Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

9 hours ago, Tavo89 said:

Hi, I'm new around here, greetings Enigma89 and Zachrix, I follow you on youtube 😃.

How can I connect to this server?. 

Welcome, mate!

Just like rossmum told you. Also, if you check out the main post of this thread, you'll find all the data you need.

Make sure you get SRS, please, as it is vital on the server.

Happy hunting!

8 hours ago, pmiceli said:

@AlpenwolfAny chance of getting rid of the haze in Fight Island? It is a really horrible reddish orange Martian haze in VR.

Yeah, why not.

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

23 minutes ago, reichenwald said:

Will the F1 only be available for bluefor? It could also make sense as a redfor airframe in some scenarios 

The MiG-23 is going to be Red. With the F-1 going Red as well, Blue would be completely outnumbered and helpless. Can't cause such an imbalance. Will probably go Red in some limited editions though, such as operation Tiberias and operation Allied Assault.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Alpenwolf:

The MiG-23 is going to be Red. With the F-1 going Red as well, Blue would be completely outnumbered and helpless. Can't cause such an imbalance. Will probably go Red in some limited editions though, such as operation Tiberias and operation Allied Assault.

If both Flogger and Mirage are available this makes sense of course. I was thinking more of a situation where we have the F1 but not the 23 (which sadly seems likely). 

Although a big problem with having the same airframe on both sides would probably be iff

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Alpenwolf said:

Question:

Any difference between the RN-24 and RN-28 nuke bombs? I hardly notice any difference.

One is a lot smaller warhead than the other (28 is I think 10x smaller than 24) as in 28 is one Kiloton and 24 is 10 Kiloton explosive. Definitely add the 28 because the 24 will most definitely kill the man dropping it.

Also Alpen can we take out the damn clouds on Two Towns? I've had enough and more time staring at these and pretending them to be beautiful. Oh and update server for the patch

Edited by Zachrix

19 minutes ago, Zachrix said:

One is a lot smaller warhead than the other (28 is I think 10x smaller than 24) as in 28 is one Kiloton and 24 is 10 Kiloton explosive. Definitely add the 28 because the 24 will most definitely kill the man dropping it.

Also Alpen can we take out the damn clouds on Two Towns? I've had enough and more time staring at these and pretending them to be beautiful. Oh and update server for the patch

Oh! Didn't notice the patch!

I'll remove the clouds.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

14 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Welcome, mate!

Just like rossmum told you. Also, if you check out the main post of this thread, you'll find all the data you need.

Make sure you get SRS, please, as it is vital on the server.

Happy hunting!

Yeah, why not.

@Alpenwolf Install DCS World 2.7 Open Beta, but this server still does not appear 😭.

Is it offline?, or should I install another version of DCS ?.

2 hours ago, Tavo89 said:

@Alpenwolf Install DCS World 2.7 Open Beta, but this server still does not appear 😭.

Is it offline?, or should I install another version of DCS ?.

Make sure you have updated your DCS. A patch came out in the last 24 hours. Not being on the same update version as the server will often prevent you from seeing it in the server list

• Thanks 1

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

23 minutes ago, reichenwald said:

Were the clouds not intentional?

They were, but they were too much, I guess. Heavy clouds hanging low over the TA.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Tavo89:

Dcs only shows me between 170-350 servers, I was reading and other users have had the same problem.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?.

when writing cold war...😓F.

direct connect via the IP found here in the first post at:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/180252-cold-war-1947-1991/

Server IP: 193.70.81.86

Next time it should then find the server also in the list to click on the "favorite star".
When searching only type "cold" or "Cold" into the search field, not "cold war".
Or even try "1947" - anything that makes the server show up so you can mark it as a favorite.

Also be patient when waiting for the search result, or do a "refresh" (yellow circular icon) before trying to search, again being patiently waiting until the list is fully populated. 

Local maintenance like a DNSflush is possible, but any advice there would be rather unsuitable... only you can know your system and everything related to it.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tavo89 said:

Dcs only shows me between 170-350 servers, I was reading and other users have had the same problem.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?.

Screen_210812_173046.png

when writing cold war...😓F.

Screen_210812_173102.png

Update your game, it isnt updated to the latest version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2021 at 4:15 AM, Alpenwolf said:

Question:

Any difference between the RN-24 and RN-28 nuke bombs? I hardly notice any difference.

24 is enormously more powerful. Since DCS doesn't simulate explosions properly, it's more or less suicide to use below 10+km altitude and supersonic speed. The RN-28 can be safely tossed from low altitude, by contrast. In both cases, the braking chute and airburst features are sadly not functional, despite the switches being there on the control panel.

