minutes ago, Skyracer said:

How is dogfighting in VR?

Awesome. VR brought me back to virtual flying. After 20 years, it had become quite dull on flat screen. That first split-S in VR, you get those butterflies in your stomach like in real life when the ground is rushing up and potential death is seconds away. 

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

38 minutes ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

Awesome. VR brought me back to virtual flying. After 20 years, it had become quite dull on flat screen. That first split-S in VR, you get those butterflies in your stomach like in real life when the ground is rushing up and potential death is seconds away. 

Couldn't agree more, but I still prefer GOOD quality (graphics) over the 3D experience. One day maybe...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

2 minutes ago, Alpenwolf said:

Couldn't agree more, but I still prefer GOOD quality (graphics) over the 3D experience. One day maybe...

I will say, that the Reverb G2 has a higher resolution than my monitor, so that one day is pretty much now for graphical parity. The visuals are stunning in it and I’ve come across a re/shade preset for VR that sharpens DCS to really amazing levels. 

• Like 1

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

1 minute ago, Gunslinger22 said:

I will say, that the Reverb G2 has a higher resolution than my monitor, so that one day is pretty much now for graphical parity. The visuals are stunning in it and I’ve come across a re/shade preset for VR that sharpens DCS to really amazing levels. 

Yea, it is pretty good now with the hardware to push it. 

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

5 hours ago, Brown Floyd said:

Feeling a bit nostalgic...any chance of getting Supervision or the original Five Points added back to the lineup?

Now that you're mentioning it. Let me. They surely need some "makeup".

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hi Guy’s,

I’ve started to stream as a GCI, and ground commander. I hope to learn and in turn help others with how difficult being a DCS GCI really is while moving tanks and the like.  Here is a link to show how a lonely Stinger can make your day, really bad. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/PhilanthropicWonderfulHumanAMPTropPunch-v7qDTw567MCI3DzU

See you in the next fight…

Mike-Delta

• Like 5