wrong launcher rails for Aim-9s and Aim-120's

berk.kp

• BIGNEWY changed the title to wrong launcher rails for Aim-9s and Aim-120's
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why they had to remove the old launchers. Just... Why. Some kids like to destroy other kids' toys I guess. Removing content/features (for no technical reason) should be illegal without the consent of the buyer. Why can't we have both. Straight up removing the single launchers was a bad decision.

PLEASE BRING BACK THE SWISS LAUNCHERS THANK YOU ED (I paid for this stuff)

Edited by 79Au

Modules: AH-64D, Mi-24P, UH-1H, F-14, F-18C, CA, SC    Terrains: Sinai, Strait of Hormuz, Syria    -    Wishlist: Desert Storm map, 1950s Sinai, Navy Phantom, A-6, Mirage F1EQ, AH-64A, MiG-17/23/25/29, dynamic campaign, live/historical weather - Social credit score: -20

2 hours ago, 79Au said:

I don't understand why they had to remove the old launchers. Just... Why. Some kids like to destroy other kids' toys I guess. Removing content/features (for no technical reason) should be illegal without the consent of the buyer. Why can't we have both. Straight up removing the single launchers was a bad decision.

You paid for a U.S. Hornet circa 2005.

• Like 5

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

You're entirely missing or even avoiding my point. Let me repeat, so that you can understand. The "forbidden" launcher was there when the F-18 released, it was there when people purchased the module, and there is no reason to remove it other than a couple hard core purists feeling like their day was ruined if it shows up on their armament menu.

This stuff needs to stop. I'd call it bug report abuse, and only a developer like ED would side with those who advocate for the removal of previously developed and paid components of a module. Even if it's just a small launcher, it's not okay to flat out remove it from the game just because someone doesn't like it.

This time I'm not asking for UnReAlIsTiC weapons like APKWS, I demand that ED stops listening to fanatics that want stuff to be removed. (Most people/consumers would think it's bad to lose something they had access to, you know)

Modules: AH-64D, Mi-24P, UH-1H, F-14, F-18C, CA, SC    Terrains: Sinai, Strait of Hormuz, Syria    -    Wishlist: Desert Storm map, 1950s Sinai, Navy Phantom, A-6, Mirage F1EQ, AH-64A, MiG-17/23/25/29, dynamic campaign, live/historical weather - Social credit score: -20

2 hours ago, 79Au said:

You're entirely missing or even avoiding my point. Let me repeat, so that you can understand. The "forbidden" launcher was there when the F-18 released, it was there when people purchased the module, and there is no reason to remove it other than a couple hard core purists feeling like their day was ruined if it shows up on their armament menu.

This stuff needs to stop. I'd call it bug report abuse, and only a developer like ED would side with those who advocate for the removal of previously developed and paid components of a module. Even if it's just a small launcher, it's not okay to flat out remove it from the game just because someone doesn't like it.

This time I'm not asking for UnReAlIsTiC weapons like APKWS, I demand that ED stops listening to fanatics that want stuff to be removed. (Most people/consumers would think it's bad to lose something they had access to, you know)

Ohhhhh, you *demand*! That will change everything, I am sure!

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

On 3/6/2023 at 5:14 PM, 79Au said:

Yes, we need to form a class action as I’m sure many have been damaged by this unfortunate move by ED to remove the launchers.  

eye roll

• Like 3

I wonder what rail Fulcrums used to fire those HARMs if you catch my drift.

There is absolutely nothing to argue about. ED wants the best for their product and they want to be authentic. They added something, they realized, they corrected. Move on. Does it launch the missile? Yep!

I came to this thread thinking "oh no, my favorite module got a wrong item?"

I left this thread happy that it has got the correct one.

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 3

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

On 3/7/2023 at 1:14 AM, 79Au said:

Removing content/features (for no technical reason) should be illegal without the consent of the buyer.

23 hours ago, 79Au said:

I demand that ED stops listening to fanatics that want stuff to be removed.

the only mistake in ED's removal of features was removing the laughing react emoji on this forum.

Edited by dorianR666
  • Like 5

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

Wow... I came here wanting to learn something. I learned two things.

1. Some people don't understand the difference between a game and a simulator, and,
  2. There's a reason there aren't single-rail launchers on the F/A-18.

Pretty cool!

• Like 1