Also, not sure how much you want to get into rivet counting kinda stuff with loadouts, but worth noting - only fighter-bomber regiments' aircraft were ever wired for the jammer pod or nukes, and in the latter case they also had to remove the main gear doors to fit the bomb on. Fighter units were never issued either and their planes weren't wired for them. Could provide some slot-based variation for this or future missions, maybe, where there's x amount of fighter-bombers with access to more A/G stuff and jammers, while y amount of fighters have A/A missiles and only basic rockets and bombs.

e/ other points to note about the nukes - the damage is very spotty. Many buildings seem impervious even to a near direct hit, and units who are in dead ground from the point of impact will likely be unharmed due to only being able to do ground bursts and the simplified behaviour of explosions in the game. They work much better on flat, or near-flat, areas than they do near hills - and I don't know if they ever fixed the 'floating craters' that would happen when one detonated on a hillside or high elevation point. They definitely still sink into the ground if they hit a low one.

Edited by rossmum
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Enigma89 said:

Found another one Alpen, Two Towns. Red EWRs destroyed, not respawning, Blue has them. Same issue as phone booths it seems. 

Well, it's always been up to Mi-8's and UH-1's to do that actually. In some cases additional EWR's spawn to replace destroyed ones, but that's limited nonetheless. And it's one player who seems to love doing nothing other than hunting EWR's all day long, and he's been doing it for a while. So once again, and just like the Viggen's bug exploit, we have one player who ruins the fun for everyone just so that he can enjoy himself.

No doubt it's an advantage to blind the enemy, but if it's the only task you have and you do nothing else but that all day long, then it really ruins the fun for everyone, which is why we're here in the first place. And because that results in players leaving the server, then you really should ask yourself, why you keep on doing it? Is that really fun or funny?

So, what now? Should I get in the ME and start adding EWR's and triggers and late activation because of one guy?! Or do I get rid of that one guy who's not breaking any rule, but ruining the fun for everyone? Deploying EWR's is yet another incentive for Helicopters to get to work. And now change that completely because of one guy?!

It's rather becoming more of a kindergarten as of late, and I'm sick of it. The community is not what it used to be with all the newbies coming in with a totally different mindset and approach to DCS than the good old veterans had. Veterans, who are slowly, but surely leaving DCS, and only show up from time to time to find out that they can't get along any more. Many of them are good friends who sometimes show up on TS for a good chat. Nothing more.

I don't know what else to tell you or what to do. The game itself, sometimes, gives an admin enough trouble to deal with. And nowadays, it's players as well! All the pm's, the complaints, the reports, etc., I mean, you guys don't see that. It's literally keeping me away from multiplayer. I find myself doing more single player these days. It's really quite there. And I missed things being more quite, I guess.

So, yes, you found another one. And it's not a bug really, mate. Nothing's wrong there actually. And sure enough you got the point now. Thanks for the heads up though and I mean it. You couldn't have known.

• Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

1 hour ago, Alpenwolf said:

Well, it's always been up to Mi-8's and UH-1's to do that actually. In some cases additional EWR's spawn to replace destroyed ones, but that's limited nonetheless. And it's one player who seems to love doing nothing other than hunting EWR's all day long, and he's been doing it for a while. So once again, and just like the Viggen's bug exploit, we have one player who ruins the fun for everyone just so that he can enjoy himself.

No doubt it's an advantage to blind the enemy, but if it's the only task you have and you do nothing else but that all day long, then it really ruins the fun for everyone, which is why we're here in the first place. And because that results in players leaving the server, then you really should ask yourself, why you keep on doing it? Is that really fun or funny?

So, what now? Should I get in the ME and start adding EWR's and triggers and late activation because of one guy?! Or do I get rid of that one guy who's not breaking any rule, but ruining the fun for everyone? Deploying EWR's is yet another incentive for Helicopters to get to work. And now change that completely because of one guy?!

It's rather becoming more of a kindergarten as of late, and I'm sick of it. The community is not what it used to be with all the newbies coming in with a totally different mindset and approach to DCS than the good old veterans had. Veterans, who are slowly, but surely leaving DCS, and only show up from time to time to find out that they can't get along any more. Many of them are good friends who sometimes show up on TS for a good chat. Nothing more.

I don't know what else to tell you or what to do. The game itself, sometimes, gives an admin enough trouble to deal with. And nowadays, it's players as well! All the pm's, the complaints, the reports, etc., I mean, you guys don't see that. It's literally keeping me away from multiplayer. I find myself doing more single player these days. It's really quite there. And I missed things being more quite, I guess.

So, yes, you found another one. And it's not a bug really, mate. Nothing's wrong there actually. And sure enough you got the point now. Thanks for the heads up though and I mean it. You couldn't have known.

Maybe a little CTLD rewrite to spawn an SA15 with every red EWR until he stops. Other than that, you either ban him or spawn an AWACS when red is blind. People suck.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Hi guys, this topic is sore for some and fun for others.  I’m not trolling anyone with this message, and just wish to point out facts. 

