Bankler's CASE 1 Recovery Trainer

Bankler

bit of both 🙂 they are conveniently placed ...  i suspect in the real world the operational formation would be much bigger 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

vor 7 Stunden schrieb speed-of-heat:

bit of both 🙂 they are conveniently placed ...  i suspect in the real world the operational formation would be much bigger 

At first i thought the right one on the downwind leg was a reference to start the turn

On 12/20/2023 at 5:28 PM, Fresh said:

Hi Bankler,

I've installed your latest legacy version, and noticed it is not legacy anymore. I don't know if I am doing anything wrong. Anyway, I changed it to the Forrestal, and now I broke it 😉 Can you please have a look at it?

Thanks!

Hmm. I had a look, and to me it looks like it's the CVN-74, which I imagine is the legacy carrier? Maybe I'm missing something (early morning here), but can you please take a look just to make sure you didn't download the SC / T-45 version or something? 🙂 

On 2/13/2024 at 11:22 PM, Charmin2105 said:

Question: Are the ships behind the carrier references or just there?

Just there, in this case. I think in other missions, they have positioned the ship as reference points. Imho this isn't a great way of getting a feel for the break, as you will make yourself dependent on where those are. So think of them as decoration, nothing else. 🙂 Except from the one at the carrier's 6 o'clock. That is a reference point to where to fly over to start the script.

Hi Bankler,

sorry my bad, I didn't disable the supecarrier module when I wanted to test the legacy version, and since I was trying to use the T-45C I had mistakenly used the supercarrier version on top of that..

Sorry for the trouble..

Fresh

On 12/18/2023 at 7:52 PM, Jar72 said:

Hi guys,

I was wondering. Is there a website or something, logging the passes of all pilots willing to share ? I'm not wondering about "who is the best pilot" (we already know that the plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room). But rather I'm wondering about my level compared to other (dedicated) pilots, if I should still continue to train hard to improve, or if I can settle for my score as ok, and go have fun differently. My best score is 66 / 75, I don't know what it accounts for for an F-14-B (am I average, above, lower ?), and I usually score above 50.

Also, for tomcat lovers, I would like to share my experience, maybe it will help others ? Quite surprisingly and interestingly, I followed Victory's advice at one point, because I could not get beyond a (low and unsatisfactory) score with the tomcat. So I turned the HUD off. I struggled even more at the beginning, because I needed a new routine. But then it clicked and I did not stop improving case I and III. Now, if I turn the HUD back up, I feel it is much easier than ever. But... I can't stand it anymore, so I keep it down, the routine feels more conforting with instruments. Exactly as Victory said, the analog needle of the altimeter is just so much better to understand your vertical speed / variation. So, I would suggest others to train hard without HUD.

JAR

PS : My compliments and many thanks to Bankler, you opened this road of a beautiful carrier landing for me.

Not aware of such websites but ive seen most people avarage around 60-65 when they start to get a hang of it, say around 100 landings or so - it's easy to get 75 every now and then but the occational 60 drops the avarage. More active players with thousands of landings seem to avarage around 70. I have 814 carrier landings (F14 and F18 combined) and last 20 landings i wrote down avaraged 66 with F14 and 69 with F18.

Really depends on the squadrons you fly with, some take landings quite seriously and avarage much higher than some more relaxed squadrons. Also taking a break seems to hurt the scores, if i dont fly for a month i will struggle to get even 60 on the first 2-3 landings.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Closest thing to a greenieboard would be here: http://logbook.ansirial.it/Leaderboard/DCSGreenieBoard

But that uses the supercarrier grading system, and the leaderboard can be fudged with a single perfect pass putting you at the top. Of which I am currently guilty of 🤣 The user currently ranked 3rd should be in 1st.

It would be cool if we could bypass the supercarrier grading system and input Bankler's grades or the airboss script grades in a logbook instead.

Edited by Nealius

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had a chance to try this since the update.  How's it working with the new F-18 FM?  Was going to recommend it to a new guy, but I don't want to do that if it needs tweaking with the changes.