The New F-14D Super Tomcat Model

You seem to be walking a thin line in concern with that licensing agreement, and by modifying the model and posting it for anyone else to use would fall under the 3rd part.

Wouldn't it be cheaper/more rewarding/ and actually plausibly usable if you made the model from scratch and under 25k polys?

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I will try and see if I can do something about all the poly's....

@IguanaKing- the model is "Mine" now and hasnt broken any rules....we know what we are doing. And also, dont make me bring the topic of EricJ's F/A-18F into this because he purchased that model too. If you want to argue, then yell at both of us for no reason ;)

what is that supposed to mean?

The model "copy" is yours to do what the license says you CAN do with it. What it says you CAN do with it is right there in the license. Giving it away to the community is a no-no. I suspect Gys got pissed at you while he was making his model, and therefore stopped working on it for the community. Pay attention to what people are telling you instead of sticking your fingers in your ears. The model Eric purchased from MeshFactory is undergoing extreme make-overs due to the imprecise modeling, and will technically be a new a/c model because more than 90% of the aircraft was done 3rd party.

The model Eric purchased from MeshFactory is undergoing extreme make-overs due to the imprecise modeling, and will technically be a new a/c model because more than 90% of the aircraft was done 3rd party.

what the hell do you think I am doing?:doh::music_whistling::smartass::thumbup::pilotfly:

I am using the model as a base....sorry, but do I not have the same rights as you?

If you can model and use 3dmax , why the hell do you guys need to beg / borrow / buy / steal or whatever other peoples models for ?

why not just mount some very decent schematic line drawings of the f14 into 3dmax - and model it 100% yourself to your own technique and an appropriate poly count .

There is nothing wrong with viewing other 3d models as a reference or source of inspiration - or to scratch ones head and think - why the hell did you model piece A that way , and why so many damn polys used so inefficiently , i do this alot , then go and do my own models 100% my own way , my own work .

to do what you are doing is just wrong in my opinion , and a real arse about face way or doing a new decent lomac new model

whatever the legalese stuff says or does not say , and whether you fess up to the community about what your skills are , and what bits you made / did not make or modify - its just wrong plain and simple

i bet the original 3d author would be less than happy at your actions - i would be furious if i sold my stuff , and someone pulled it apart to cough rebuild !

there are some great f14 schematics here to mount in 3dmax and model 100% afresh your own work

http://www.airwar.ru/other/drawe.html

what the hell do you think I am doing?:doh::music_whistling::smartass::thumbup::pilotfly:

I am using the model as a base....sorry, but do I not have the same rights as you?

I dont see EricJ giving his model (which he himself paid 80+ dollars for) away to anyone except for those who contributed to the work. I dont think your going to do anything more than reduce the poly counts. If you look in the EULA you will notice that it is specifically made for movies. You plan on installing it in-game. Erics is going to be a full re-work by the time he releases it to anyone IF he chooses to do so.

Now, if you were to keep the original intact, make a copy of it yourself and tear into it, dont distribute the original, modify (ie FIX issues with scale, animate, render, or in general make it "better") the model past 90% and then maybe you might have a good model to play with and do what you want to do with. The only thing that might be acceptable for other installs would be to acknowledge mesh factory and use the skins that came with it...aside from that then I dont think so, jimbo.

• Like 1

The model Eric purchased from MeshFactory is undergoing extreme make-overs due to the imprecise modeling, and will technically be a new a/c model because more than 90% of the aircraft was done 3rd party.

I appreciate the heads up and info but I know what I am doing ;) :)

Optimizing a payed model of 200 000polys to one of 20 000polys means more work than building it from scratch. You have failed to see Troffmeister point and I think you just think you know what you are doing.

And if I understanded correctly the legal part, after you've done that work you will have to pretty much keep the resulted model for yourself. So...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I have nothing more to say on this particular issue

but seeing as you guys like buying models - does anyone have a 3dmax or .3ds model of a good f-35 jsf model

i have the 3 good color pictures of the different versions of the f-35 from the manufacturer - each pic is front side and top views - but want i need badly is some cross section slices thru thru the body of the F-35 , so i can model my versions of the f-35 correctly

so if anyone fancies buying me ,or donationg to me a F-35 3d model for help / reference purposes - that would be sweet - alternatively does anyone have schematic line drawings showing the cross sections - i have searched the web high and low - and found none !

my models will be 100% new material and my own workmanship )

Su-25T has about 20 000polys and is very beautiful. 200 000? In Lock On? Looks like a good joke.
The Su-25T model has a lot more than 20K poly's, especially with ordnance. You can check this in game by pressing CTRL-BACKSPACE twice (check to left corner of the screen).

I think I might know why it says 200,000+ polys....lmao, I opened up the model in the game yesterday (it didnt really work right) but it showed the two little cockpit seats and the underbelly the size of Godzilla times 2. LOL

There is something wrong with the size of the model....that might be the problem :/

I think I might know why it says 200,000+ polys....lmao, I opened up the model in the game yesterday (it didnt really work right) but it showed the two little cockpit seats and the underbelly the size of Godzilla times 2. LOL

There is something wrong with the size of the model....that might be the problem :/

That's because you need to scale it correctly, no idea how as I don't model things, and no the scale does not effect poly count. It is highly detailed that's why it says 200k+

Su-25T has 52000 poly`s. New model (AH-64D Longbow for example) has 100000 poly`s.

Ha and ED said to us that the new models won't change the frame rate in game, I find that hard to believe with such great new models. By the way Gys is your tornado going to make it into Black Shark? It should do :D

Yes

I think for modern computers 100000 not a problem.

Thats uh....thats insane.:huh: My laptop is pretty mighty, and for what it is I only got 1280 3dmarks on it...Im afraid that if I have that model on my machine, smoke would billow out of both my laptop and my ears.

The other HUGE difference is that he specifically informed the author of the original model of his intentions, and asked him what would and wouldn't be ok with him. Its all pretty well laid out in the "Super Bug" thread, and it shows the correct way to approach such a thing. There is nothing wrong with borrowing or building upon someone else's work...just as long as you ask the guy who did the original work if its ok if you do what you are planning to do.

Right on the money :)

Anyway, for those of us who aren't proficient with modelling, I would say a better way of going about it would be to contact a 3D artist and get a quote on a custom built model(many artists offer this) - partially because the conditions under which you intend to use the model can be laid out and agreed upon from the outset and partially because you can specify the requirements the model needs to meet in order for it to be useful for Lock-on purposes.

JJ