I have seen this happen time after time and it is a fog of war tactic. Being a GCI, is more than just sending fighters in to shoot other fighters down. You are there to aid the battle in what ever you can. Move vehicles, set traps for fighters, drive vehicles and shoot the odd aircraft if they come within your envelope. 
I use all tactics of war and keep an open mind as to what the enemy is doing. Often I disable HAWK sites, EWR’s, reduce kill zones for more effective results, place ground vehicles in such a way to that they don’t all die with a single pass. 
Its your own fault if you lose the turn fight if you commit to it with not knowing how to BFM. Why complain if you don’t protect your equipment. 

I know it’s frustrating not having coverage, I’ve been there, it hurts. Do you see me writing about it in forums?  As a rhetorical question I’m not asking you to answer it, just take the time to help your team mates. Be the guy who helps others, and make the mission more fulfilling by guarding your sites.

DCS is built around the combined arms, it also gives you the tools to defend as well as attack. Your failure is in your hands. 

Im not asking for people to get upset with me, pointing out the obvious that we all know.  If you spent 30 minutes in a 4 hour mission taking turns you can have a memorable mission. You get just as much pleasure fighting as an E2 operator than a fighter pilot. Trust me, it’s not easy, but it’s worth the work. 

Thanks for taking the time to understand the bigger picture, Alpenwolf has a huge job, planning missions, and answering questions that with thought, could be resolved simply.

Enjoy the fight, help others and respect each other. 

Cheers,

Mike-Delta

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2021 at 12:27 PM, Alpenwolf said:

Server News:

As many of you already know, the server is funded partially by me and partially by your donations. Thanks for all the donations so far! However, I'm forced to tell you that it's been rather a bit dry on your side as of late 😉

I understand how difficult it is for many these days to afford things that used to be affordable. Tough times, I know. So, if you can spare a bit for the server, then please, donate via PayPal to the following address:

hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Thank you all in advance and God bless!

Hi guys,

As you all know I do spend some time on this server.  I like many others enjoy the freindship, gameplay and passion for all things of the coldwar.  We have a good thing, don't let your mission developer down by not contributing.

Please give something to help out Alpenwolf pay for the server and his time put into this fantastic server.  If your like me, forgetting to drop a few pence into the server pockets so that this great server can continue, don't delay.  If you can't because your not in a position, then remember when you are.

Thanks guy's, it is just being a good team player.

This is the PAYPAL address to use: hokumyounis@yahoo.com 

Regards,

Mike-Delta

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MarkMD said:

Hi guys, this topic is sore for some and fun for others.  I’m not trolling anyone with this message, and just wish to point out facts. 

I have seen this happen time after time and it is a fog of war tactic. Being a GCI, is more than just sending fighters in to shoot other fighters down. You are there to aid the battle in what ever you can. Move vehicles, set traps for fighters, drive vehicles and shoot the odd aircraft if they come within your envelope. 
I use all tactics of war and keep an open mind as to what the enemy is doing. Often I disable HAWK sites, EWR’s, reduce kill zones for more effective results, place ground vehicles in such a way to that they don’t all die with a single pass. 
Its your own fault if you lose the turn fight if you commit to it with not knowing how to BFM. Why complain if you don’t protect your equipment. 

I know it’s frustrating not having coverage, I’ve been there, it hurts. Do you see me writing about it in forums?  As a rhetorical question I’m not asking you to answer it, just take the time to help your team mates. Be the guy who helps others, and make the mission more fulfilling by guarding your sites.

DCS is built around the combined arms, it also gives you the tools to defend as well as attack. Your failure is in your hands. 

Im not asking for people to get upset with me, pointing out the obvious that we all know.  If you spent 30 minutes in a 4 hour mission taking turns you can have a memorable mission. You get just as much pleasure fighting as an E2 operator than a fighter pilot. Trust me, it’s not easy, but it’s worth the work. 

Thanks for taking the time to understand the bigger picture, Alpenwolf has a huge job, planning missions, and answering questions that with thought, could be resolved simply.

Enjoy the fight, help others and respect each other. 

Cheers,

Mike-Delta

I don't disagree with anything you said.

Winning the war while killing the server is not a winning proposition.

Some common sense must come into play.

If one player is determined to do nothing but blind the other side at the expense of the server population in general, something should be done.

Personally, I would ask the player to stop this behavior and if the response was anything along the lines of "If you don't like it, build the server to stop me from doing it" then I would immediately ban this person. That is the attitude that ruins the experience for everyone else and makes a server operator's life miserable.

Some people play purely to bring grief to others or to stroke their own egos. The easiest solution is to exclude those players from playing where this behavior is not appreciated.

Many DCS groups avoid this by putting their servers behind a password.

If we want a public server run by a community volunteer, we have to behave ourselves and support the server operator's decisions regarding those who cannot behave themselves.

• Like 3

EDsignaturefleet.jpg